Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #44 Nets (20-22) @ Raptors (31-12) Friday January 11th, 2019. SN1 130am(Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo) 230am(Vilnius, Lithuania) 900pm(St Johns) 830pm(Halifax) 730pm(Toronto) 630pm(Winnipeg) 530pm(Calgary) 430pm(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ended up 157-154 SA over Westbrook and OKC in 2OT. Crazy game

Comment

Re the SA/OKC game. Tied with seconds left in regulation DD misses a jumper. Tied in 1st OT seconds left DD misses a jumper.

Beals numbers are nice lately but inflated on a shit team and without Wall. Hed probably average about 14 points on this team.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Cheat meals are dangerous mate. After my last cheat day, I ended up in hospital. Then antibiotics course followed for the whole holiday period. Sober holidays, yay me. And I just had a fucking colonoscopy to rule out bad things(thankfully everything is fine).

Fuck cheat meals.
        Glad everything is fine but what the hell did you eat to put you in the hospital?

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          Beals numbers are nice lately but inflated on a shit team and without Wall. Hed probably average about 14 points on this team.
          Not an empty stats guy, but he's close. You trade Pascal & JV for Beal and we're totally f*cked for the playoffs. Who guards Durant and Giannis? Who guards Embiid and Cousins? Beal is undersized at SG and barely guards his own position, ffs. Beal isn't Kawhi or even Paul George. He's more like a Dollarama Ray Allen.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            Cheat meals are dangerous mate. After my last cheat day, I ended up in hospital. Then antibiotics course followed for the whole holiday period. Sober holidays, yay me. And I just had a fucking colonoscopy to rule out bad things(thankfully everything is fine).

Fuck cheat meals.
            Dang. Live & learn. Glad you're feeling better.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              Not an empty stats guy, but he's close. You trade Pascal & JV for Beal and we're totally f*cked for the playoffs. Who guards Durant and Giannis? Who guards Embiid and Cousins? Beal is undersized at SG and barely guards his own position, ffs. Beal isn't Kawhi or even Paul George. He's more like a Dollarama Ray Allen.
              Well said. Another solid post.
              Sometimes our eyes get big when we just look at one aspect of the game.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                "you took my starter spot"
                Nothing like having one of the Morris twins on your roster to keep calm & peace.

Comment

The Nets are one of those good bad teams. Harris is a heck of a shooter. I think he's averaging over 50% on 3's. Have to keep a body on him and make him play defense. And that Kurucs guy is pretty good.

Hopefully Green is a go tonight. Fred becomes a liability pretty quickly when he and Lowry are our two perimeter defenders.

And I suspect Kawhi to have a big game. I still can't f@cking believe that we have this guy on our team.

Comment

I'd say 90% of the board agrees you can't put Pascam in this deal.

The question is whether you send OG. Also if you send JV which big do you get back.

We are a good team but we aren't beating the Warriors yet. A 24-5-5 shooter who is only 25 years old is the kind of player who might fill that gap, and they don't become available every day.

Comment

He's more like a Dollarama Ray Allen.

For the right price, that ain't bad.
                      Last edited by Joey; Fri Jan 11, 2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Glad everything is fine but what the hell did you eat to put you in the hospital?
                        Chicken shish kebab and large pepperoni pizza(prepared by the people who don't wash their damn hands).

Comment

Finally someone said it. Beal is not a bad player but this year he's shooting below 35% from 3, along with shaky defence. Yes, he's averaging 24pts this year but that's on a bad team, he wouldn't average that here. I'm floored by some of the proposed deals floating around for him, like, "2 starters caliber players + 2 rotation players + 2021 pick", for him and Mahimi or something in that vein. I personally don't think he's even close to be worth that much. Good player though, just a bit too overrated sometimes imo.

Comment

Raptors appear to be doing something little radio/podcast/volunteer bit involving kids. Green, Handy I think, Magloire, Monroe, Malachi...and KAWHI

Kawhi is standing off to the side and the one kid goes "Would you like to join our show?" Right away Kawhi "I like to watch"

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's becoming cringy seeing Raptors or any media really posting Kawhi smiling or laughing, stop making this so much of a deal, it's normal human behavior. It only reinforces the stigma.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                                It's becoming cringy seeing Raptors or any media really posting Kawhi smiling or laughing, stop making this so much of a deal, it's normal human behavior. It only reinforces the stigma.
                                Meh, he seems to be having fun and willingly signing up for team functions. It's certainly not mandated in the contract to do as many things as he has so far. To me it shows buy in
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X