Everything Patrick McCaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Forgive me if this has been answered somewhere along the way...

Between cutting Brown and adding McCaw, does this move save any money? Or is it just a swap of who we gave a guaranteed deal to. ie. McCaw is getting $790,000 or whatever, with a tax bill of $2.5 mil (approx) ... Would we have had to pay Lorenzo more than that salary, 2 or 3 million or something, or is that what he would've got anyway?

Seeing as they HAD TO add another player to bring them up to 14 roster spots, I'm wondering if this turns out to be a cost saving move in the end or just a personnel move.
    They saved essentially pennies because of the few days at a 13 man roster between Brown being waived and McCaw being signed (which hasn't technically happened yet). Not a cost saving move at all - just cost saving compared to simply adding a 15th man.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      He *might* be replacing Norm though. Very similar player. Norm makes $9M more though and has 3 more years on his deal.

We could have done better as a Brown replacement if that's all he his.
      By that argument he might be replacing Kawhi after Kawhi bolts.

McCaw won't get minutes over Norm, and if Norm is traded, whoever comes in for him will likely take his minutes (or CJ will). There are very few scenarios where I can envision McCaw taking over Norm's spot in the rotation.

You might be overselling the similarities there too...
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        really? to me it just seems like a brown replacement, and i don't think we could have done any better in that case. Who is available right now who has more NBA talent then McCaw?
        Brown was a PG that had some range. McCaw is more of a combo guard that has no range. If we're looking for a replacement I'd want a guy who can shoot.

Not sure who specifically but if I couldn't find anyone I'd give Boucher a contract and find another 2-way. Boucher can actually shoot.

Comment

Mccaw doesnt really get time or money signing with us. If a winning team was his fancy? Well he just left a rotation spot in golden state. Have to think a Brooklyn or a Detroit would have been a good landing spot for this kid.

I think that's why the story has any legs cause the fit is just..odd
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Mccaw doesnt really get time or money signing with us. If a winning team was his fancy? Well he just left a rotation spot in golden state. Have to think a Brooklyn or a Detroit would have been a good landing spot for this kid.

I think that's why the story has any legs cause the fit is just..odd
            Ya that the only thing that doesn't really make sense. Maybe he just realized he fucked up and can maybe get some exposure on a good team and try to get a decent contract in the offseason? I just think his whole free agency has been badly miss handled
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Brown was a PG that had some range. McCaw is more of a combo guard that has no range. If we're looking for a replacement I'd want a guy who can shoot.

Not sure who specifically but if I couldn't find anyone I'd give Boucher a contract and find another 2-way. Boucher can actually shoot.
              Hey, let's play a fun game. Which is higher? Lorenzo Brown's career NBA 3PT%? Or Patrick McCaw's career NBA 3PT% if he had missed 25 of his made 3's?
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                Hey, let's play a fun game. Which is higher? Lorenzo Brown's career NBA 3PT%? Or Patrick McCaw's career NBA 3PT% if he had missed 25 of his made 3's?
                Yikes.. didn't realize Brown was sooo bad. LOL. Still would have preferred a much better shooter over McCaw to replace him.

Comment

I don't really see any downside to picking up PM. He's coming from a system in GS which Toronto is trying to mimic. He should fit in with our style of play, is long and athletic which should allow him to defend several positions. Ticks off a lot of the boxes for what Toronto wants in an end of rotation player they hope can become a fringe regular rotation piece. Clearly Brown didn't fit in particularly well and though some people have brought up replacing Norm, Norm is finally starting to produce. If it works out then Ujiri found another player of value on the cheap, if it doesn't work out well he was replacing Brown, on the roster.

Comment

Wonder how soon (after officially signing of course) McCaw will be playing for the 905?
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Wonder how soon (after officially signing of course) McCaw will be playing for the 905?
                      Third year players have to agree to play for g-league.The answer is not likely.

Comment

Gonzz wrote: View Post
                        Third year players have to agree to play for g-league.The answer is not likely.
                        NBA teams can assign any player with less than 3 years experience to the G-League. As this is year 3 the Raptors can send him down without his permission. I think it's safe to say he'll get some run there in the not too distant future, particularly if the Raptors have a fully healthy roster.

Players with more than 3 years experience must give permission to be assigned.
                        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                          NBA teams can assign any player with less than 3 years experience to the G-League. As this is year 3 the Raptors can send him down without his permission. I think it's safe to say he'll get some run there in the not too distant future, particularly if the Raptors have a fully healthy roster.

Players with more than 3 years experience must give permission to be assigned.
                          Here is the thing: if you draft that player than he has no choice in the matter as long as you are paying his salary.

However if you sign him as a free agent, he gets a say through his agent before hand if the team can do that. We don't know what the agreement was (maybe he didnt agree or agreed to upwards of a 5 games stint?) and hopefully it will work itself out.

Comment

When the rationale behind any player move looks hard to understand and it appears foggy where the benefit to the Toronto Raptors might be (cue music) "I believe in Masai...I believe he can touch the sky..."

Comment

29% 3 point percentage...you got to be fucking kidding me.

What is Masai doing here? I guess releasing trash Zo Brown is nothing but just leveling up from a negative point. But what a terrible upgrade especially when this team is badly needing reliable three point shooters.

This team is already full of athletic guys, we need shooting ffs.

Unless this is just a move in preparation for a more significant deal.

Comment

To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X