Likes Likes:  92
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Game #42 Pacers (26-12) @ Raptors (29-12) Sunday January 6th 2019 SN1 900(St Johns) 830(Halifax) 730(Toronto) 630(Winnipeg) 530(Calgary) 430(Vancouver)

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    GTFO. Nobody of importance on the Bucks, Giannis included played more than 20 minutes the night before due to the massive blowout. They were fresh as daisies. Take your asterisk and blow it out your
    Exactly. And they definitely didn't play like a group of guys who were tired that's for sure. Most of them are young enough players anyway, they can handle back to backs.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    GTFO. Nobody of importance on the Bucks, Giannis included played more than 20 minutes the night before due to the massive blowout. They were fresh as daisies. Take your asterisk and blow it out your
    Goldblum, Fury is the same guy who treats every Raps loss like the end of the world. You know his schtick by now....

3. Likes KeonClark, A.I liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Fury wrote: View Post
    What message? that they beat a tired Milwaukee team playing in the 2nd game of a back to back? that they needed Siakam's career high and all of Kawhi's 38 mins to do it?
    Tired? lol. Giannis played 19 minutes vs. the Hawks, which means he had a perfect tune-up practice the day before. Giannis played 40 last night.

The message sent to the *ucks was pretty clear: We can beat you on your homecourt, even without any semblance of a bench whatsoever. And that depth problem is going to be fixed when JV/Lowry get back. If Lowry did't score zero points and Kawhi played the first game in Milwaukee, we could be up 3-0 in the season series. TBH, if I was the Bucks I trade some of their depth for another star.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Tired? lol. Giannis played 19 minutes vs. the Hawks, which means he had a perfect tune-up practice the day before. Giannis played 40 last night.

The message sent to the *ucks was pretty clear: We can beat you on your homecourt, even without any semblance of a bench whatsoever. And that depth problem is going to be fixed when JV/Lowry get back. If Lowry did't score zero points and Kawhi played the first game in Milwaukee, we could be up 3-0 in the season series. TBH, if I was the Bucks I trade some of their depth for another star.
    Agreed. Our bench did literally nothing like actually nothing and we still won WITHOUT Kyle and JV on the road lol. We also showed we can defend them. We defended the 3 perfectly. It seemed like they didn't take as many 3's as they usually would and that's probably the best way to stop their 3s, take them away completely. Because as long as they're taking them they're probably gonna shoot a high percentage.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

6. Likes Zainab liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A little bit disappointing that Kawhi still isnt playing b2b. This game could prove crucial down the stretch..
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Raptors Republic Veteran Zainab's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hate to be a negative nancy buttttt dont see a W tonight

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is unreasonable how much the raptors playing well affects my mood the next day

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

be prepared for tonight

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Agreed. Our bench did literally nothing like actually nothing and we still won WITHOUT Kyle and JV on the road lol. We also showed we can defend them. We defended the 3 perfectly. It seemed like they didn't take as many 3's as they usually would and that's probably the best way to stop their 3s, take them away completely. Because as long as they're taking them they're probably gonna shoot a high percentage.
    On the flip side, Giannis is scary AF. You know, watching the game it feels like we slowed him down a lot, but then I look at the boxscore and see he's 'quietly' putting up almost a: 45/20/5. Sheesh.

12. Likes Raptor Jesus liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    On the flip side, Giannis is scary AF. You know, watching the game it feels like we slowed him down a lot, but then I look at the boxscore and see he's 'quietly' putting up almost a: 45/20/5. Sheesh.
    Right! And we definitely guarded him as best as you could. He did get a lot of his point against our bench though. OG couldn't handle him and kept fouling him.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Turner is questionable, so that balances the scales slightly.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Fury wrote: View Post
    It's almost february and Kawhi still can't play in back to back games?

Raps are basically giving this game away. The Pacers are just 1 game back in the standings.
    Wait, I thought it was still January 6th wth .... Nurse has been quoted as saying that Kawhi's resting on back to backs was coming to an end and I actually thought there was a good chance that it would have ended today, first back to back of the new year. But here we are....gonna be a tough W to snag without him
    Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Jan 6th, 2019 at 04:32 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Game Day
    Game DAY
    GAME DAY!
    Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Jan 6th, 2019 at 04:32 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    A little bit disappointing that Kawhi still isnt playing b2b. This game could prove crucial down the stretch..
    The only thing that concerns me here is if this is not a medical decision. Nurse seemed to signal repeatedly that Kawhi would be ready to go. To my knowledge Kawhi has not said he feels any lingering pain or soreness. I hope this is the medical team or Masai overruling Nurse and not someone like Kawhi's agent/uncle.

We have 5 more B2Bs by my count... really want to snag home court for the playoffs so they could end up being meaningful.

Edit: didn't realize this was our 4th game in 6 nights. That is a lot. This probably really is preventative measures and nothing beyond that.
    Last edited by Scraptor; Sun Jan 6th, 2019 at 05:08 PM.

18. Likes KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Maury's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hope Kyle doesnít play either. Take one more game. Itís only one game and if we lose Indy has another game on Philly and Boston.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    The only thing that concerns me here is if this is not a medical decision. Nurse seemed to signal repeatedly that Kawhi would be ready to go. To my knowledge Kawhi has not said he feels any lingering pain or soreness. I hope this is the medical team or Masai overruling Nurse and not someone like Kawhi's agent/uncle.

We have 5 more B2Bs by my count... really want to snag home court for the playoffs so they could end up being meaningful.
    With Kawhi & Danny Green, for some reason I don't feel like home-court is as important as in past years. Having said that, home court really helped us get off to a great start in so many playoff series in the past........ oh wait.

Raptors Republic Starter Yuri Gagarin's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Arent we unbeaten on 2nd games of b2bs?

Fury if that wasnt a satisfying win why do you even watch games? Sad, seems youd be really really upset if this team won a championship. Have fun being a crusty fool

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    The one good thing for Toronto is that the Raps have a nice, easy schedule to finish out the season after the all-star break with only one back-to-back and lots of rest days. Just have to stay solid the next few weeks.

EDIT: For example, Toronto now has the highest strength of schedule for all of the Eastern contenders. Indy is second last in the NBA and Boston and Philly are close to them.
    Last edited by slaw; Sun Jan 6th, 2019 at 05:38 PM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MixxAOR's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OG is probably going to start and have a good game.
    First Team All Nonsense

Raptors Republic Superstar The Claw Reborn's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Do you really think that's how it works?
    Why the fuck not. It took close to a decade with a shitload of patience for this franchise to showcase no.10 your fav player, reason they netted a legit Superstar dude with a sure bet 2 way player as a SG to boot for you to cheer.

Ujiri may have a different approach when it comes to OG. All dependent on how he values the young prospect.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information