Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #41 Raptors (28-12) @ Buck (26-10) NBA TV SN1 830 (Toronto) 730 (Winnipeg) 630 (Calgary) 530 (Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Yeah...we’re still a top team and don’t need to be running around like chickens with our heads cut off, trying to trade every single person on the team, thinking everything that formerly worked so well is irreparably broken...
    You mean we've all been wasting our time the last week???

Comment

• One thing this game proved to me and I'm glad to see is when Fred is used CORRECTLY (as a floor spacer/secondary ball handler) he is still very good and is the player we had last year. So everyone can chill. Stop or at least cut down on Fred running the pick and roll and we're good. Even though he has improved at finding Ibaka for those mid range shots as of late. But that's about the only thing he's improved at in terms of the pick and roll.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        ...So everyone can chill. Stop or at least cut down on Fred running the pick and roll and we're good. Even though he has improved at finding Ibaka for those mid range shots as of late. But that's about the only thing he's improved at in terms of the pick and roll.
        This is kind of key. He only has to improve his decision making, and the timing of his passes to improve immensely on terms of results. High variance in the performance of any task when people are operating at the elite level of NBA basketball players, given the amount of effort and practice they have put into their careers to this point, is frequently an indication that they are close to getting it right, but haven't quite made the step. Siakim is a case in point. We often see players seemingly come out of nowhere.

Fred still has the opportunity to be a great player if he recognizes his strengths and plays within his limits. I am certain Nurse has been pushing him to venture out into unknown territory a little too much... but it may have payoffs down the road. Half a season to go to find out the answer to that one.

Comment

One thing this game proved to me and I'm glad to see is when Fred is used CORRECTLY (as a floor spacer/secondary ball handler) he is still very good and is the player we had last year. So everyone can chill. Stop or at least cut down on Fred running the pick and roll and we're good. Even though he has improved at finding Ibaka for those mid range shots as of late. But that's about the only thing he's improved at in terms of the pick and roll.
          That narrative is dumb because he did run pick and roll with Ibaka.... to perfection. Like a PG should. Nurse made him stop doing the initial penetration freelance BS, because he has no ability to take guys off the dribble or create advantage. That was just wasting a shit-ton of time and is really the main thing he needs to stop. Otherwise, props to FVV for running the team exactly like a PG should - not only as an off-ball floor spacer. Nurse added more structure/discipline to the offense, like I've been saying, and Fred got the team into a few actual sets. That's what really changed last night.
          Last edited by golden; Sun Jan 6, 2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• giannis literally travels on every drive.

glad to see the bounce back.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              That narrative is dumb because he did run pick and roll with Ibaka.... to perfection. Like a PG should. Nurse made him stop doing the initial penetration freelance BS, because he has no ability to take guys off the dribble or create advantage. That was just wasting a shit-ton of time and is really the main thing he needs to stop. Otherwise, props to FVV for running the team exactly like a PG should - not only as an off-ball floor spacer. Nurse added more structure/discipline to the offense, like I've been saying, and Fred got the team into a few actual sets. That's what really changed last night.
              Let's see if he can run the pick and roll when he's coming off the bench with JV. Serge is a pick and pop guy which makes it a bit easier for Fred. The pick and roll guys are who he's really bad at finding. Hopefully he improves that too
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Let's see if he can run the pick and roll when he's coming off the bench with JV. Serge is a pick and pop guy which makes it a bit easier for Fred. The pick and roll guys are who he's really bad at finding. Hopefully he improves that too
                The idea that FVV is not a PG and needs to play off-ball all the time is some dumb narrative that people on this site eat up anything that DanH spews. When FVV closed games last year, it was Lowry who went off-ball as the SG. FVV basically needs to play like Jose Calderon, who couldn't take me off the dribble but he could run a mean PnR and was a dead-eye shooter from 3. Is there anybody who wouldn't call Jose a PG? Second greatest PG in team history, no? FVV needs to model that.

The issue is that Nurse wants to be more 'unpredictable' rather than run a lot of traditional PnR stuff in preparation for the playoffs. That's still a good idea, because you could see how the Raps blew up Bud's vaunted "system" when we locked in defensively, and they relied on Giannis going supernova or else it would have been a blowout. That was playoff basketball last night.
                Last edited by golden; Sun Jan 6, 2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  The idea that FVV is not a PG and needs to play off-ball all the time is some dumb narrative that people on this site eat up anything that DanH spews. When FVV closed games last year, it was Lowry who went off-ball as the SG. FVV basically needs to play like Jose Calderon, who couldn't take me off the dribble but he could run a mean PnR and was a dead-eye shooter from 3. Is there anybody who wouldn't call Jose a PG? Second greatest PG in team history, no? FVV needs to model that.

The issue is that Nurse wants to be more 'unpredictable' rather than run a lot of traditional PnR stuff in preparation for the playoffs. That's still a good idea, because you could see how the Raps blew up Bud's vaunted "system" when we locked in defensively, and they relied on Giannis going supernova or else it would have been a blowout. That was playoff basketball last night.
                  Yep, people seem to have just conveniently forgotten this because they've been told to by the guy you mentioned. FVV didn't even play off-ball when he was on the court with Delon, who isn't at his best off-ball.

Comment

• Comment

• GSW/SAC game had 41 TRIPLES
                      Welcome to a record most boring play in sports nominee ....

Comment

• Comment

• lol wtf

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            That was a great game. The back and forth.. energy from the crowd. Both teams wanted it badly.

Fred found his Kyle hat and put it on. Was great at getting guys good shots. Ibaka especially. Just nice mid range shots that Ibaka likes. All the starters were great. Defense was fantastic. Covered the 3pt line as well as they could. And finally made their shots!

I don't care that the bench didn't produce. This is what I expect to happen in the playoffs. Our starters get big minutes and produce big in those minutes. Our bench play a handful to give some guys rest.. but that's it.

Was totally feeling dread though. Bucks up early and were taking it to the Raptors in that 2nd quarter when the bench was out there. And that 3 by Giannis to go up by 1 in the 4th.. ugh.

But man we dug in there and won it. Kawhi, Siakam and Fred were all great in this one.

I feel like I did after that second Warriors win at Oracle.
                            Spot on...Season is a marathon not a sprint and there are flat spots for players over the 82 game regular season.
                            OG is in a flat spot..he will emerge.

Still think Ujiri makes a move for one more depth shooter if Miles can’t find the range.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• When this team plays Raptor D no one can beat us.

Mentioned 2014 since 4 starters got 20+ I wonder when the last time all five starters shot at least 50%?

Comment

• Ugh, totally missed a great playoff like game live last night but was able to watch the shorter version recap.

I remembered that recent game against Utah when Siakam hit 3 consecutive three pointers in a row and one from Fred, that was the game changer. Same is true last night, both players made their shots and I thought that was the difference, though Danny finally reverted back to his best old self by getting his as well.

Bench was bad. Unless there is a move in the offing...I would like Nurse to try a little bit of Boucher as his Siakam (last season) to share minutes with OG and Norm especially when JV is back.

Maybe he can play the role of Siakam and Miles combo like last season with a bit more athleticism and three point shooting combined.

As far as trade...Pascal has proven that his appreciating value is already a main piece to a trade. So if we ever let go of him, it has to be a Superstar like Anthony Davis. Pascal plus Serge, OG and another young guy (Fred or Wright) with future picks IMO is reasonable.

Why Masai is very hesitant to include him in acquiring Beal. I am wondering however who is the main salary filler to match Beal’s.

Comment

Working...
                                X