2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    Is Paskal not a "young player with UPSIDE"? OG is absolutely a "young player with UPSIDE" (not sure why the caps, but alas ..). It could very easily be argued that had we not got Kawhi (y'know, the guy that takes up basically ALL of the minutes that OG got last year), OG would be having a strong season as well.

That said, play the same game with any team, and I'd be very curious to hear your evaluations of other teams players, and why their possible packages are better than what we have to put on the table? Annnd .. GO.
    Of the teams that are on his list, the ONLY team that i mentioned was the Knicks. If the Knicks offer their 1st for Davis, if you're the Pels, you take it and run.

Who'd you rather have? Siakam or the Knicks 1st?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So both LA teams, NY and Milwaukee. AD won't get legacy with the Bucks but he'd get to play with Giannis every day.

I bet if we had Kawhi locked up he'd consider us too.

Let's get him and then work on resigning Kawhi afterwards.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
        Of the teams that are on his list, the ONLY team that i mentioned was the Knicks. If the Knicks offer their 1st for Davis, if you're the Pels, you take it and run.

But you don't know what that 1st is? I don't really know the draft. But isn't it kinda Zion and everybody else type of draft? If it's not first overall how much value is it?
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Imagine if the clippers trade for AD and sign Durant and have no cap space for Kawhi. And he stays in Toronto and wins multiple championships.

Comment

• Never knew this until I checked, but no team has better than 41% chance of getting a top 3 pick in the draft with the new rules.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• dylan123 wrote: View Post
              I don't see us being a player in the AD market as I feel like we would have heard something by now if we were a chance and we really haven't.
              Hard to really guage the extent of the Raptors involvement with a specific trade because historically Masai’s is a pro pro in keeping the specifics close to his vest. Yes we hear from Sharm or Woj that Toronto is one of those teams but thats basically it.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                By logic though, then no one is a player, because no one has heard anything yet... no?
                Woj is constantly updating on Lakers offer and NO going back with what they want. Now I know Lakers are always involved in everything but usually Woj isnt far off and they're really the only team he's mentioned which involves any trade talk.

Hope to be proven wrong but given the lack of time left before the deadline, there not being talk of NO not wanting to deal with Lakers, I dont see us getting it done.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                  Imagine if the clippers trade for AD and sign Durant and have no cap space for Kawhi. And he stays in Toronto and wins multiple championships.
                  Imagine all the people living life in peace Yoo hoo ooo
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Im with Deaner serge not JV. I have a feeling serge is gonna have some serious mind melds in the playoffs that will hurt big time. JV has had a great season. The longest serving raptor has seen a lot around here and hes hungry.

Comment

• Milwaukee is a 2 hour drive from Chicago. Okay so that one makes sense now. He'd get to play on a great team with a top 5 talent.. but also gets to be close to home.

Comment

And what if that pick turns into anything but #1? Bit of a different story if you ask me.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          But you don't know what that 1st is? I don't really know the draft. But isn't it kinda Zion and everybody else type of draft? If it's not first overall how much value is it?
                          Their 1st is likely a top 3 pick.

Zion, Barrett, Reddish, Morant. Give me one of these guys over Siakam + Raps role players.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I have to agree, getting AD and trading their 2019 FRP would mean more wins for the Knicks = diminshing the odds for Pels to get Zion for that pick.

Unless Knicks will just sit out AD til the rest of the season which is very doubtful

Cause and Effect

Comment

Their 1st is likely a top 3 pick.

Zion, Barrett, Reddish, Morant. Give me one of these guys over Siakam + Raps role players.
                              Would it still be a top 3 pick if they have Davis playing on the team?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Would it still be a top 3 pick if they have Davis playing on the team?
                                The Knicks are so bad that i don't think it would make a difference.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X