No announcement yet.

Everything Patrick McCaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred should really look to make Macaw a brand athlete of BOY. dude turned down 2 years 5 mill with the champs.signed for 800K on a team he probably won't get a tons of minutes. he either really believe in himself or hates the warriors for some reason
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
      Skimming thru the comment section in the front page, wild imaginations and conspiracies about this signing, i don't get it. To me this is a warm body to replace Zo Brown's spot, that's it.
      If that was the case why not just promote Jordan Lloyed & save some money?! I think there will be more things to come down the pipe.

Comment

If we replacing norm sure, he is basically a taller norm. Max potential rip Hamilton but he is too soft imo. So a taller norm is probably his ceiling.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          If that was the case why not just promote Jordan Lloyed & save some money?! I think there will be more things to come down the pipe.
          macaws a real nba caliber player Lloyd isn't that yet. think they jumped while the situation was available. the organization certainly seemed like they liked brown so him not getting his contract extended around the same time Patrick came available looks like they actually wanted macaw. plus I don't think u really save much money cause brown contract would have been guaranteed for rest of the season and we have to carry 14 guys regardless.

Comment

A few things to note. The Raps can make McCaw an RFA this summer with a very low QO. So I'm not sure why McCaw is doing this, but hey, good for the Raps.

The Raps seem to love grabbing these guys who can do some stuff well but can't shoot and believe they can teach guys to shoot. We'll see. For now, he just has to clear the Lorenzo Brown line. And in all likelihood will not need to absorb as many minutes as Brown had to unless there's another lengthy injury to Lowry or FVV or Wright.

One last thing, to a question upthread: the Raptors can send him to the 905 without his permission, as he doesn't have 3 years experience yet. So expect some reps there for him in all likelihood once the main roster is fully healthy.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Promoting Loyd wouldn't save them much money at all. All minimum salaries count for the same for tax purposes. And they can still bring Loyd up for a bunch of NBA days on his 2-way deal.

It looks like they are chasing the same path with their 2-way guys as last season - they'll promote one or the other on the last day of the year so they can be on the playoff roster at minimal cost.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                Yeah I'm not really seeing the value of this signing. He's a decent defender and has good size. 6'5 with a 6'10 wingspan. Could this mean Norm is on his way out?

I don't really see him replacing Fred or Delon. He's a combo guard but you could say that about Norm too.

I wonder if Masai has a Norm deal up his sleeves and took in McCaw as a cheap replacement? This year's Norm is better though so could backfire if that's what he's up to.
                He's not replacing Fred or Delon. He's replacing Brown.

On the plus side Raptors actually develop their young players, and are big on internal growth. GSW are constantly in win now mode and don't invest in player development. Could PM develop into a Delon/FVV type player in a season or two?

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

On the plus side Raptors actually develop their young players, and are big on internal growth. GSW are constantly in win now mode and don't invest in player development. Could PM develop into a Delon/FVV type player in a season or two?
                  Sums it up nicely, including the upside and Dan already referenced the fact that Raptors have pretty good control of Patrick's potential cost to them next season. I wonder if players and agents are paying attention to Raps history of developing players? Their history in this regard may be paying dividends. I have no idea how they compare to other teams in the league, but for guys on the bubble (low dollar risk) they seem to be attractive, as opposed to the Euro League route.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    A few things to note. The Raps can make McCaw an RFA this summer with a very low QO. So I'm not sure why McCaw is doing this, but hey, good for the Raps.

The Raps seem to love grabbing these guys who can do some stuff well but can't shoot and believe they can teach guys to shoot. We'll see. For now, he just has to clear the Lorenzo Brown line. And in all likelihood will not need to absorb as many minutes as Brown had to unless there's another lengthy injury to Lowry or FVV or Wright.

One last thing, to a question upthread: the Raptors can send him to the 905 without his permission, as he doesn't have 3 years experience yet. So expect some reps there for him in all likelihood once the main roster is fully healthy.
                    Can he be a RFA this summer? it was my understandings that since the cavs singed him then released him he will now be a UFA?
                    the whole situation is really weird from McCaw side. i dont know how this works out better for him when he had a 4 million contract on the table in GSW.

Comment

^^This

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        Can he be a RFA this summer? it was my understandings that since the cavs singed him then released him he will now be a UFA?
                        the whole situation is really weird from McCaw side. i dont know how this works out better for him when he had a 4 million contract on the table in GSW.
                        He's UFA right now (a team waiving a player never gets RFA rights), which is why the Raps can sign him. But he'll be RFA at the end of the year, because he's only played 3 seasons.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          He's UFA right now (a team waiving a player never gets RFA rights), which is why the Raps can sign him. But he'll be RFA at the end of the year, because he's only played 3 seasons.
                          ah okay makes sense. thanks

Comment

Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere along the way...

Between cutting Brown and adding McCaw, does this move save any money? Or is it just a swap of who we gave a guaranteed deal to. ie. McCaw is getting $790,000 or whatever, with a tax bill of $2.5 mil (approx) ... Would we have had to pay Lorenzo more than that salary, 2 or 3 million or something, or is that what he would've got anyway?

Seeing as they HAD TO add another player to bring them up to 14 roster spots, I'm wondering if this turns out to be a cost saving move in the end or just a personnel move.

Comment

He *might* be replacing Norm though. Very similar player. Norm makes $9M more though and has 3 more years on his deal.

We could have done better as a Brown replacement if that's all he his.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                He *might* be replacing Norm though. Very similar player. Norm makes $9M more though and has 3 more years on his deal.

We could have done better as a Brown replacement if that's all he his.
                                really? to me it just seems like a brown replacement, and i don't think we could have done any better in that case. Who is available right now who has more NBA talent then McCaw?

Comment

Working...
                                X