Everything Patrick McCaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I don’t see a violation here the kid still has to clear waivers before Cleveland can sign him. The nba just doesn’t use its waivers system which is no fault of Cleveland
    Yeah, but the whole point of the contract was for it to be undesirable. Why would anyone claim McCaw on an overpaid deal?

It is definitely legal, but it's the sort of legal loophole that they will make sure to close ASAP because it's not intentionally legal, just overlooked.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
      It will be interesting to see what happens with him, developmentally and career wise. Always is with the young Raptors #scubs #discards #undrafted prospects.

As has already been mentioned, interesting that Patrick chose to go to the Raptors. Advice from an agent?
      I believe there was a report saying that it was because of Phil Handy's reputation as a player development coach.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Phil Handy is an amazing addition

Comment

As has already been mentioned, interesting that Patrick chose to go to the Raptors. Advice from an agent?
          Same reason "The Moose" signed with the Raps. In a smaller role specializes to your skills on a winning team, you can look much better than being on a losing team with a bigger role that wants you to be the jack of all trades thus exposing your weaknesses.

If you know your role & specializes in a few areas you will continue to find your next contract around the corner.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            I believe there was a report saying that it was because of Phil Handy's reputation as a player development coach.
            Thanks Dan. Never heard of Phil before he joined the Raptors but he has a good reputation. Certainly is making a great impression here.

Comment

Thanks Dan. Never heard of Phil before he joined the Raptors but he has a good reputation. Certainly is making a great impression here.
              He's been real Handy to have arou....im too lazy to even finish that pun
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Same reason "The Moose" signed with the Raps. In a smaller role specializes to your skills on a winning team, you can look much better than being on a losing team with a bigger role that wants you to be the jack of all trades thus exposing your weaknesses.

If you know your role & specializes in a few areas you will continue to find your next contract around the corner.
                Timing can be everything. If you're a role player you might get lucky and contribute to a deep playoff run with all eyes watching just before free agency and you sucker some NBA GM into over-valuing you, like: Delly, Mozgov or our very own Biz. Visibility in the right setting (i.e. playoffs) can really distort perception.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  Timing can be everything. If you're a role player you might get lucky and contribute to a deep playoff run with all eyes watching just before free agency and you sucker some NBA GM into over-valuing you, like: Delly, Mozgov or our very own Biz. Visibility in the right setting (i.e. playoffs) can really distort perception.
                  Hard to believe Biz went from, what was it, $3 million a year to $15 million? For three years? Good for him.

Comment

Hard to believe Biz went from, what was it, $3 million a year to $15 million? For three years? Good for him.
                    Nope 4 years and $72 million, 68 million guaranteed.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Nope 4 years and $72 million, 68 million guaranteed.
                      yup closer to 17.5 ... i remember fans clamouring for daddy biz to stay..... I am glad we didn't pay that ugly contract. As much as I liked biz he was good at three things... lateral wing defence, rim protection, and rebounding. The best of which was rebounding. He couldn't pass, couldn't shoot, dribble.. He could just dunk. He was like a poor man's tristan.

For more money.

Comment

• Damn, the guy can really move.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Damn, the guy can really move.
                          Nice to see the back half of the bench getting some quality minutes. Very encouraging as well. Boucher has a chance to be something in the league.

Comment

• I'm pleasantly pleased with Patrick's pluckiness

McCAW!
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              I'm pleasantly pleased with Patrick's pluckiness

McCAW!

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                                McCaw is a skills upgrade over Richardson...

Tidy move by Ujiri in that he didn’t commit to Malachi by not picking up his 4thyr option and has nicely backfilled a 11 to 15 roster slot.

Hope McCaw can help when he is called on.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X