Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #43 Hawks (12-27) @ Raptors (30-12) Tuesday January 8th 2019. TSN 230 am(Vilnius, Lithuania) 900pm(St Johns) 830pm(Halifax) 730pm(Toronto) 630pm(Winnipeg) 530pm(Calgary) 430pm(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    The funny thing is that nobody is mentioning that Kawhi followed Kyle's lead and body checked Lin to the ground leaving Ibaka open for the dunk
    The bash brothers

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• [QUOTE=DanH;891903]But we already have a guy who should be handling the ball with the bench in PnR. His name is Delon Wright....QUOTE]

I like Wright but he's invisible half the time, even in games where he plays well. He's not assertive or productive enough to play anything more than a bit role.

Comment

• [QUOTE=slaw;891925]
        DanH wrote: View Post
        But we already have a guy who should be handling the ball with the bench in PnR. His name is Delon Wright....QUOTE]

I like Wright but he's invisible half the time, even in games where he plays well. He's not assertive or productive enough to play anything more than a bit role.

Delon Wright insurance....
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jan 9, 2019, 06:13 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• I forgot to mention, Trae Young is not very smart. Clutch situation and the guy really tried to go 1 on 1 against the best defender of this generation? he had no chance lol.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• [QUOTE=Demographic Shift;891931]
            slaw wrote: View Post

[IMG] [/IMG]
            Played 30 odd games for G State? Owns 2 rings and an award for best actor in a supporting role

Comment

• [QUOTE=G__Deane;892008]
              Demographic Shift wrote:

Played 30 odd games for G State? Owns 2 rings and an award for best actor in a supporting role
              Started 30 games for GSW. Played 128.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                Wright's been invisible because they've had him off ball a LOT. His assist rate, usage rate, percentage of baskets at the rim, free throws - all down from last season. Needs to be in attack mode a lot more, and with him floating on the perimeter, he's not getting the chances (or being forced into those chances, whichever works) to do that attacking consistently. And this is all compared to himself from last year, it's not some fundamental flaw in his game, it's how he's being used this year compared to last.

Now, I don't disagree that Wright needs to do a better job when he does get to initiate the offence. He does. But we've seen that he can be more effective than this and there's no reason to believe he can't at the least return to that level of effectiveness as a creator. Ideally sharing the primary bench creation responsibility with Siakam or one of the stars.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I think Wright just needs a consistant rotation and direction. Yes his assertiveness needs a big boost thats my only qualm. He shoots at a good rate decent to/ass ratio, gets some rebs and most importantly especially come playoff time he gets his arms out in the passing lanes for steals especially at crunch time. He will come through in the playoffs

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                    I think Wright just needs a consistant rotation and direction. Yes his assertiveness needs a big boost thats my only qualm. He shoots at a good rate decent to/ass ratio, gets some rebs and most importantly especially come playoff time he gets his arms out in the passing lanes for steals especially at crunch time. He will come through in the playoffs
                    Not really. Per CTG, Delon's eFG% is in the 20th percentile among combo guards. Percentiles - Rim 20th(52%), Mid-range 9th(29%), non-corner 3's 16th(29%). Those are awful numbers.

The only area he's above average this year are corner 3's - 47%/65th percentile, but he's only taken 17 shots from the corners.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Not really. Per CTG, Delon's eFG% is in the 20th percentile among combo guards. Percentiles - Rim 20th(52%), Mid-range 9th(29%), non-corner 3's 16th(29%). Those are awful numbers.

The only area he's above average this year are corner 3's - 47%/65th percentile, but he's only taken 17 shots from the corners.
                      This years fukd for everyone. Last year fg%47 3fg%37 is more true imo. He has a good stroke from what I see. he needs one more shooter to play with not named Miles and itll go a long way

Comment

Working...
                      X