Likes Likes:  109
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Game #44 Nets (20-22) @ Raptors (31-12) Friday January 11th, 2019. SN1 130am(Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo) 230am(Vilnius, Lithuania) 900pm(St Johns) 830pm(Halifax) 730pm(Toronto) 630pm(Winnipeg) 530pm(Calgary) 430pm(Vancouver)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Not an empty stats guy, but he's close. You trade Pascal & JV for Beal and we're totally f*cked for the playoffs. Who guards Durant and Giannis? Who guards Embiid and Cousins? Beal is undersized at SG and barely guards his own position, ffs. Beal isn't Kawhi or even Paul George. He's more like a Dollarama Ray Allen.
    Well said. Another solid post.
    Sometimes our eyes get big when we just look at one aspect of the game.

Raptors Republic Veteran Hotshot's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    "you took my starter spot"
    Nothing like having one of the Morris twins on your roster to keep calm & peace.

3. Likes Demographic Shift liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Nets are one of those good bad teams. Harris is a heck of a shooter. I think he's averaging over 50% on 3's. Have to keep a body on him and make him play defense. And that Kurucs guy is pretty good.

Hopefully Green is a go tonight. Fred becomes a liability pretty quickly when he and Lowry are our two perimeter defenders.

And I suspect Kawhi to have a big game. I still can't f@cking believe that we have this guy on our team.

Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not an empty stats guy, but he's close. You trade Pascal & JV for Beal and we're totally f*cked for the playoffs. Who guards Durant and Giannis? Who guards Embiid and Cousins? Beal is undersized at SG and barely guards his own position, ffs. Beal isn't Kawhi or even Paul George. He's more like a Dollarama Ray Allen.
    I'd say 90% of the board agrees you can't put Pascam in this deal.

The question is whether you send OG. Also if you send JV which big do you get back.

We are a good team but we aren't beating the Warriors yet. A 24-5-5 shooter who is only 25 years old is the kind of player who might fill that gap, and they don't become available every day.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He's more like a Dollarama Ray Allen.

For the right price, that ain't bad.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Jan 11th, 2019 at 02:55 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Glad everything is fine but what the hell did you eat to put you in the hospital?
    Chicken shish kebab and large pepperoni pizza(prepared by the people who don't wash their damn hands).

Raptors Republic Starter inthepaint's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Finally someone said it. Beal is not a bad player but this year he's shooting below 35% from 3, along with shaky defence. Yes, he's averaging 24pts this year but that's on a bad team, he wouldn't average that here. I'm floored by some of the proposed deals floating around for him, like, "2 starters caliber players + 2 rotation players + 2021 pick", for him and Mahimi or something in that vein. I personally don't think he's even close to be worth that much. Good player though, just a bit too overrated sometimes imo.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Raptors appear to be doing something little radio/podcast/volunteer bit involving kids. Green, Handy I think, Magloire, Monroe, Malachi...and KAWHI

Kawhi is standing off to the side and the one kid goes "Would you like to join our show?" Right away Kawhi "I like to watch"

It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's becoming cringy seeing Raptors or any media really posting Kawhi smiling or laughing, stop making this so much of a deal, it's normal human behavior. It only reinforces the stigma.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

11. Likes Day One, Just Is liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    It's becoming cringy seeing Raptors or any media really posting Kawhi smiling or laughing, stop making this so much of a deal, it's normal human behavior. It only reinforces the stigma.
    Meh, he seems to be having fun and willingly signing up for team functions. It's certainly not mandated in the contract to do as many things as he has so far. To me it shows buy in

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Meh, he seems to be having fun and willingly signing up for team functions. It's certainly not mandated in the contract to do as many things as he has so far. To me it shows buy in
    That's true and it's great news and all, it's just that media is overly emphasizing the fact that "look Kawhi is happy here". In my opinion of course as a marketer I'm tired of it, even though I fully understand what's being done.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Fury's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The whole "Kawhi doesn't talk" is all generated by the media.

When he got traded, the media portrayed him like he's Marshawn Lynch. He's nowhere near like Lynch lol.

15. Likes Day One liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Fury wrote: View Post
    The whole "Kawhi doesn't talk" is all generated by the media.

When he got traded, the media portrayed him like he's Marshawn Lynch. He's nowhere near like Lynch lol.
    He's just shy. Which is a lot of the reason why that Spurs stuff hasn't come out in the media. He doesn't wanna talk about it.

Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    He's just shy. Which is a lot of the reason why that Spurs stuff hasn't come out in the media. He doesn't wanna talk about it.
    Yeah he does like to keep things to himself and close to the vest... .This pretty much mirrors the Raptors/Ujiri approach on most media matters as well...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Anyone seen any updates on pat, im assuming hes not playing tonight but id still like to see him get his 10 min.

Raptors Republic All-Star bertarapsfan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Day One wrote: View Post
    Anyone seen any updates on pat, im assuming hes not playing tonight but id still like to see him get his 10 min.
    he's inactive. got the locker next to kawhi. this has been your daily mccaw update

Raptors Republic All-Star bertarapsfan's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

who the hell is graham?

Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ok.. revenge game....

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't see anyone advocating Pascal in that trade. If it can't be done without him, it can't be done. But OG/Serge+, OG/JV+ giddy up

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Make sure you collect those rebounds (rebound bounced back to 3pt line)" smh...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information