Likes Likes:  45
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You should try to click through to the source article, because they all seem to source the same article. Legion Hoops is referencing NBC Basketball Talk and NBC is quoting Sean Deveney of the Sporting News. The Score is also quoting Deveney. And in this era of media aggregation these articles are like playing a game of telephone.

This I believe is the one source:
    http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/n...o1gsv07r57ezqp

He talks about 2 players + 2 picks, but it sounds like OG/Pascal is speculation.

So I don't buy the speculation part, just that the Wiz are asking for 2 players and 2 picks, because that's the only thing that references sources.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    You should try to click through to the source article, because they all seem to source the same article. Legion Hoops is referencing NBC Basketball Talk and NBC is quoting Sean Deveney of the Sporting News. The Score is also quoting Deveney. And in this era of media aggregation these articles are like playing a game of telephone.

This I believe is the one source:
    http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/n...o1gsv07r57ezqp

He talks about 2 players + 2 picks, but it sounds like OG/Pascal is speculation.

So I don't buy the speculation part, just that the Wiz are asking for 2 players and 2 picks, because that's the only thing that references sources.
    Homework for the win.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think everyone agrees that we should keep Pascal. The question is whether you send OG, how many picks, and who is the salary ballast. And whether whatever you come up with can get a deal done.
    What about OG, Delon(unless we can give FVV), contract fillers & a 1st & 2nd rdr?

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kawhi pascal and green are the only players can’t be traded

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote DerozansSpurs wrote: View Post
    For me, the untouchable players would be Kyle/Kawhi/Pascal/Danny.

Careful with throwing the kitchen sink at the Wizards. I like adding Bradley Beal for his scoring and shooting abilities, but he's still a one-time All-Star and isn't good defensively. He's a good player with shot creation ability, but not a difference maker on the level of someone like Kyrie Irving or Damian Lillard or Jimmy Butler.
    If I say Lowry for Conley you not jumping on that deal? Lowry can go

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote DerozansSpurs wrote: View Post
    For me, the untouchable players would be Kyle/Kawhi/Pascal/Danny.

Careful with throwing the kitchen sink at the Wizards. I like adding Bradley Beal for his scoring and shooting abilities, but he's still a one-time All-Star and isn't good defensively. He's a good player with shot creation ability, but not a difference maker on the level of someone like Kyrie Irving or Damian Lillard or Jimmy Butler.
    Quote can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post
    Raptors are usually so tight-lipped about things that the amount of detail released here is interesting. I think they did that on purpose to show how high the price for Beal is to scare away other suitors. I doubt Masai backs away from any talks
    They want the wiz to come back to the table

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Kawhi pascal and green are the only players can’t be traded
    Why Green? Is it because he has chemistry with Kawhi? Or is it because he's having a good season from an analytical point of view? I mean he's still just a role player. Might get you 6 points and some solid defense. But he's also been struggling lately too.

If the target is Beal I don't include Green.. but would have if Butler was coming here. To me the only untouchables are Kawhi and Kyle (this season).

I'd consider Pascal but only under very specific situations. Like if Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant were coming here lol

8. Likes MixxAOR liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    If I say Lowry for Conley you not jumping on that deal? Lowry can go
    Nah.. Conley is even more unreliable than Lowry is. Plus he has a way worse contract.

10. Likes Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
    What about OG, Delon(unless we can give FVV), contract fillers & a 1st & 2nd rdr?
    The problem is that the "contract fillers" end up having to be either one of JV or Serge, or both of Norm and CJ. Those are the numbers that make it work, and then we're shipping out three or four guys and the Wiz have to find room for bodies. Plus all the picks the Wiz (correctly) deem Beal to be worth, because he's got the only movable contract on the team.

I honestly don't think Beal is doable given the current numbers and the Raptors' needs. Either we sacrifice almost all of our size (and we already don't have enough, and you know that because Greg Monroe is getting serious minutes these days) or we somehow manage to make our bench demonstrably worse to make our starting unit better, and our starting unit is already rock solid - I don't see much of an argument for upgrading over Danny, honestly. Unless Masai can pull off a trade that makes the Carmelo trade look simple in comparison, I don't see how we get Beal without sacrificing too much of the team to make it worthwhile.

We need quality bench guys who can shoot the three and make plays more than we need to upgrade the starters further. This is why I like the Jeremy Lin idea. CJ + Delon or Norm + Malachi make it work, probably add a second rounder to give it some juice. Lin is shooting the three at nearly 38% and he's an excellent playmaker. Defense isn't great, but he makes up for it on the other end, which is what we need right now. Plus we could probably manage to snag Vince Carter in the deal, and I'm not saying that because OMG VINCE but because Carter can also make plays, shoot the three and play passable defense while providing veteran presence on what will be his last, best chance to get a ring.

12. Likes suspenders liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Saw terrence ross listed as a rental guy on the block as a pending ufa..any interest in kicking tires there? Hes had a great season in Orlando, shooting 39% from 3 on 6 attempts a game, we could definitely find room for him on the bench just for this playoff drive
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

15. Likes DanH liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Saw terrence ross listed as a rental guy on the block as a pending ufa..any interest in kicking tires there? Hes had a great season in Orlando, shooting 39% from 3 on 6 attempts a game, we could definitely find room for him on the bench just for this playoff drive
    CJ + FVV for T-Ross + DJ Augustin works.

Who says no? Them, probably.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Nah.. Conley is even more unreliable than Lowry is. Plus he has a way worse contract.
    And lots of injuries.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like the signing alot, tons of potential here for the future and should help keep cj on the bench for this year.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Day One wrote: View Post
    I like the signing alot, tons of potential here for the future and should help keep cj on the bench for this year.
    Opps lol thought this was the woj post about us signing pat.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I distinctly remember him shitting the bed in each of the playoffs he played with the Raptors. I'd pass.

21. Likes Scraptor liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Ball wrote: View Post
    I distinctly remember him shitting the bed in each of the playoffs he played with the Raptors. I'd pass.
    TRoss is not consistent. I still think if we are not making a major move then Ellington is the situational shooter you want to target.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TRoss is not consistent. I still think if we are not making a major move then Ellington is the situational shooter you want to target.
    I kind of cringe at quick summaries like that. "Not consistent" is thrown as much as "clutch/big game player" or "intense/will to win" type of platitudes. Usually they should all be filed under the "eye test" scouting reports.

3 point shooters by and large are all streaky. That's just the nature of the beast. Hitters are streaky in baseball. Scorers are streaky in hockey. Is one player consistently more streaky than another? Perhaps...perhaps not
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

24. Likes 3inthekeon, Just Is liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    CJ + FVV for T-Ross + DJ Augustin works.

Who says no? Them, probably.
    No.... Nothing changed from yesterday.

Miles for Ross they say no.
    FVV for DJ we say no.

Even FVV for Ross I still think no from Raps side.

Lots of no’s

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From Zach Harper piece at the Athletic on the Top 5 P'n'R creators this year:

5. Terrence Ross, Orlando Magic — 109.7 points per 100 PnR possessions (154 poss.)
    What he’s doing: Terrence Ross is probably having the best season of a still pretty young career. The problem is the Orlando Magic becoming pumpkins at the stroke of December midnight has made it difficult to pay attention to anything happening in Central Florida. However, Ross has been pretty phenomenal as a scoring option on a team that is devoid of good scoring. In fact, Ross has been so trustworthy on that team that they often go to him for clutch scoring opportunities over Nikola Vucevic and Evan Fournier. Or at least, they do it enough that you could call him a primary weapon at the end of games. Clifford trusts Ross to get off a good shot.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information