Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are we overvaluing OG as a prospect?

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Huge wingspan. Something like 7-3.
    Humm maybe itís his foot work

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Humm maybe it’s his foot work
    Or maybe you're just wrong and need to chill. The boy is 21 in his second year, he'll be just fine. It should only be a worry or a problem for people who thought he would be an all star or superstar player like Kawhi. He is most likely not going to be that and that should have never been the expectation. A solid 3 and D guy who can play the 3 and the 4 and maybe even become a consistent starter on a good team in this league is good enough for me. Now if you can get an all star in a package for him go ahead but other than that I wouldn't give up on him that easily. Especially knowing how good our development team is.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

3. Likes KeonClark, Just Is liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Or maybe you're just wrong and need to chill. The boy is 21 in his second year, he'll be just fine. It should only be a worry or a problem for people who thought he would be an all star or superstar player like Kawhi. He is most likely not going to be that and that should have never been the expectation. A solid 3 and D guy who can play the 3 and the 4 and maybe even become a consistent starter on a good team in this league is good enough for me. Now if you can get an all star in a package for him go ahead but other than that I wouldn't give up on him that easily. Especially knowing how good our development team is.
    Maybe you are right right now he is playing out of his comfort zone. That much is clear

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He needs a offseason off ball handling and foot work.

6. Likes Demographic Shift liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm not sure who I was hoping OG would be, but I'd be happy if he ends up as a really good or better version of Bruce Bowen. Solid defender, good spot of 3pt shooter with the ability to start and come off the bench.

As others have mentioned he may not be reaching expectations this season due to his father passing away, and being in and out of the line-up, but playing along side Kawhi has also hurt/slowed down his development imo.

Raptors Republic Superstar SkywalkerAC's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Massive role-player potential already getting rotation minutes on a contender as a sophomore. Looks fine to me.

9. Likes KeonClark, Demographic Shift, slaw liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure who I was hoping OG would be, but I'd be happy if he ends up as a really good or better version of Bruce Bowen. Solid defender, good spot of 3pt shooter with the ability to start and come off the bench.

As others have mentioned he may not be reaching expectations this season due to his father passing away, and being in and out of the line-up, but playing along side Kawhi has also hurt/slowed down his development imo.
    Not sure yet what OG is going to be... Its just his second year...

His first year was played with a slight bit of hesitancy due to recovery from the ACL.
    Second year with a clean bill of health started really really well and then he had his father pass away... He is the youngest. Its hard for the youngest.

He checks the boxes Ujiri hunts for .. solid character, great athlete, dedicated and focused work ethic, length and can he can play multiple positions.

Players develop at varying rates....

OG isn't going anywhere.

11. Likes Shredder, slaw liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Hotshot's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He is 21 years old, that recently lost his father and is playing on a 2nd unit which has been dysfunctional all season long.

OG is still a great prospect, lets not forget Siakam is 3 years older & had a disappointing playoffs last season (which some of you already panicked & written him off).

13. Likes Zainab liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information