2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
    Bucks are steamrolling everybody. They build up big early leads and do not give teams any whiff of a comeback. Can they finish 24-6 for a 65 win season? I dare say no Load Management Overload so far for Giannis or Middleton. who have sat for only 3 games each (out of 54). The addition of Mirotic gives Giannis another proven 3pt option on the wing. Very Scary...
    Tbh I'm not scared of the Bucks at all. It's like no one's learned that in the playoffs, when the sphincters tighten up like boa constrictors, the three point shooting of role players reliably fails. Houston going 0-for-50 from 3 in that close out game against GSW last year was a feature, not a bug.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
      Haven't really had a chance to post my thoughts on the deal.

I think it's a good move just because of how low risk it is. The biggest risk is that you don't get as much out of Gasol as you got with Jonas, which is possible on the offensive end, but I think the defense and the passing in particular is a huge upgrade. The one thing the Raptors didn't have on their roster until this point is a playmaking big man, Ibaka and Val are both below average passers even for their positions. This could smooth out Toronto's offense quite a bit, especially when Lowry sits.

Really they didn't give up a single great asset. Valanciunas is a good player with terrific pick and roll skills, but he's on a slight overpay contract and there's just matchups he can't really play in, and they're getting more and more common in today's NBA. There's a reason when he was healthy, Ibaka was finishing 75% of games despite arguably not being purely as good a player. Wright really wasn't going anywhere as a Raptor, it's hard to see them committing to him past the 2020 threshold of when the team's contracts all run out as a third string point guard who should earn more money than that typically calls for. Miles has sadly become a zero on both ends so trading him is just losing an expiring for (probably) committed 2019-20 money in Gasol, which is fine. That second round pick in 2024 could be pick 33 for all we know, but you throw it in if you need to get the deal done.

I think this will work well for team chemistry rather than negatively, and Gasol when he is on (like at the start of this season) is an All Star level beast. I don't think this is the massive upgrade that some outsiders will probably see it as, but I think it's a low cost slight upgrade, which you have to take at this stage.
      after all this...... nobody cares. your 2 cents....worthless and boring.

you suck.
      loser.

just kidding.

Comment

Bucks are steamrolling everybody. They build up big early leads and do not give teams any whiff of a comeback. Can they finish 24-6 for a 65 win season? I dare say no Load Management Overload so far for Giannis or Middleton. who have sat for only 3 games each (out of 54). The addition of Mirotic gives Giannis another proven 3pt option on the wing. Very Scary...
        Yeah they're pedal to the metal every game. No injuries, no resting, stick to the gameplan. It reminds me of Toronto last year. Much like the Raptors last season. I just don't see another gear here. When the games get tighter the Brogdon's and Lopez's are going to fade. I'll believe that until I see otherwise.

Comment

What IQ?
          its funny when losers on a mssage board get smug and call out an actual NBA basketball players IQ, as if you have all this information and if only everyone could see it....but that NBA guy, he's got low IQ, and we all need to understand that you clearly know more than he does.

Yeah, it alll adds up.
          We"re cool, you're clarly in a position to call out guys that have lived their role foe years...cuz hey, you used to fantasize about being in the NBA while you sat in your HIGH SCHOOL gymnasium watching the actual playeds on the team throw down lame dunks in wram ups......ooooohhhhh you were good.

But.

You arent.

And you're dumb, and have no fucking idea because you never even played the game. Because you suck. Always have, and clearly, always will.

ew.

Comment

• Its the only team Ive worried about since our first game against them but I think we can take them in a seven game series but Ill bet it will be seven probably down to the final possession. I love this game

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              its funny when losers on a mssage board get smug and call out an actual NBA basketball players IQ, as if you have all this information and if only everyone could see it....but that NBA guy, he's got low IQ, and we all need to understand that you clearly know more than he does.

Yeah, it alll adds up.
              We"re cool, you're clarly in a position to call out guys that have lived their role foe years...cuz hey, you used to fantasize about being in the NBA while you sat in your HIGH SCHOOL gymnasium watching the actual playeds on the team throw down lame dunks in wram ups......ooooohhhhh you were good.

But.

You arent.

And you're dumb, and have no fucking idea because you never even played the game. Because you suck. Always have, and clearly, always will.

ew.
              Yeah, it alll adds up (facepalm).

Pass me the shit you're taking, oh wait, no I don't want any of that. Not fun, at all. Stop watching Archer, even that white racist narcissist character is more likeable than you at this stage.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                Yeah they're pedal to the metal every game. No injuries, no resting, stick to the gameplan. It reminds me of Toronto last year. Much like the Raptors last season. I just don't see another gear here. When the games get tighter the Brogdon's and Lopez's are going to fade. I'll believe that until I see otherwise.
                Exactly. And the Raps are the new Lebron Cavs, treating the regular season like practice games, and going to flip the switch when the lights come on.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Exactly. And the Raps are the new Lebron Cavs, treating the regular season like practice games, and going to flip the switch when the lights come on.
                  We still have to prove that though.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Yeah, it alll adds up.

