2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    I don't know .. keeping OG makes sense as a backstop for if Kawhi leaves. He'll have had a year to learn from the best.

Unless it's for someone that really moves the needle, I'm keeping OG.
    Me too. Honestly, i expect OG to make a leap next season similar to what happened with pascal this season. He's your starting 3 next year if kawhi leaves. If kawhi resigns, then MU can try and get a quality piece to bolster the roster with OG as a key piece in that trade. OG is gonna be good.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      Pascal I agree with OG can be traded what MU this is a example of overvaluing your players
      Maybe you are simply undervaluing OG.

I bet if I dig through the posts I would find posts by you from last season wanting to trade Pascal.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        Neye test tells me he has decent court vision
        Eye test??

Bud your eye test would be like plugging a Canadian tire OBD meter into the space shuttle to solve an intermittent short in the wiring.

Ole janky ass claws....

Comment

• OG is going to be great. But I think there is an opportunity to slide in to the Pelicans chaos and steal AD. They clearly don't want to deal with LA, and waiting for Boston this summer is a giant risk.

I hope Masai goes all in on AD here at the end. If it takes OG and Pascal, so be it. This is the window right now.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Maybe you are simply undervaluing OG.

I bet if I dig through the posts I would find posts by you from last season wanting to trade Pascal.
            I was going to say the same thing. These guys were literally sitting in each others spots last year.

OG will get his swagger back, he's a good, hard player. I keep saying it, and it makes sense, you cannot gut a team this deep, who are this good because of that very depth, for some guy who will literally bolt the first chance he gets.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              OG is going to be great. But I think there is an opportunity to slide in to the Pelicans chaos and steal AD. They clearly don't want to deal with LA, and waiting for Boston this summer is a giant risk.

I hope Masai goes all in on AD here at the end. If it takes OG and Pascal, so be it. This is the window right now.
              Lose those two, and whoever else....and you won't win, AD or not.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                I don't know .. keeping OG makes sense as a backstop for if Kawhi leaves. He'll have had a year to learn from the best.

Unless it's for someone that really moves the needle, I'm keeping OG.
                If it takes og to get rid of Lowry and get Conley og is redundant as long as pascal is here

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                  making me say it twice huh? fine i'll bite.

regardless of that, how do they stack up in a 7 game series vs philly now?
                  They win. Philly cannot beat the celts, bucks or raps in a 7 game series. Embiid and simmons, especially, aren't ready yet. Although i'll say this, if harris and butler are satisfied to just put their heads down and accept 3&D role cards, their chances would improve significantly. Harris might be willing to do that, butler probably would not. Simmons inability to shoot past the FT line is a huge obstacle to overcome.

Comment

If it takes og to get rid of Lowry and get Conley og is redundant as long as pascal is here
                    you have a point.

Comment

Lol doing lowry for conley alone is 50/50. No way OG should be thrown into that deal.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        Eye test??

Bud your eye test would be like plugging a Canadian tire OBD meter into the space shuttle to solve an intermittent short in the wiring.

Ole janky ass claws....
                        I thank you for your service Mr. Mechanic, where would this society be without your expertise.

But going back to the topic, I like Delon as our future back up PG vs. the current understudy

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                          Okay, a few points in response:

1. Anthony Davis isn't a "good player." He's one of the five best players in the league.

2. He is absolutely worth more than "4-5 core players from any team" so long as all of those guys aren't top-20 guys. His trade value might not be that high, but his impact almost certainly is. Don't think in terms of regular season; think in terms of playoffs, where your team essentially contracts to eight or nine guys, five of whom play 80% of the minutes. You want Davis to be one of those five guys, because he is - again - one of the five best players in the league.

3. Siakam may well become more than he is, and that would be great. But Anthony Davis is that now. He is better than Siakam is just about every possible respect that exists, and that is not a slight on Siakam. Davis is simply that good.

4. There are trade packages for Davis which are reasonable and ones which are less reasonable. Siakam obviously is the centerpiece of any such package, since he's probably the best overall player the Pellies can get for him. You need one of Ibaka or Jonas to make the money work both ways. After that, you throw in additional players and picks to balance the trade for both teams. Jonas + Siakam + OG + Fred + two first round picks, for example, is probably a little too rich. Ibaka + Siakam + Delon + one first-rounder is probably a little on the cheap side. The actual deal - assuming one is to be made - probably comes somewhere in the middle if it happens. (Remember that Masai likes to "win" trades, and in fact almost always does.)

5. Whatever gets traded away, you still have a team for these playoffs that will feature Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard, what is left of Kyle Lowry (who can still playmake and defend at a star level even when his shot isn't falling), Danny Green and one of either Jonas or Serge, plus probably one of either Freddy or Delon. That's six of your eight or nine guys right there: if the Raps can get some decent buyout candidates like Wes Matthews they'll have an outstanding playoff team that will absolutely contend for Finals, and they'll have built a team that is the best possible opportunity to convince both Kawhi and AD to resign. They are not going to become the "Pelicans of the north" because the Pelicans became the Pelicans because Jrue Holiday was injured for far too long and because the Pellies took a massive risk on Boogie and it didn't work out and because the Pelicans signed guys like Solomon Hill and Omer Asik to be AD's backup rather than, like, good players.
                          And they all leave, and you are left in year one raptorland, which trust me, is like a nuclear winter. Enjoy

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            I thank you for your service Mr. Mechanic, where would this society be without your expertise.
                            I ask myself that once a year, because frankly, I don't care where it would be..... if I had to guess though.... in real bad shape.

Comment

• Only 20 or so hours to go before the nba shuts down their dry ice machines on this year’s trade deadline. There is less disinformation and just flat out BS than at a GOP leadership convention.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Not a loaded question or anything, I legit don't know, but would like to:

How many times in league history a team moved their starting point-guard mid-season, brought another one (from a different team), and the team made the NBA finals?

I tried to google it but I don't think I used the right search terms.

Comment

Working...
                                X