• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    If I’m Nola I’m holding out for Jack Nicholson

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      You have to take any post-Kawhi considerations out of the equation. Nothing that happens is about next year. It is all about the next 28 games and playoffs.
      If it’s for AD then yes, but I don’t think Conley move the needle enough to mortgage the future for one playoff run. If Kawhi stays in fine with it but we can’t know.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        lol, Denzel too??? Demps be crazy

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          I don't know if the team has an emotional leader anymore. Kyle is pissed off at the franchise and is just playing for his professional reputation at this point. His heart is in San Antonio. Kawhi never wanted to be here and emotion isn't exactly his thing. Nurse has no presence and doesn't come across as a motivator type .... you can see it in the Open Gym episodes. 1-2-3 Raps! What kind of lame rallying cry is that? Ibaka might be the closest thing we have to an emotional leader right now.
          That a fair observation. What would be more damaging, trading him or keeping him? I can’t really say.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I'm torn on Lowry.

He came into camp with a bit of a "me against the world" attitude, all because DeRozan got traded. Not gonna lie, it rubbed me the wrong way.

Then he started the season on fucking fire, and all the previous stuff was forgotten.

Now, he's been slumping for the better part of 2 months, and his ailing back is showing no signs of improving. That's a big red flag.

I think I could be talked into a Lowry for Conley swap. But not sure why Memphis would do that.
            Memphis’s reason for doing Lowry for Conley would be money—you get off of Conley’s contract which is more money and more years than Lowry.

That’s said...I think the whole story is bullshit.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
              Memphis’s reason for doing Lowry for Conley would be money—you get off of Conley’s contract which is more money and more years than Lowry.

That’s said...I think the whole story is bullshit.
              They save just 1 year though, no? If looking strictly for a salary dump, you'd think Memphis would have more options.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                They save just 1 year though, no? If looking strictly for a salary dump, you'd think Memphis would have more options.
                That money could mean a lot to Memphis, and they might feel its easier to move off Lowry when he has one year left as well.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  But what about his impact stats?! On-off? Plus/minus? Grit? Determination?

Lowry does more to make his team win than Kyrie!
                  So you're being sarcastic here...

But you weren't being sarcastic 4 weeks ago? Got it.

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  It's weird. I think Lowry actually has a higher impact on winning games than Kawhi does.

The thing is though Lowry himself isn't like a match winner. You can't just give him the ball and tell him to go win the game for you in the clutch. But he does so many things that elevate the team as a whole that he has a massive impact on the result.

I think we had DeRozan in that match winner role, now Kawhi's in it. We're still a good team without Kyle, but to be a great team we need him.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I don't know if the team has an emotional leader anymore. Kyle is pissed off at the franchise and is just playing for his professional reputation at this point. His heart is in San Antonio. Kawhi never wanted to be here and emotion isn't exactly his thing. Nurse has no presence and doesn't come across as a motivator type .... you can see it in the Open Gym episodes. 1-2-3 Raps! What kind of lame rallying cry is that? Ibaka might be the closest thing we have to an emotional leader right now.
                    The Nurse hire was fucking terrible.

We should've at least gotten a coach who has some pedigree and can command respect. The guy is a joke.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                      That money could mean a lot to Memphis, and they might feel its easier to move off Lowry when he has one year left as well.
                      If it's a salary dump then you trade with the Pistons, say Reggie Jackson & Jon Leuer for Conley. Same contract length as Lowry saving the Grizz the 1 year, but potentially easier to move smaller contracts.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        The Nurse hire was fucking terrible.

We should've at least gotten a coach who has some pedigree and can command respect. The guy is a joke.
                        Such as?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                          Such as?
                          Abbas from Raptors Republic
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Front office has to get ahead of this. Hopefully beat writers will avoid askig lowry questipns about the rumors. With the lack of trust kyle already has in masia this has the potential to get ugly
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                              Front office has to get ahead of this. Hopefully beat writers will avoid askig lowry questipns about the rumors. With the lack of trust kyle already has in masia this has the potential to get ugly
                              Meh. Lowry's been around the block a few times and is the oldest guy on the team. It's not going to faze him.

Comment

Meh. Lowry's been around the block a few times and is the oldest guy on the team. It's not going to faze him.
                                Insert futurama "not sure if serious" meme
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X