Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Sixers might also add Wesley Matthews in buyout
    The good thing is that if Wes wants playing time.. he wont' get it with Philly. We can't really offer that either though. He'd be better off on a team like Houston in my opinion.

Comment

• Im glad that Kyle suited up last night and was a huge factor for the Raptors. Showed everyone he is healthy. Same with Serge and some of the young guys.

Created more possibilities for Masai before the deadline.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Oh my god, guys, this trade changes nothing for the Raps.

Philly is not significantly better. A little better, sure. But they are more than a little worse than the Raps. Talking like the Raps are not one of the top two teams in the East is silly.

The Clippers potential to pitch Kawhi on pairing with a star is also unchanged by this trade. Maybe they can get in on the AD talks, but reports are they weren't that interested in those talks and even if they do, pitching Kawhi on AD is not necessarily a better pitch than pitching him on picking his partner.

Nothing changed. And yet, panic. Come on guys.
        Come on DanH, you should know this forum by now. Overreactions and hot takes everywhere

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          Come on DanH, you should know this forum by now. Overreactions and hot takes everywhere
          Im not aware of any over reactions.

But is it prudent for Masai to stand pat after everything that had transpired in the offseason ?

Again this has nothing to do with all the trades so far by the Bucks or Sixers

***This is about the Raptors ECF aspiration and retaining Kawhi for the long term***

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            The good thing is that if Wes wants playing time.. he wont' get it with Philly. We can't really offer that either though. He'd be better off on a team like Houston in my opinion.
            Matthews will get lots of PT in Philly. He'll immediately become their best bench player. And their go-to guy for perimeter defense.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

But is it prudent for Masai to stand pat after everything that had transpired in the offseason ?

***This is about the Raptors ECF aspiration and retaining Kawhi for the long term***
              There are overreactions pretty often, especially after every loss.

An upgrade would definitely help, and I do hope Masai can make a good trade, but the Raptors fate doesn’t depend on a trade

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                He’s gonna be a hot commodity, lots of teams will be in on him assuming he is bought out
                I won't be surprised if he gets snapped up before the deadline. Have to think all the top teams would be in on Mathews.... And we know Masai likes cause he tried to sign him when he was a UFA.

Comment

Plus, we now have 100% confirmation that the Raps are doing something, probably big. How do I know? Cause Doug Smith says they aren't....

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...-deadline.html

Comment

• even getting Lin or Dedmon in buyout market will help Sixers tremendously. Only hope is that adjustment period will take a while.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                      If we need rebounding, why would we trade for two guys who are worse at rebounding for their positions than the two guys we're trading away?
                      Marc is a better rebounder than JV Conley is smarter than Lowry

Comment

• Marc Gasol is just bad fit for Raps. Rookie coach will have no choice but to play Gasol 30-40 min. So if we ever have to go small, I doubt Nurse will have the balls to bench him.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

What are you even going on about?

Masai won't make a trade just to show that he did. There is literally just one player we've seen on the market who obviously makes us better, and that's Davis. Masai can make an offer, but he can't force the Pels to take it. Any other deal is probably not going to move the needle.

Gasol is having back issues, and no guarantee Conley would be worth the cost or a legit upgrade if Lowry can get back on track. FYI it was obviously Memphis leaking that original rumour since the other rumour that floated around last night was Gasol for Bismarck/Zeller, MKG and whatever other garbage from Charlotte. Way lower than our supposed "offer".

So yeah, there's only one target that makes obvious sense. If Masai doesn't magically land Davis, I can't be that upset. Hard to acquire superstars, seeing as how it took us a quarter-century just to get one here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ah the same story Doug Smith writes every year around this time. Anyone checking to see if he's literally reusing them

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              Marc is a better rebounder than JV Conley is smarter than Lowry
                              Marc is not even a very good rebounder for a C. What the hell are you talking about?

Comment

Oh my god, guys, this trade changes nothing for the Raps.

Philly is not significantly better. A little better, sure. But they are more than a little worse than the Raps. Talking like the Raps are not one of the top two teams in the East is silly.

The Clippers potential to pitch Kawhi on pairing with a star is also unchanged by this trade. Maybe they can get in on the AD talks, but reports are they weren't that interested in those talks and even if they do, pitching Kawhi on AD is not necessarily a better pitch than pitching him on picking his partner.

A.I wrote: View Post
                                Not every reaction is an overreaction or a hot take.

Tobias Harris is shooting 43.4% from three, good enough to be ranked 6th out of 94 players who have attempted 200 threes this year. That is better than Korver, Irving, George, Klay. Last season he shot 41.1% so it's not a massive outlier. He's an average defender and decent passer. That is a great fit at the four next to Embiid and Simmons.

It is weird how every regular season people say everything is fine and then when the playoffs go south they are surprised by the outcome. I doubt Masai and Bobby think everything is fine if they are being as aggressive on the trade front as is being reported.

Comment

Working...
                                X