X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
      Dan can chime in...

But that cash consideration is of value to the Raps?
      It's basically nothing. The real cash value is in the tax savings.

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      To Jazz: Lowry
      To Grizz: Rubio, Favors, Valanciunas, Wright, 1st Round Pick from Jazz
      To Raptors: Conley, Gasol
      Ugh. Just Lowry and JV for that package is bad, now we're tossing in Wright?
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
        I don't like this Lowry for Conley stuff. I'm not convinced it would be a clear upgrade, and even if it is I don't think it would be nearly a big enough one to warrant disrupting the team this much
        Conley would be a major upgrade over Lowry - offensively and defensively. And he shows up in the playofs too.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          It's basically nothing. The real cash value is in the tax savings.

Ugh. Just Lowry and JV for that package is bad, now we're tossing in Wright?
          No it's not you overvalue both Lowry and Valanciunas tremendously. Biggest fanboy of both guys on the board, particularly the latter.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Thing is, a Lowry Conley swap is essentially a lateral move, and it's a lot of instability in the keep Kawhi year without bringing in a big star
            It also messes up our cap space for 2020. And Conley's age doesn't even line up with Kawhi's prime years. Unless Masai is fed up with Lowry for a multitude of reasons (some of which we'll never know), then it's a pass for me.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              No it's not you overvalue both Lowry and Valanciunas tremendously. Biggest fanboy of both guys on the board, particularly the latter.
              Get that "fanboy" crap out of here. People have opinions that may differ from yours. That is the purpose of a forum. Let's talk like adults please.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                It also messes up our cap space for 2020. And Conley's age doesn't even line up with Kawhi's prime years. Unless Masai is fed up with Lowry for a multitude of reasons (some of which we'll never know), then it's a pass for me.
                I feel like this could be a much bigger part of it than people are letting on.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  The whole point of the deal is getting Gasol as well, it's not a Lowry for Conley straight swap.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Get that "fanboy" crap out of here. People have opinions that may differ from yours. That is the purpose of a forum. Let's talk like adults please.
                    It was thrown around TIME AFTER TIME whenever someone defended DeRozan, and now it's suddenly not allowed?

Dude is averaging 14ppg on league average TS% and people are still out here in his thread saying it would've been dumb to trade him for Kyrie. Like let's fucking wake up a bit as a collective here.

Comment

It was thrown around TIME AFTER TIME whenever someone defended DeRozan, and now it's suddenly not allowed?
                      Suddenly? Lol Do you know how many times I've asked people to not use that, or "Hater", in my time as a mod? I'd guess hundreds. C'mon man. It's lazy and it's bad form.
                      Last edited by Joey; Wed Feb 6, 2019, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                        Conley would be a major upgrade over Lowry - offensively and defensively. And he shows up in the playofs too.
                        Even if that's the case, are we going to have enough time to rework the offence and integrate him in while also keeping everyone (especially Kawhi) on the same page?
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Dude is averaging 14ppg on league average TS% and people are still out here in his thread saying it would've been dumb to trade him for Kyrie. Like let's fucking wake up a bit as a collective here.

Comment

• The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                              Even if that's the case, are we going to have enough time to rework the offence and integrate him in while also keeping everyone (especially Kawhi) on the same page?
                              It would take some time for sure. But Conley's a great player, he'll figure jt out quickly.

Anyways, i don't want to comment about this anymore. I don't want to get too excited in case nothing happens.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                WTF is going on?? So hard to get context. Windhorst could have some knowledge or he might have just read today's ESPN article about Kyle where he meanders on a lot of feelings in context of a trade deadline
                                i'm gonna wager it's not the latter... he's one of the most connected NBA media members.

not sure it's worth the risk. Conley's having a better year and seems like an excellent team guy so i wouldn't worry about him disrupting the locker room chemistry, but on the court nobody knows or runs the offence like kyle and there's not much time left to integrate.

plus i'd hate to see kyle go.

they must be pretty worried about his back i guess, or behind the scenes stuff as has been endlessly speculated.

Comment

Working...
                                X