2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris wrote: View Post
    question posed by howard beck to zach lowe and brian windhorst on lowe's podcast a couple days ago, to which neither of them had the answer on the spot... are we in the same boat as the celtics? is kawhi on the same designated rookie extension as kyrie? are the last 20 pages of chatter in this thread all a moot point?

i did a quick google search but don't have time to dig into it too much at work.
    No kawhi didnt sign the rookie extension with the spurs. they waited till he was exipred and signed a new contract so they would have more flexibility. Between that and popavich allegedly telling demps not to deal with LA. Pop might end up being our savior
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
      question posed by howard beck to zach lowe and brian windhorst on lowe's podcast a couple days ago, to which neither of them had the answer on the spot... are we in the same boat as the celtics? is kawhi on the same designated rookie extension as kyrie? are the last 20 pages of chatter in this thread all a moot point?

i did a quick google search but don't have time to dig into it too much at work.
      Started heading down the rabbit hole when i was looking up kawhis contract. Turns out he represented by some fairly new agency in which he is really the only real NBA player he represent (he has some low level g-league players under contract). The agent mostly has NFL clients. Kawhi must prefer to have someone who is only looking out for him in the league with no other big name clients to look after. Not really to crazy of information just thought it was interesting. I cant even find a Wikipedia on the agent, he has a lindkdin tho...

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        Started heading down the rabbit hole when i was looking up kawhis contract. Turns out he represented by some fairly new agency in which he is really the only real NBA player he represent (he has some low level g-league players under contract). The agent mostly has NFL clients. Kawhi must prefer to have someone who is only looking out for him in the league with no other big name clients to look after. Not really to crazy of information just thought it was interesting. I cant even find a Wikipedia on the agent, he has a lindkdin tho...
        That's hilarious. It just fits with the story about the car Kawhi drove around in San Antonio. It runs and that's all he's looking for in a car.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          It's not just 20 plus games , that's the regular season. It's two playoff drives, two cracks at beating golden state and raising a banner. And that's what teams like Portland Toronto Denver and Milwaukee are salivating over, THIS YEAR
          Plus, for a team like Toronto, adding a young superstar and having a solid playoff run could help re-sign Leonard in the offseason, which could then potentially help them re-sign Davis the following year. Of course, both players could walk away from Toronto for nothing, but I think the upside is well worth it for Masai to consider, even if it means giving up several young players and picks.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            That's hilarious. It just fits with the story about the car Kawhi drove around in San Antonio. It runs and that's all he's looking for in a car.
            And the New Balance shoe deal.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
              No kawhi didnt sign the rookie extension with the spurs. they waited till he was exipred and signed a new contract so they would have more flexibility. Between that and popavich allegedly telling demps not to deal with LA. Pop might end up being our savior
              I didn't hear about this, but wanna read it. Source?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I didn't hear about this, but wanna read it. Source?
                https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...y-davis-lakers

Comment

• Am I the only one not so worried about a purged bucks or celtics team adding Davis? Davis and Greek would be stellar but too much overlap and thered be no one else. Davis and Kyrie with an empty roster bleh. not scared to face either with current raps. Now Davis with Kawhi, Lowry, Green and JV - fk ya!

Comment

• Even a good Celtics offer wouldn't leave them with "Davis and Kyrie with an empty roster" ..... damn right they'd be a worry, they are NOW

Comment

• Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post

he GONE
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Playing devils advocate here, but why would NO want to narrow their trade suitors to contending teams that think AD will put them over the top to come out of their conference? If they are rebuilding they'll want the type of assets not playoff team or Boston can offer. Like Slaw said nobody knows what NO wants, but I'd assume the more options the better?
                              Offers from non-contending/non-playoff teams would be better for the Pels, as they would come in the form of young prospects and higher draft picks, but there's one big reason they're not gonna get many of those offers, if any: lesser teams offering their farm to get AD will remain shitty after getting him, and with less potential to get better later on without their picks.

For example, I bet the Pels would like Devin Booker/Ayton + TJ Warren + Picks from the Suns for AD,, but if the Suns did that they'd be totally screwed, their team would maybe be marginally better now with one top 7 player in the league in AD, but royally screwed for the future. Somewhat the same rational for Porzingis + Knox + second , or Porzingis + first. That doesn't put the Knicks into a playoff position, let alone contend.

The teams interested in AD are the contenders. They're the ones capable of sacrificing quality pieces to get him and still be better off, so that's where the offers are gonna come from.

As a side note, teams gotta be careful here when offering the farm for AD, so they don't become the new Pelicans. He's an excellent player no doubt, but the reality is he made the playoffs only twice in his career, never a conference finals, and yeah the supporting cast never been stellar there, but guys like Holiday, Rondo and Cousins (all of whom he played with) are not bottom of the barrel either. He needs good players around him, so there's gotta be some reasonably strong talent left after the trade.
                              Last edited by inthepaint; Wed Jan 30, 2019, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Now there are reports that the Pels do NOT want to deal with the Lakers.

It's happening boys!

Comment

Working...
                                X