2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    LOL, the Pelicans aren’t going to make a trade out of spite. They will take the deal best for them - it just depends what they want out of the deal, futures or win now pieces. Raps offer is a nice middle ground. They might also have a slight out-of-conference preference considering Davis is so young and looks likely to dominate for near the next decade.

Raps have a real chance. Can’t really see how the Clips win the bidding war, personally.
    Eh Indy definitely didnt accept their deal with OKC cause they thought it was the best deal. I wouldnt necisarily call it spite, but the motivation wasnt just team building (and I think it was more than just trading out of conference). I think being the Lakers hurts in trade negotiations.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
      The knicks appeal is that if the trade happens this summer they could have the 1st overall pick and max room for Durant or someone else.
      If I was the Pelicans I'd phone up the Knicks and offer Davis for the 1st and Porzingas (and cap filler). If they don't want to part with the first, I'd tell them I'm waiting until summer to see what else is on the market. For the Knicks, getting Davis now means that they get to spend the next few months reminding everyone how they have a huge market, a bonafide superstar, and will have the cap space to sign another. Waiting until the summer means risking losing him to better offers, as well as losing out on other superstars who doubt the Knicks' ability to get Davis.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        He said he wants to go to a contender. Im sure he could threaten to be a no show if they sent him somewhere he doesnt want to go
        Just like Kawhi, if AD no-shows, he forfeits his ability to become a free agent. Prisoner of the North.... forever.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          Eh Indy definitely didnt accept their deal with OKC cause they thought it was the best deal. I wouldnt necisarily call it spite, but the motivation wasnt just team building (and I think it was more than just trading out of conference). I think being the Lakers hurts in trade negotiations.
          No kidding.

Especially, when their star player starts wining and dining the pelly's star player right before he demands a trade.

Even if we get AD this season the price is gonna be exorbitant.

We'll probably have to say "maybe next year boys" before playoffs even start. But at least we'll know Kawhi will resign.
          Last edited by c-troop; Mon Jan 28, 2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Just hope he doesnt go to lakers and lakers finish 9th for eternity

Comment

• How cool would it be if Lavar Ball ruins it for Lebron

Comment

• Man, I haven't seen this much snow in Toronto in years. And of course it's the season we have Kawhi on our team.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                  Just hope he doesnt go to lakers and lakers finish 9th for eternity
                  id rather he goes to LA then boston
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• There's one thing real here to remember, which was actually said by Davis: He wants to go to a contender. Period.

Now, I know he doesn't get to choose right away where he'll land, the Pels do, and they'll do what's best for their team, but this something to keep in mind: Whichever team acquire Davis we'll have to put forth significant assets, and if they don't remain a contender after doing so, Davis will remain unhappy and will want out of there as well.

In other words, after you gut your team to get Davis, you better still be contending afterwards, otherwise you're no better than New Orleans right now, and he'll bail.

Teams that don't have the assets to stay a contender AFTER gutting themselves to get Davis have less incentive to go after him because of that. Davis doesn't want go to a place that maaaybe will have Zion or maybe this or that. He wants to contend now, he's in his prime.

Both the Knicks & Clippers would be the New NOLA if they get Davis. Knicks would have to include (Porzingis + Pick or Knox), Clips would have to gut themselves to the core just to get NOLA to pick up the phone. The main reason they're on this conversation is because they're in NY & LA and the hype machine doesn't sleep.

Personally I think there's just about 8 or 9 teams that could give up significant assets and still contend with Davis (meaning hold on to a top 10ish player in the league + some solid role players AND add Davis:

Raptors (best fit of them all)
                    Golden State
                    Nuggets (Maybe, depending on how you see Jokic)
                    OKC
                    Portland
                    Bucks
                    Philly
                    Lakers
                    Celtics (can't do it till the summer)

(Now if someone could give reasons to eliminate everyone on this list but the Raps that would be awesome )

Any other team that tries would be the new Pelicans. Davis plus no one. They would have to convince Davis that they'll either sign another star or draft a stud to play with him some day, which NOLA itself has been trying to tell him for years, and it didn't work.

Comment

• There goes my lunch break catching up and hoping. How amazing it would be if we had a crack at making it happen.

Comment

• View this post on Instagram

��

A post shared by Bleacher Report (@bleacherreport) on

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          Well, it was three things. First, they definitely weren’t going to trade him to the Lakers. Same goes for the Pelicans here - if they think he’s trying to force his way somewhere, that’s the last place they’ll trade him. Front office types and owners have pride too. Same goes with the Kawhi deal - the Spurs asked for an insane package from the Lakers to get them to back off. So that’s one part.

Second, Indy did trade him out of conference, because they thought they’d be good within his prime. Spurs did the same thing. I expect something similar from the Pellies. Teams occasionally get bit by this approach, but there’s no sign teams will start ignoring this factor.

Third, I don’t think that Indy saw it as turning down better offers. They really liked Oladipo, and everyone (myself included) laughed at them for it but they were right. That was actually a solid return for a star rental.

Oh, right, my point. My point is that a team will do things like not trade a player where he wants to go out of spite. But no team is going to trade a player to a specific single other team (shutting out 28 teams out of spite for one team) because they are mad at the offer they got from another team. That’s crazy.
                          Last edited by DanH; Mon Jan 28, 2019, 11:42 PM.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            Pascal>ingram
                            Kuzma> OG but og is younger
                            Fvv=lonzo
                            Lakers dont have that much better of a package then us. And if im NO i try not to trade him to first 1st destination and certainly want him out of the conference. Philly could be a player if their willing to offer simmions but idk how embiid and AD would work. Didnt work out that well beside boogie who has a similar play style. I think we have a better shot then NBA pundits may think
                            No way... I rather have Lonzo, at least he can make all the passes.

Comment

• That video is too funny. 😂

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
                                View this post on Instagram

��

A post shared by Bleacher Report (@bleacherreport) on

Its funny cause its true. Lebron is the coach & GM of the Lakers and Magic is just a figurehead writing cheques at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X