No announcement yet.

2018-19 Trade Rumours and Discussion - Deadline February 7th 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masai is in a bind. The assets required to make a trade that will actually move the needle are some of the same assets that he’d want to have around if Kawhi leaves in the summer. Otherwise, it’s a no-brainer to trade anyone not named Leonard or Green in a bid for the Finals this year. But if you don’t know that Kawhi is leaning toward staying in Toronto, it would be a bitter pill to swallow to give up any of OG, Pascal, or Delon (young, cheap, and still developing) right now.

That said, Beal might be the only one worth that kind of risk. He’s also still young, controllable for a couple of years, and would make a big difference in the Raps starting lineup.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
      Masai is in a bind. The assets required to make a trade that will actually move the needle are some of the same assets that he’d want to have around if Kawhi leaves in the summer. Otherwise, it’s a no-brainer to trade anyone not named Leonard or Green in a bid for the Finals this year. But if you don’t know that Kawhi is leaning toward staying in Toronto, it would be a bitter pill to swallow to give up any of OG, Pascal, or Delon (young, cheap, and still developing) right now.

That said, Beal might be the only one worth that kind of risk. He’s also still young, controllable for a couple of years, and would make a big difference in the Raps starting lineup.
      I have no problems giving up BOTH OG and Delon in a Beal package. The issue is Siakam, he provides arguably more value to us right now and in the long-term than Beal would.

I'd basically be willing to do any deal with Washington where the following conditions are satisfied:

- Lowry, Kawhi, Green and Siakam are retained
      - At least one of Ibaka or JV is retained
      - We do not give up any 1st round picks later than 2021. (i.e. just one future 1st)

Comment

You keep Siakam. You don't trade every promising asset to get slightly better in the short term, especially with the uncertainty around Kawhi's free agency. Siakam improved significantly in a short amount of time, I'd say he can quite easily become a better player than Beal in the future. He is a unique modern NBA player. He is tall, has length, can handle the ball, quicker than most big men, improving his jump shot and a great ability to finish around the rim.

Comment

The thing is why does Washington trade Beal? He’s young and on a good contract. They should be trying to trade wall and fire the GM.

If I’m Washington I look to trade Beal this summer after all the free agents sign where they sign and Anthony David accepts/rejects the super max. From there maybe they can trade him for Celtics picks or lakers prospects if they don’t get AD.

Now if Beal demands a trade and doesn’t want to play in Washington anymore, then a package involving serge, OG and Delon becomes more viable in my opinion.

Comment

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post

Raptors are usually so tight-lipped about things that the amount of detail released here is interesting. I think they did that on purpose to show how high the price for Beal is to scare away other suitors. I doubt Masai backs away from any talks

Comment

I think one of the reasons Kawhi would resign is because of the versatility of our youth going forward. The last thing, I think, you want to do is trade some of them away. That's what allows our versatility in 2020 to sign a big name star. I wouldn't want to compromise that or a rebuild if he doesn't resign. I think tweaking is the better route, rather than a full out gutting for a star (unless Giannis or Davis comes available)

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post

sounds like whoever "LegionHoops" is just using our forum as a "source" lol

Comment

Shredder wrote: View Post
                    I think one of the reasons Kawhi would resign is because of the versatility of our youth going forward. The last thing, I think, you want to do is trade some of them away. That's what allows our versatility in 2020 to sign a big name star. I wouldn't want to compromise that or a rebuild if he doesn't resign. I think tweaking is the better route, rather than a full out gutting for a star (unless Giannis or Davis comes available)
                    I think everyone agrees that we should keep Pascal. The question is whether you send OG, how many picks, and who is the salary ballast. And whether whatever you come up with can get a deal done.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                      sounds like whoever "LegionHoops" is just using our forum as a "source" lol

There are plenty of sources.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1692519

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ards-price-tag

Comment

You should try to click through to the source article, because they all seem to source the same article. Legion Hoops is referencing NBC Basketball Talk and NBC is quoting Sean Deveney of the Sporting News. The Score is also quoting Deveney. And in this era of media aggregation these articles are like playing a game of telephone.

This I believe is the one source:
                        http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/n...o1gsv07r57ezqp

He talks about 2 players + 2 picks, but it sounds like OG/Pascal is speculation.

So I don't buy the speculation part, just that the Wiz are asking for 2 players and 2 picks, because that's the only thing that references sources.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          You should try to click through to the source article, because they all seem to source the same article. Legion Hoops is referencing NBC Basketball Talk and NBC is quoting Sean Deveney of the Sporting News. The Score is also quoting Deveney. And in this era of media aggregation these articles are like playing a game of telephone.

This I believe is the one source:
                          http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/n...o1gsv07r57ezqp

He talks about 2 players + 2 picks, but it sounds like OG/Pascal is speculation.

So I don't buy the speculation part, just that the Wiz are asking for 2 players and 2 picks, because that's the only thing that references sources.
                          Homework for the win.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            I think everyone agrees that we should keep Pascal. The question is whether you send OG, how many picks, and who is the salary ballast. And whether whatever you come up with can get a deal done.
                            What about OG, Delon(unless we can give FVV), contract fillers & a 1st & 2nd rdr?

Comment

Kawhi pascal and green are the only players can’t be traded

Comment

DerozansSpurs wrote: View Post
                                For me, the untouchable players would be Kyle/Kawhi/Pascal/Danny.

Careful with throwing the kitchen sink at the Wizards. I like adding Bradley Beal for his scoring and shooting abilities, but he's still a one-time All-Star and isn't good defensively. He's a good player with shot creation ability, but not a difference maker on the level of someone like Kyrie Irving or Damian Lillard or Jimmy Butler.
                                If I say Lowry for Conley you not jumping on that deal? Lowry can go

Comment

Working...
                                X