2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Not every reaction is an overreaction or a hot take.

Tobias Harris is shooting 43.4% from three, good enough to be ranked 6th out of 94 players who have attempted 200 threes this year. That is better than Korver, Irving, George, Klay. Last season he shot 41.1% so it's not a massive outlier. He's an average defender and decent passer. That is a great fit at the four next to Embiid and Simmons.

It is weird how every regular season people say everything is fine and then when the playoffs go south they are surprised by the outcome. I doubt Masai and Bobby think everything is fine if they are being as aggressive on the trade front as is being reported.
    He's a decent passer with his essentially 1:1 assist to turnover ratio?

I'd expect the Raptors to be aggressive on the trade front. They are all in this year. The Philly trade has no impact on that whatsoever.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        What are you even going on about?

Masai won't make a trade just to show that he did. There is literally just one player we've seen on the market who obviously makes us better, and that's Davis. Masai can make an offer, but he can't force the Pels to take it. Any other deal is probably not going to move the needle.

Gasol is having back issues, and no guarantee Conley would be worth the cost or a legit upgrade if Lowry can get back on track. FYI it was obviously Memphis leaking that original rumour since the other rumour that floated around last night was Gasol for Bismarck/Zeller, MKG and whatever other garbage from Charlotte. Way lower than our supposed "offer".

So yeah, there's only one target that makes obvious sense. If Masai doesn't magically land Davis, I can't be that upset. Hard to acquire superstars, seeing as how it took us a quarter-century just to get one here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
        I think reading my other posts would allow you to fully understand what i wanted to point out. I never even mentioned any liking to acquire Gasol and Conley

Here is the gist of it...

AD

Or

Beal

Or

Address three point shooting

Standing pat is stupid

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          whaa
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            I think reading my other posts would allow you to fully understand what i wanted to point out. I never even mentioned any liking to acquire Gasol and Conley

Here is the gist of it...

AD

Or

Beal

Or

Address three point shooting

Standing pat is stupid
            Is Beal available? By all accounts there is no sign of it. Do you gut the team and open up new holes to get him? He's not that good a player.

Which shooter is actually available? Who would be worth giving something up for instead of just exploring the buyout market?

Standing pat is not stupid if no good trade is available. Again, the only rumour I see that obviously improves us is Davis. If that's not available, just go to the buyout market to see if you can add a shooter. If not, we're still more talented than arguably every team in the league other than GSW.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Marc Gasol is just bad fit for Raps. Rookie coach will have no choice but to play Gasol 30-40 min. So if we ever have to go small, I doubt Nurse will have the balls to bench him.
              Bad fit? How exactly is Gasol a bad fit for the Raptors? You're talking about a guy that can create for himself and others out of the post, threat to shoot 3's, good help defender etc. Not sure how why people are down on this supposed trade proposal.

Comment

• Thon and Giiannis 2021. Come home.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  Marc is a better rebounder than JV Conley is smarter than Lowry
                  Marc wouldn't be replacing JV on the bench. He would be replacing Serge in the starting line-up.

Comment

Is Beal available? By all accounts there is no sign of it. Do you gut the team and open up new holes to get him? He's not that good a player.

Which shooter is actually available? Who would be worth giving something up for instead of just exploring the buyout market?

Standing pat is not stupid if no good trade is available. Again, the only rumour I see that obviously improves us is Davis. If that's not available, just go to the buyout market to see if you can add a shooter. If not, we're still more talented than arguably every team in the league other than GSW.

Not any of us minions know what is exactly going on so I would assume that no here would pretend who is available or not. Unless you are that one poster that he is his own source .

What you read about Beal is the same thing as what I knew. Hwoever that can change in a heartbeat. Acquiring him without involving Pascal is a good move. But AD then Pascal is for sure be part of that package.

Not getting both but not addressing what they are deficient (ranked in the 20’s in 3 point shooting) for a contending team with title aspirations is irresponsible.

Moore
                    TJ Warren
                    Ariza
                    Mirotic

These guys can be had

Im also with you on acquiring players from the buy out market but no doubt the competition is stiff for the Wes Matthews of the world

Thus standing pat is just irresponsible especially of all the talk of Masai wanting to pursue the big prize. Lets be honest, this team is still a move or two away from getting there

Comment

Not any of us minions know what is exactly going on so I would assume that no here would pretend who is available or not. Unless you are that one poster that he is his own source .

What you read about Beal is the same thing as what I knew. Hwoever that can change in a heartbeat. Acquiring him without involving Pascal is a good move. But AD then Pascal is for sure be part of that package.

Not getting both but not addressing what they are deficient (ranked in the 20’s in 3 point shooting) for a contending team with title aspirations is irresponsible.

Moore
                      TJ Warren
                      Ariza
                      Mirotic

These guys can be had

Im also with you on acquiring players from the buy out market but no doubt the competition is stiff for the Wes Matthews of the world

Thus standing pat is just irresponsible especially of all the talk of Masai wanting to pursue the big prize. Lets be honest, this team is still a move or two away from getting there
                      Irresponsible? What do you give up for any of those guys?

If we trade FVV or Wright, we lost playmaking, which we are not exactly rich with. We are thin up front. Most of our wings are playing well and filling their roles quite well.

Also no guarantees any of those guys tangibly improve our shooting. Remember that many of our guys are shooting worse this year. If this is not just bad luck and related to our style/system, any of these other guys could come in and make no real difference, while we end up giving up assets for them.

I think irresponsible is making a trade just to satisfy fans.

Comment

• My fingers hurt from all the f5iving.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The odds that Masai is going to do nothing are very low. Obviously he's trying to trade to improve the team. He's been trading to improve the team since basically day one and he pretty much wins every trade. The Bargnani trade, the Rudy trade, the Vasquez trade, Salmons for Lou Will, Ross for Ibaka, trash for PJ Tucker, the Kawhi trade. The only trade he hasn't won was giving Brooklyn a pick to get rid of DeMarre Carroll, but overall Masai has been extremely active and extremely successful as a trader.

If there isn't a trade, it'll be because Masai decided that paying what other teams were asking for wasn't as good for the team as standing pat. He's proven time and again that he's a remarkably good trader. If the deal simply isn't available, then it isn't available. But if it is, he'll find a way to win it.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

If you need more evidence that Memphis leaked about the trade and played up Toronto's interest in order to push the price on Gasol and Conley for other teams...

Comment

Irresponsible? What do you give up for any of those guys?

If we trade FVV or Wright, we lost playmaking, which we are not exactly rich with. We are thin up front. Most of our wings are playing well and filling their roles quite well.

Also no guarantees any of those guys tangibly improve our shooting. Remember that many of our guys are shooting worse this year. If this is not just bad luck and related to our style/system, any of these other guys could come in and make no real difference, while we end up giving up assets for them.

I think irresponsible is making a trade just to satisfy fans.

Wait what? A GM making trades to satisfy fans? You are just grasping straws now my friend.

Any trades is not a guarantee to make the acquiring team better because you have to take into consideration chemistry and existing system, why as I said the games still have to be played on the court.

But looking at raw stats, these role players I mentioned are more accurate from that aread beyond 22 feet than the players we have. One of them is a career playoff success from deep.

I respect your opinion but i stand by the fact that standing pat this “specific deadline” after everything had transpired is still irresponsible

We can agree to disagree

Comment

Working...
                                X