2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Wright had 1 good game against the Wiz, and then cratered in the Cavs series. Better than zero, I guess.
    2 good games lol
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      2 good games lol
      2 more than Freddy. And 8 more than Jakob - he was really bad.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        2 more than Freddy. And 8 more than Jakob - he was really bad.
        Jakob played? damn

Siakam wasn't that hot either to be fair. Whole bench was meh
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Jakob played? damn

Siakam wasn't that hot either to be fair. Whole bench was meh
          Yup. Pascal got bullied and couldn’t handle the increased physicality. That could be a concern again.

Comment

• I know some had interest in Gasol.. not sure anymore.

If the Grizzlies are open for business wonder if JaMychal Green is available? He'd be the guy I'd want to try and get for a bench role on our team. Shooting 39% from 3 this year.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I know some had interest in Gasol.. not sure anymore.

If the Grizzlies are open for business wonder if JaMychal Green is available? He'd be the guy I'd want to try and get for a bench role on our team. Shooting 39% from 3 this year.
              If JV is not part of our future plans then Gasol would be a nice rental.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                If JV is not part of our future plans then Gasol would be a nice rental.
                JV is happy playing 19mpg. Would Gasol? Would Gasol be an upgrade over Ibaka? Or demand more minutes than he can get? Is he okay playing a faster pace game?

Gasol is a pro and knows how to win. And despite being on a bad team still has a pretty decent RPM and DRPM. So could be an upgrade.

Not sure if Masai would go for it.. but would be interesting if he did.

JV+Miles + 2nd rounder may get it done.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  OG and Delon are on the bubble of playoff usability... how exactly?
                  I was being polite. I don't think either are anything more than a tenth man come playoffs right now, and unfortunately they're our seventh and eighth.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I know some had interest in Gasol.. not sure anymore.

I'd pass on Gasol. Wanted him a couple of years ago, but Memphis decided to hog him no matter what. Now that they ran him to the ground and his old & banged up they want to finally part with him? No thanks. Same for Conley.

Yes for JaMychal Green though, it'd be a great fit.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                      I was being polite. I don't think either are anything more than a tenth man come playoffs right now, and unfortunately they're our seventh and eighth.
                      I don't agree on OG. He can play defense and that game 3 against Cleveland shows he can up his game. He will be big if we play Philly or Boston in the playoffs.

Comment

• If Memphis would take JV and Miles, i wouldnt mind taking Gasol. He can start for match up purposes but mostly off the bench.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                          OK, but why? In the playoffs when rotations shrink and more action goes through the stars, those guys' strengths will be emphasized while their weaknesses less exposed. They have both struggled with the all bench looks, and that's about it.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            In the playoffs when rotations shrink.
                            That’s probably your answer. I think they get minutes in the playoffs myself but if the rotation shrinks in the playoffs the top 7 in my view is:
                            Lowry, green, Leonard,Siakam, Ibaka, JV,FVV. That’s 7.

Then prob Norm and OG. Then Delon or CJ depending on if he finds his stroke.

But if Lowry, Kawhi and Siakam play 35 mins a game in the playoffs we prob aren’t going 10-11 deep

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                              That’s probably your answer. I think they get minutes in the playoffs myself but if the rotation shrinks in the playoffs the top 7 in my view is:
                              Lowry, green, Leonard,Siakam, Ibaka, JV,FVV. That’s 7.

Then prob Norm and OG. Then Delon or CJ depending on if he finds his stroke.

But if Lowry, Kawhi and Siakam play 35 mins a game in the playoffs we prob aren’t going 10-11 deep
                              I can't imagine Norm getting minutes ahead of Delon. Let alone CJ, even if he is hitting. OG will almost certainly get some PF minutes in the playoffs, if fewer (maybe 12 ish off the bench or so, if Siakam is killing it). Delon is more of a question mark, but in the sense that they may just roll 8 guys, not that he's not worthy of the 9th spot.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Memphis is finally ready to part ways with their aging stars. You gotta think they held on for a couple seasons to long and decreased thir value. With the contracts of conley and gasol i dont know if they are gonna get back that great off a package. I would think conley would be the easiest to move but his contract is longer then marcs. What do you guys see as potential landing spots for the 2 vets?
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X