Likes Likes:  809
Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131
Results 2,601 to 2,616 of 2616

Thread: 2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

  1. #2601
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,307
    Likes (Given)
    204
    Likes (Received)
    400

    Default

    Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    its funny when losers on a mssage board get smug and call out an actual NBA basketball players IQ, as if you have all this information and if only everyone could see it....but that NBA guy, he's got low IQ, and we all need to understand that you clearly know more than he does.


    Yeah, it alll adds up.
    We"re cool, you're clarly in a position to call out guys that have lived their role foe years...cuz hey, you used to fantasize about being in the NBA while you sat in your HIGH SCHOOL gymnasium watching the actual playeds on the team throw down lame dunks in wram ups......ooooohhhhh you were good.

    But.


    You arent.

    And you're dumb, and have no fucking idea because you never even played the game. Because you suck. Always have, and clearly, always will.

    ew.
    Yeah, it alll adds up (facepalm).

    Pass me the shit you're taking, oh wait, no I don't want any of that. Not fun, at all. Stop watching Archer, even that white racist narcissist character is more likeable than you at this stage.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

  2. #2602
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,704
    Likes (Given)
    1043
    Likes (Received)
    3821

    Default

    Quote Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
    Yeah they're pedal to the metal every game. No injuries, no resting, stick to the gameplan. It reminds me of Toronto last year. Much like the Raptors last season. I just don't see another gear here. When the games get tighter the Brogdon's and Lopez's are going to fade. I'll believe that until I see otherwise.
    Exactly. And the Raps are the new Lebron Cavs, treating the regular season like practice games, and going to flip the switch when the lights come on.

  3. #2603
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,307
    Likes (Given)
    204
    Likes (Received)
    400

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Exactly. And the Raps are the new Lebron Cavs, treating the regular season like practice games, and going to flip the switch when the lights come on.
    We still have to prove that though.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

  4. #2604
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,698
    Likes (Given)
    1053
    Likes (Received)
    1750

    Default

    Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    its funny when losers on a mssage board get smug and call out an actual NBA basketball players IQ, as if you have all this information and if only everyone could see it....but that NBA guy, he's got low IQ, and we all need to understand that you clearly know more than he does.


    Yeah, it alll adds up.
    We"re cool, you're clarly in a position to call out guys that have lived their role foe years...cuz hey, you used to fantasize about being in the NBA while you sat in your HIGH SCHOOL gymnasium watching the actual playeds on the team throw down lame dunks in wram ups......ooooohhhhh you were good.

    But.


    You arent.

    And you're dumb, and have no fucking idea because you never even played the game. Because you suck. Always have, and clearly, always will.

    ew.
    you're calling out message board posters' IQ while not making any actual argument, so where does that put you?

  5. Likes Superjudge liked this post
  6. #2605
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,483
    Likes (Given)
    48
    Likes (Received)
    477

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Can anybody stop Giannis 1-on-1 off the dribble anymore? He's more athletic than prime Lebron with the height/length of Durant.
    And he'll get call after call to out the denfender in early foul trouble. You'll need to switch Kawhi and Siakam on him to avoid them fouling out early....I'm already extrememly frustrated at the playoff officiating lol

  7. #2606
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,483
    Likes (Given)
    48
    Likes (Received)
    477

    Default

    Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    its funny when losers on a mssage board get smug and call out an actual NBA basketball players IQ, as if you have all this information and if only everyone could see it....but that NBA guy, he's got low IQ, and we all need to understand that you clearly know more than he does.


    Yeah, it alll adds up.
    We"re cool, you're clarly in a position to call out guys that have lived their role foe years...cuz hey, you used to fantasize about being in the NBA while you sat in your HIGH SCHOOL gymnasium watching the actual playeds on the team throw down lame dunks in wram ups......ooooohhhhh you were good.

    But.


    You arent.

    And you're dumb, and have no fucking idea because you never even played the game. Because you suck. Always have, and clearly, always will.

    ew.
    Amongst all that's wrong with this post the part that does ring true is the internet eye roll generated by fans constantly calling players "low BBIQ" like it's something measurable beyond their personal eye test. The lowest IQ NBA player is still likely 100X the average fan (10X the average RR fan ). Same goes for an NBA coach, even the rook we have.

    All part of fan forums but keep it in perspective folks .... but seriously, stop over using "BBIQ"

  8. #2607
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,704
    Likes (Given)
    1043
    Likes (Received)
    3821

    Default

    Quote G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Amongst all that's wrong with this post the part that does ring true is the internet eye roll generated by fans constantly calling players "low BBIQ" like it's something measurable beyond their personal eye test. The lowest IQ NBA player is still likely 100X the average fan (10X the average RR fan ). Same goes for an NBA coach, even the rook we have.

    All part of fan forums but keep it in perspective folks .... but seriously, stop over using "BBIQ"
    My IQ is so low that I'm not sure I'm following this line of argument. When a forum poster says an NBA player like pre-2019 Bruno for example, has a low BBIQ, I'm pretty sure they're talking about that meaning "relative to other NBA players" like Marc Gasol. Where's the issue here?

  9. Likes Maury liked this post
  10. #2608
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    14,212
    Likes (Given)
    36
    Likes (Received)
    1602

    Default

    Masai went for two guys I wanted last year and got 1. What a great trade deadline.

    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

  11. #2609
    Raptors Republic Veteran Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    5,567
    Likes (Given)
    551
    Likes (Received)
    1529

    Default

    Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Yeah, it alll adds up (facepalm).

