No announcement yet.

2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't really had a chance to post my thoughts on the deal.

I think it's a good move just because of how low risk it is. The biggest risk is that you don't get as much out of Gasol as you got with Jonas, which is possible on the offensive end, but I think the defense and the passing in particular is a huge upgrade. The one thing the Raptors didn't have on their roster until this point is a playmaking big man, Ibaka and Val are both below average passers even for their positions. This could smooth out Toronto's offense quite a bit, especially when Lowry sits.

Really they didn't give up a single great asset. Valanciunas is a good player with terrific pick and roll skills, but he's on a slight overpay contract and there's just matchups he can't really play in, and they're getting more and more common in today's NBA. There's a reason when he was healthy, Ibaka was finishing 75% of games despite arguably not being purely as good a player. Wright really wasn't going anywhere as a Raptor, it's hard to see them committing to him past the 2020 threshold of when the team's contracts all run out as a third string point guard who should earn more money than that typically calls for. Miles has sadly become a zero on both ends so trading him is just losing an expiring for (probably) committed 2019-20 money in Gasol, which is fine. That second round pick in 2024 could be pick 33 for all we know, but you throw it in if you need to get the deal done.

I think this will work well for team chemistry rather than negatively, and Gasol when he is on (like at the start of this season) is an All Star level beast. I don't think this is the massive upgrade that some outsiders will probably see it as, but I think it's a low cost slight upgrade, which you have to take at this stage.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Or let Norm be more of the facilitator (his IQ still needs a lot of work though).
      What IQ?

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

wonder what the deal was
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Other than him not going to Bucks, the deal we did was better imo.

Comment

• I bet it was Delon to Orlando. When it fell apart they went with fultz

Comment

• Kellerman saying we get Davis via trade this summer? I like Max Kellerman sometimes.

http://www.espn.com/videohub/video/c...goryid=2378529

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                  Kellerman saying we get Davis via trade this summer? I like Max Kellerman sometimes.

he's a cool guy
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Kellerman saying we get Davis via trade this summer? I like Max Kellerman sometimes.

I don't see this unless Kawhi does a 1+1 to stay another year. Otherwise, what's the point?

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                      I don't see this unless Kawhi does a 1+1 to stay another year. Otherwise, what's the point?
                      I mean if kawhi commits for longer term ... like a 2+1 You don't think Davis stays?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        I mean if kawhi commits for longer term ... like a 2+1 You don't think Davis stays?
                        No, I'm saying that Max thinks Kawhi is leaving, but the Raptors still go for AD. I don't see them going for AD unless Kawhi is staying for another season at minimum.

Comment

• Bucks are steamrolling everybody. They build up big early leads and do not give teams any whiff of a comeback. Can they finish 24-6 for a 65 win season? I dare say no Load Management Overload so far for Giannis or Middleton. who have sat for only 3 games each (out of 54). The addition of Mirotic gives Giannis another proven 3pt option on the wing. Very Scary...

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                            Bucks are steamrolling everybody. They build up big early leads and do not give teams any whiff of a comeback. Can they finish 24-6 for a 65 win season? I dare say no Load Management Overload so far for Giannis or Middleton. who have sat for only 3 games each (out of 54). The addition of Mirotic gives Giannis another proven 3pt option on the wing. Very Scary...
                            There's just such an obvious playoff game plan vs the Bucks - sag off Giannis and stay home on the shooters. Let Giannis drive one-on-one all night vs Kawhi, Siakam, and OG.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              There's just such an obvious playoff game plan vs the Bucks - sag off Giannis and stay home on the shooters. Let Giannis drive one-on-one all night vs Kawhi, Siakam, and OG.
                              Can anybody stop Giannis 1-on-1 off the dribble anymore? He's more athletic than prime Lebron with the height/length of Durant.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Can anybody stop Giannis 1-on-1 off the dribble anymore? He's more athletic than prime Lebron with the height/length of Durant.
                                Probably not, but I like the Raptors being able to assign one of Kawhi, Siakim, Gasol or Serge with the others as potential help defenders.

Comment

Working...
                                X