Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #43 Hawks (12-27) @ Raptors (30-12) Tuesday January 8th 2019. TSN 230 am(Vilnius, Lithuania) 900pm(St Johns) 830pm(Halifax) 730pm(Toronto) 630pm(Winnipeg) 530pm(Calgary) 430pm(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    ...Another ugly win you take and move on but there's lots of room for improvement
    Yeah. Gotta take that as a positive. Certainly provides a glimpse of what consistency could lead to. The Raptors might have the highest ceiling for improvement in the league at this point. 39 games to get the kinks out before total domination.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Starting FVV over Powell almost cost us this game. Nurse's infatuation and unconditional love for Freddy is starting to get annoying. He's a backup PG, but Nurse uses every possible opportunity to plug him into the starting lineup. The only reason the game was close was because FVV and Lowry got torched repeatedly by Lin and Young. Embarassing. At least Norm brings some defense to the backcourt and he deserved the start based on his recent play. Instead, you force Norm to play with Wright on a weaker second unit and he goes out of rhythm. And you also kill the defensive momentum that the team had going the last 2 games. Raps brass must be seriously looking at trading Lowry in the off-season, because the development of FVV seems like a really high priority. Either that, or Nurse is just madly in love with FVV's game.
      Interesting point about them grooming Fred as Kyle’s fuure replacement. Hopefully its the flip side, they are trying to showcase him before the deadline.

Comment

• Kawhi top 5 in scoring and top 6 in steals overall, just exciting what he can bring to this team come playoffs.

He is getting healthier and healthier, watch out.

Comment

• Nurse has proven that his zone defense is a momentum breaker for opposing teams this season.

Well done.

Comment

• Kawhi's slight change in pace is crazy to watch. He can go from jog, to sprint, in one step and the defences can't stop it. It's so subtle that I think thats why he looks like he's not trying and defences just let him score.

Comment

• https://ca.nba.com/news/toronto-rapt...z1efen4up05d66

Over 12 matchups (both regular season and playoffs) against Golden State since the 2014-15 season, Leonard has averaged a solid 20.1 points, 6.9 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 2.1 steals per game.

He's had mostly all good games, with only one or two bad games. His best game (excluding the 24 minutes he played in Game 1 of the WCF) came on opening night of the 2016-17 season where he spoiled Kevin Durant's Warriors debut in a blowout win at Oracle Arena.

Leonard torched Golden State for 35 points on 10-for-21 shooting from the field. He attacked the rim relentlessly, resulting in 15 free throw attempts, in which he sunk all 15. He had five rebounds, five steals, three assists and finished plus-14 in a game that the Spurs won 129-100.
              His presence can cause some concerns in the playoffs for the most elite teams.

We never had this since the Vince Carter playoffs.

Comment

• So that was an ugly game. I don't understand why Nurse plays Fred as often as he does. He must be doing something right in practice.

Either way.. this was a great clutch win. And those things matter too even though it was the Hawks. A blow out can't prepare you for the playoffs.. but winning close games that go down to the wire can.

I thought OG was great defensively. His awareness was much better when playing with the starters. Would have liked to see him start over Fred with Green out. But c'est la vie.

And I mean what can you say about Kawhi. He's just so damn good.

I mean this gif doesn't show the steal, but he's the sole reason why we we won in the clutch:

Comment

• The past and the present

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    So that was an ugly game. I don't understand why Nurse plays Fred as often as he does. He must be doing something right in practice.

Either way.. this was a great clutch win. And those things matter too even though it was the Hawks. A blow out can't prepare you for the playoffs.. but winning close games that go down to the wire can.

I thought OG was great defensively. His awareness was much better when playing with the starters. Would have liked to see him start over Fred with Green out. But c'est la vie.

And I mean what can you say about Kawhi. He's just so damn good.

I mean this gif doesn't show the steal, but he's the sole reason why we we won in the clutch:

Best part of that gif is Lowry dropping Collins like Scott Stevens back in the day. lmao.

And who knows what Nurse is seeing in FVV, beyond just being a replacement level backup PG. Maybe Nurse was that smart, scrappy underdog when he played and he's got a soft spot for those type of guys. Only problem is when FVV's development forces us to play Kawhi and Lowry hard extended minutes when they should be resting in garbage time.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Can someone tell me why Nick Nurse is in love with FVV. Like someone else said previously he takes any opportunity to give him more minutes. FVV is a backup PG he's not an all star.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                      He doesn't turn the ball over. He doesn't make mental mistakes on defense. He gives consistent effort and production. You can trust him not to fuck things up. That's why he plays over Wright and Powell. They make too many mistakes, are too inconsistent and fuck things up too often.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        He doesn't turn the ball over. He doesn't make mental mistakes on defense. He gives consistent effort and production. You can trust him not to fuck things up. That's why he plays over Wright and Powell. They make too many mistakes, are too inconsistent and fuck things up too often.
                        TBH, the high BBIQ he displayed last has visibly slipped this year. C'mon, let's be honest. And the defense isn't consistent, like last night - it was just bad.
                        Last edited by golden; Wed Jan 9, 2019, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Site is fucked..I'm trying to tell golden hes wrong again, and its hard to do so.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

TBH, the high BBIQ he displayed last has visibly slipped this year. C'mon, let's be honest. And the defense isn't consistent, like last night - it was just bad.
                            Basketball IQ doesn't go down. He had as many turnovers last night than he had in his last 4 games combined but it was a team-wide issue that was clearly a result of a let down after the big weekend. We get it, you don't think he's a very good player but clearly your opinion is not shared by the organization.

Comment

You’re judging it off of a game where the Raptors played down to their opponents? Everyone made mistakes they normally don’t.

FVV has had an up and down year, he did get injured, but I’d say he has earned minutes with his play recently.

Comment

• He’s also shooting 36% from 3 which isn’t bad considering the cold streak he had at the beginning of the season.
                                To me if your back up point guard can play hard shoot above 35% from deep and not turn it over that much it’s a decent get at under $10 mill. It’s not like Delon is playing super.

Comment

Working...
                                X