Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #43 Hawks (12-27) @ Raptors (30-12) Tuesday January 8th 2019. TSN 230 am(Vilnius, Lithuania) 900pm(St Johns) 830pm(Halifax) 730pm(Toronto) 630pm(Winnipeg) 530pm(Calgary) 430pm(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    That's the right mindset. We have to consider this year's team as being the best and final version of the Casey/Derozan/Lowry core - with DeMar upgraded to Kawhi, Casey upgraded (hopefully) to Nurse and the best ever supporting cast. The idea should be to take advantage of Lowry's shrinking window for one last hurrah. If Kawhi leaves, it makes the rebuild decision real easy.
    The players I think know that too. Serge was implying that in the SI article. He knows that if Kawhi leaves he's a gonner too.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      Say what you will about Vince....and maybe that sums it up right there. You can't not say something. That said, it's worth checking out this feature from JLew even for the pictures alone.

Great article. He has impacted a lot of people, fans and players both.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        Great article. He has impacted a lot of people, fans and players both.
        Does VC get the standing ovation tonight?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          he did last time he was here so I assume so. most those fans in the building are new fans or Fairweather so they don't have the same emotional attachment as us lifers. if the acc was full of fans who were really watching in that era i would guess itd be a nice polite clap and a maybe 25% standing o 5% boo
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Unless he announced his retirement tour like Wade - then no. What if he comes back next year? Or the year after that?

Comment

• Just heard some talking heads on NBA Sirius XM, discussing Kawhi's future, a lot of it based on this SI article that came out. Basically one guy believed he'll end up with the Clippers but the other two guys thought we had a pretty strong chance to re-sign him.

The guys that believed he would stay cited Masai's prowess as a GM, but also had an interesting take: Toronto is doing an excellent job in making Kawhi the centre of the franchise, giving him the right amount of attention/respect, space regarding his health/play frequency etc..), and yet not smothering him with the kind of TMZ attention he would get in LA, something that Kawhi would certainly dread. They pointed that here, he would get a lot of exposure and basketball attention by having the whole country supporting him, on a winning team with a serious shot a the title, but without the drama, which is precisely what Kawhi is looking for.

One of the guys followed up by saying that if Kawhi went to LA, he would have to endure every team event and paparazzi attention, and yet would still be locally considered "second class basketball citizen" because locally in LA, that's how the Clippers are viewed in relation to the Lakers (even when the Clippers is doing better as a team)

That is nothing new and we talked about this here on this very forum, but it was interesting to see some are seeing that south of the border as well (on Sirius NBA radio)

Comment

Not unamimous (as it wasn't before either) but less boos .... SportsNet and the Raptors are sucking up to the memories again as Masai yet again tests the waters to see if they bring him back in some capacity at retirement. jmo

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Not unamimous (as it wasn't before either) but less boos .... SportsNet and the Raptors are sucking up to the memories again as Masai yet again tests the waters to see if they bring him back in some capacity at retirement. jmo
                  You're one of the last true bitter guys around here...16 years ago an immature 27 year old man and a sloppy mismanaged organization share blame in bungling a chance at a longer happier relationship.

In the end the 27 year old never got his chance at a title but perhaps doesnt really care. He ended up improbably with one of the longest careers in league history. The franchise is now arguably top 3 in the industry, with arguably top 3 player in the world, with real championship aspirations.

To be bitter over the incidents of nearly 2 decades ago is akin to a divorce getting remarried, rich with a beautiful family still mad that their high school sweetheart and them had a messy breakup once upon a time.

With that said, to each their own
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• It amazes me that people think this is Masai's call. I imagine Larry Tannenbaum still feels he lost a lot of money and was publicaly made a fool of, and I do not think he has a short memory. But heh, maybe he is a warm fuzzy guy who doesn't worry about such things...
                    Last edited by meductic; Tue Jan 8, 2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      i just realized that "berta" is referring to alberta so there's that.
                      Mind blown. I just assumed their name was Bert.

Comment

• I dont think we will win tonight.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• No Bazemore no prince no Plumlee. Lol.

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post

Sneaky nick not letting anyone get a look at us at full strength until the playoffs.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X