But.

You arent.

ew.
                    you're calling out message board posters' IQ while not making any actual argument, so where does that put you?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Can anybody stop Giannis 1-on-1 off the dribble anymore? He's more athletic than prime Lebron with the height/length of Durant.
                      And he'll get call after call to out the denfender in early foul trouble. You'll need to switch Kawhi and Siakam on him to avoid them fouling out early....I'm already extrememly frustrated at the playoff officiating lol

Comment

Yeah, it alll adds up.

But.

You arent.

ew.
                        Amongst all that's wrong with this post the part that does ring true is the internet eye roll generated by fans constantly calling players "low BBIQ" like it's something measurable beyond their personal eye test. The lowest IQ NBA player is still likely 100X the average fan (10X the average RR fan ). Same goes for an NBA coach, even the rook we have.

All part of fan forums but keep it in perspective folks .... but seriously, stop over using "BBIQ"

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          Amongst all that's wrong with this post the part that does ring true is the internet eye roll generated by fans constantly calling players "low BBIQ" like it's something measurable beyond their personal eye test. The lowest IQ NBA player is still likely 100X the average fan (10X the average RR fan ). Same goes for an NBA coach, even the rook we have.

All part of fan forums but keep it in perspective folks .... but seriously, stop over using "BBIQ"
                          My IQ is so low that I'm not sure I'm following this line of argument. When a forum poster says an NBA player like pre-2019 Bruno for example, has a low BBIQ, I'm pretty sure they're talking about that meaning "relative to other NBA players" like Marc Gasol. Where's the issue here?

Comment

• Masai went for two guys I wanted last year and got 1. What a great trade deadline.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, it alll adds up (facepalm).

Pass me the shit you're taking, oh wait, no I don't want any of that. Not fun, at all. Stop watching Archer, even that white racist narcissist character is more likeable than you at this stage.
                              I'm not sure I care bud. My post is exactly how I felt when I posted it. The internet is a great tool, but since it's inception, there has been an evolution of delusion for people that frequent messageboards. You get this feeling, this idea that because you are posting, and you can see your words, you are somehow qualified to make some serious statements about any given subject when the reality is, you can't. Most of what is here, my own stuff included, is trash, it's unqualified mental garbage. We need it in our lives I guess, it's nice to vent, but when guys use terms they hear and read online.... "close out" "Bball IQ" "motor" "3&D".....when they talk about a players Defensive awareness, whether or not he's a "system" guy, or whatever it might be, for the most part, save for a few guys here that I know are actual players from College, most of what they are saying is just garbage. Made up, regurgitated garbage.

I don't care if you like what I post. I don't.
                              A lot of my posts are boring rants on 4 Beers and a shitty 3rd quarter. Just venting.
                              Any posts about actual ball, trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Which is why I don't post a lot of um, because really, there is no point. We are all fans, spectators, that’s it. So when a guy here, starts lipping off about a players IQ, yeah, I call it out if im in the mood because what the FUCK does a guy here know about what a Professional athlete knows about Ball? How many millions of permutations are involved with how a guy, who, trust me, was a fucking GOD in High School and College before going pro, was a guy who you'd bow to at the local YMCA if he even ran with you because he might be worried about getting injured playing with scrubs, how many things have gone into where he is at any given point in his career? Why is he out of sorts? Why has he stopped doing things he did before? Family? Stress? Confidence" Reps" Why????

I can guarantee you this, it has ZERO to do with what some LittleDick on a messsageboard feels about "Basketball IQ. I played a few games with guys from Boards.... guys who knew everything....they were fucking terrible. Terrible players, terrible at reading the game, playing the game, and they were AWESOME dudes to play with. Point being..... yeah you can all talk the talk all day, but it doesn't mean a goddamned thing in the end. You're still a smug, dumb keyboard hero, with a head full of well-intentioned bullshit.

So like, or don't like what I post, I couldn't, literally, care less.

Oh, and Sterling Archer isn't even remotely racist. Narcissistic, yeah, I'll give ya that...that, is the one and only valid part of your post. Now please, just go and hit the ignore button ASAP, I really don't want you to have to endure my little doses of reality, you probably need the illusion in your life.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                you're calling out message board posters' IQ while not making any actual argument, so where does that put you?
                                At the top of the list, of course

Comment

Working...
                                X