    Pass me the shit you're taking, oh wait, no I don't want any of that. Not fun, at all. Stop watching Archer, even that white racist narcissist character is more likeable than you at this stage.
    I'm not sure I care bud. My post is exactly how I felt when I posted it. The internet is a great tool, but since it's inception, there has been an evolution of delusion for people that frequent messageboards. You get this feeling, this idea that because you are posting, and you can see your words, you are somehow qualified to make some serious statements about any given subject when the reality is, you can't. Most of what is here, my own stuff included, is trash, it's unqualified mental garbage. We need it in our lives I guess, it's nice to vent, but when guys use terms they hear and read online.... "close out" "Bball IQ" "motor" "3&D".....when they talk about a players Defensive awareness, whether or not he's a "system" guy, or whatever it might be, for the most part, save for a few guys here that I know are actual players from College, most of what they are saying is just garbage. Made up, regurgitated garbage.

    I don't care if you like what I post. I don't.
    A lot of my posts are boring rants on 4 Beers and a shitty 3rd quarter. Just venting.
    Any posts about actual ball, trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Which is why I don't post a lot of um, because really, there is no point. We are all fans, spectators, that’s it. So when a guy here, starts lipping off about a players IQ, yeah, I call it out if im in the mood because what the FUCK does a guy here know about what a Professional athlete knows about Ball? How many millions of permutations are involved with how a guy, who, trust me, was a fucking GOD in High School and College before going pro, was a guy who you'd bow to at the local YMCA if he even ran with you because he might be worried about getting injured playing with scrubs, how many things have gone into where he is at any given point in his career? Why is he out of sorts? Why has he stopped doing things he did before? Family? Stress? Confidence" Reps" Why????

    I can guarantee you this, it has ZERO to do with what some LittleDick on a messsageboard feels about "Basketball IQ. I played a few games with guys from Boards.... guys who knew everything....they were fucking terrible. Terrible players, terrible at reading the game, playing the game, and they were AWESOME dudes to play with. Point being..... yeah you can all talk the talk all day, but it doesn't mean a goddamned thing in the end. You're still a smug, dumb keyboard hero, with a head full of well-intentioned bullshit.

    So like, or don't like what I post, I couldn't, literally, care less.

    Oh, and Sterling Archer isn't even remotely racist. Narcissistic, yeah, I'll give ya that...that, is the one and only valid part of your post. Now please, just go and hit the ignore button ASAP, I really don't want you to have to endure my little doses of reality, you probably need the illusion in your life.

  12. #2610
    Raptors Republic Veteran Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    5,567
    Likes (Given)
    551
    Likes (Received)
    1529

    Default

    Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    you're calling out message board posters' IQ while not making any actual argument, so where does that put you?
    At the top of the list, of course

  13. Likes KHD liked this post
  14. #2611
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,483
    Likes (Given)
    48
    Likes (Received)
    477

    Default

    Russell Westbrook ties NBA record with 9th straight triple-double

  15. #2612
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,483
    Likes (Given)
    48
    Likes (Received)
    477

    Default

    Lakers: Magic Johnson said before the game that he didn’t believe the New Orleans Pelicans engaged in good-faith negotiations at the trade deadline during the Lakers’ pursuit of Anthony Davis. Johnson added that the LA players who were on the trade block are professionals who are capable of moving forward. "This is how this league works," he said. "They know it. I know it."

    hahaha

  16. #2613
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10,681
    Likes (Given)
    2796
    Likes (Received)
    1662

    Default

    Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Oh, and Sterling Archer isn't even remotely racist. Narcissistic, yeah, I'll give ya that...that, is the one and only valid part of your post. Now please, just go and hit the ignore button ASAP, I really don't want you to have to endure my little doses of reality, you probably need the illusion in your life.
    Love those cold showers of reality to wake me up.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

    “They’re not an up-and-coming team (Raptors). They here.” Kevin Durant

  17. #2614
    Raptors Republic Superstar The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,064
    Likes (Given)
    118
    Likes (Received)
    230

    Default

    I just wanted to play the what if game because i am bored .

    What if the deal to acquire Mirotic didnt fell through, Do we still have JV in the fold? I think so. I suspect the package for Mirotic was to send out Miles and Wright (probably Orlando was the third team involved).

    What if Ellington who I read somewhere was the primary target of Masai, decided to sign with the Raps.

    Then Lin to follow

    We may have as our bench rotation:

    JV
    Mirotic
    OG
    Ellington
    Powell
    Van Vleet
    McCaw
    Lin


    Vs.

    Marc(interchange with Serge)
    OG
    Powell
    Van Vleet
    McCaw
    Lin
    And another buy out big

    Interesting how it plays out

  18. #2615
    Raptors Republic Superstar LJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,123
    Likes (Given)
    867
    Likes (Received)
    529

    Default

    Whether Kawhi stays or leaves do you guys think Masai tries to move Lowry in the summer?

  19. #2616
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer DanH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    15,018
    Likes (Given)
    5317
    Likes (Received)
    9189

    Default

    Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Whether Kawhi stays or leaves do you guys think Masai tries to move Lowry in the summer?
    Not if he stays. If he leaves, yeah, they probably try to find a competing team to swap his deal for a dead one and a pick or something, let the young guys run the team for a while. Same goes for Serge and Gasol.

    But maybe he doesn't, maybe he wants to compete still, stay in the playoffs, and stay good as part of the pitch to FA's come 2020. In that case you keep everyone.

    I don't think I'd mind either path, though I'd lean to maximizing the value of the 2020 draft pick and getting extra assets, as it's unlikely any of Lowry, Serge or Gasol factor in come 2020-21 unless they come very cheap as a bench option.

Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •