• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Decent shooter/defender right?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Decent shooter/defender right?
      recently he will either have a 20 point game or 8 point game. But for Raps off the bench that's perfect.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Hood is a pretty bad defender. And he's shooting 36% from three on pretty low volume for a wing (3 attempts/game in 27 minutes).

He also makes 3.5M, so hard to see a salary fit unless Cleveland is taking on money, which they can't right now being over the cap.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Hood is a pretty bad defender. And he's shooting 36% from three on pretty low volume for a wing (3 attempts/game in 27 minutes).

He also makes 3.5M, so hard to see a salary fit unless Cleveland is taking on money, which they can't right now being over the cap.
          Yeah hes just another 8-11 in the rotation guy. We have a surplus of those right now in Powell, Wright, miles, mccaw...dont see him as a huge upgrade on any of them because they all do at least one thing much better than hood
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Re Hood...sounds like an agent or gm trying to drum up interest.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Malachi + Monroe?
              "Give me your tired, your poor,
              Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
              The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
              Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
              I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                Re Hood...sounds like an agent or gm trying to drum up interest.
                Hey, Hoops Central, it's me, Rodney Hood's agent, er, I mean, an NBA insider. Did you know that all fo the contending teams are vying for my client, er, I mean Rodney Hood!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  "Give me your tired, your poor,
                  Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
                  The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
                  Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
                  I lift my lamp beside the golden door."
                  We already have them..In Ottawa.

They all sit to the right of the speaker in the house.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• I don't know if there is a good solution to the 3 point issue without giving up too much. You gotta think that getting Beal is just too unrealistic right now. The Wiz have taken the stance that they don't want to trade him so if they are going to listen, you may as well kiss our future prospects goodbye. That probably will f*ck us in the long run (imagine, god forbid, Beal has an Oladipo type injury with us trading Pascal, OG, JV and Powell for him...that is really depressing).

On the other hand, there is what I like to call the "We just need an Ellington" perspective on this. Bench guys are always risky and their bench spot is justified in most cases. My thinking on this is we already have CJ. That probably isn't a very popular around here but really, inconsistency is what we should expect if we trade to get a back up SG. CJ is at least back to being hot and cold which seems like an insult but a few weeks back we'd take that in a heart beat. Furthermore, and I've been his biggest critic on this, his defense has slightly improved so that's a welcomed bonus. Having the option between CJ,Norm and Delon will at least give Nurse some really good options come play off time assuming we don't use them as trade bait. They all bring something different.

Comment

• I know its passed but really shudda went after korver. Could have probably done better than alec burks and 2 second rounders

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        Hey, Hoops Central, it's me, Rodney Hood's agent, er, I mean, an NBA insider. Did you know that all fo the contending teams are vying for my client, er, I mean Rodney Hood!
                        Poor Rodney Hood. Every 7 years, Lebron leaves Cleveland and bunch of players who were formerly "contenders" are left getting spanked every night wondering what happened to their career overnight. You can see it in the delusion of Tristan Thompsons comments before the season. It's gotta be a weird adjustment to go from first to worst with all the same guys around except one

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Those are negative assets

Miles is working his way back. We're back up to 12 or so guys earning minutes. I dont want anybody else trash especially with deals into next year
                          Miles working his way back? because he hit a couple of threes the other day? lol

I don't know what it would cost, but i would definitely try and trade for Hardaway. He can actually shoot unlike any of the bench players on this team. He'd be an instant offense off the bench.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Here's the 3 biggest issue going into the playoffs:

1. Lowry - he always disappears in the playoffs and in crunch time. The Raptors can't do anything about this. Just hope that he shows up this year.

2. Three point shooting - now the Raptors can do something about this. Like, trade for a guy that can shoot? like Tim Hardaway?

3. Bench - The ONLY reliable perimeter bemch player they have as far as i'm concerned is Fred VanVleet. And he has regressed this year.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                              Here's the 3 biggest issue going into the playoffs:

1. Lowry - he always disappears in the playoffs and in crunch time. The Raptors can't do anything about this. Just hope that he shows up this year.

2. Three point shooting - now the Raptors can do something about this. Like, trade for a guy that can shoot? like Tim Hardaway?

3. Bench - The ONLY reliable perimeter bemch player they have as far as i'm concerned is Fred VanVleet. And he has regressed this year.
                              Tim has a lower career 3P% than Wright, Van Vleet or Anunoby, and he had a worse shooting year last year than Lowry this year.

Once he becomes a Raptor you'll hate him like the rest of the guys

Comment

• We just need a guy that is able to hit wide open 3's. Nurse's system gets a lot of flack but when I watch the games guys are WIDE OPEN all the time.. and miss.

CJ had two corner 3's (one of the easiest shots in the game) last night and clanked them both. The odd miss is fine but he's at 35% for the season (at 3's with a defender 6+ feet away). That's actually pretty bad.

These are the worst Raptors at wide open 3's:

JV - 29.6% (27 attempts)
                                Siakam - 29.7% (91 attempts)
                                Ibaka - 33.7% (83 attempts)
                                Miles - 35% (60 attempts)
                                OG - 36.5% (96 attempts)
                                Norm - 36.5% (34 attempts)

Everyone else is above 40% (not including bench scrubs).

Ellington is hitting 41.5% with 41 attempts. If we can get Seth Curry that would be nice. He's hitting wide open 3's at 55.4% and took 56 attempts from there. Troy Daniels would also be nice (55.0%, 40 attempts).

Comment

Working...
                                X