Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #45 Raptors (32-12) @ Wizards (18-25) Sunday January 13th, 2019. SN1.6:00pm(London,England)7:00pm(Douala,Cameroon)8 :00pm(Vilnius, Lithuania) 2:30pm(St Johns) 2:00pm(Halifax) 1:00pm(Toronto) 12:00pm(Winnipeg) 11:00am(Calgary) 10:00am(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Including Miles in any deal would probably cost a 1st round pick.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      You gotta read posts more carefully. "... not an empty stats guy", but not for Siakam + JV/Ibaka, or whatever dumb trade idea is out there.
      Its not dumb its realistically what Raps would have to give up to make sense for Wiz. Anyways if we want second scoring option we gotta get Beal. If price is too much we’re rolling into playoffs without consistent second option.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Where is this Beal talk coming from? Is it just the articles from 10 days ago where a couple non-Washington insiders were speculating about what the asking price for Beal might be? We're still at zero indication that Washington would actually consider it, right? To me it just seems like the absolute least-likely path for Washington to take; they'd be better of trading Wall (who admittedly will be hard to find a workable deal for), and other useful guys like Mahinmi, Ariza, and Porter.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
          Where is this Beal talk coming from? Is it just the articles from 10 days ago where a couple non-Washington insiders were speculating about what the asking price for Beal might be? We're still at zero indication that Washington would actually consider it, right? To me it just seems like the absolute least-likely path for Washington to take; they'd be better of trading Wall (who admittedly will be hard to find a workable deal for), and other useful guys like Mahinmi, Ariza, and Porter.
          The assumption is that Beal is much more likely to be traded than Wall because of That Terrible Contract. Beal is the most attractive secondary scorer who has visible tradeability by far, and that's why there's so much chatter about it.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
            The assumption is that Beal is much more likely to be traded than Wall because of That Terrible Contract. Beal is the most attractive secondary scorer who has visible tradeability by far, and that's why there's so much chatter about it.
            Wall indeed has a terrible contract... virtually unmoveable.. .however no matter what is said...no contract is unmovable (see....Vernon Wells or Carmello Anthony)

However given the Whiz's record since Wall went on the shelf and the almost team like atmosphere they showed against the Raps in double OT... it seems that amputating Wall from the Whiz lineup for whatever the cost....is a better option than moving Beal or Porter....

I think Beal is a hotdog of massive proportions.. but the rest of the Whiz play harder around him than Wall...

So unless Ernie Grunfeld is Helen Keller (deaf , dumb and blind) he knows he has to take one in the gonads and move Wall for the Whiz to go forward....

Which team he can stiff and what he has to give up is up for discussion....

Orlando needs to sell tickets and has a need for a PG....
            Phoenix is as stupid as they come and have a need and have cap space which mollifys the need to give up talent in additon to a couple of picks...
            The Knicks.. however good they seem to be on team building are an addict for a quick fix .....

Discuss.
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jan 14, 2019, 12:38 PM. Reason: Mid Day Drinking .. I added a bit.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Wall indeed has a terrible contract... virtually unmoveable.. .but no contract is unmoveable (Vernon Wells)

However givet the Whiz's record since Wall went on the shelf and the almost team like atmosphere they showed .. at least against the Raps... it seems that amputating Wall from the Whiz lineup for whatever the cost....is a better option than moving Beal or Porter....

Beal is a hotdog of massive proportions.. but the rest of the Whiz play harder around him than Wall....

Unless Ernie Grunfeld is Helen Keller (deaf , dumb and blind) he knows he has to take one in the gonads for the Whiz going forward....TRADE WALL....
              If the goal is to rebuild on the fly then move Wall. If the goal is to start from scratch then move Beal and keep Wall, which will theoretically lead to more losses. Wiz are screwed.

Comment

• If Beal was 29 or 30 than I could see him being moved.. but at 25 it just doesn't make sense. He's a vet, but a very young vet. He has a great contract and as far as I know doesn't want to be traded.

Even if the Wiz rebuild.. they still can around Beal. Heck Delon Wright is older than Beal. Siakam is only about 10 months younger than Beal.

If the Wiz need to clear up salary than they should try to trade Porter. He's the guy that makes the most sense to trade. Maybe they can get a first rounder for him despite his contract. NO seems desperate enough to give up a pick for some help right now... and they really need help at the wing spot.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Its not dumb its realistically what Raps would have to give up to make sense for Wiz. Anyways if we want second scoring option we gotta get Beal. If price is too much we’re rolling into playoffs without consistent second option.
                  I get where your coming from.. but the 2nd option is Lowry (both for 2 and 3 point options) and the third is Siakam .. but primarliy from 2...

Norm has been showing glimpses of being able to make 3's when it matters as opposed to garbage time or when they are up or down by 20 points....if this holds till the ASG.. I think Ujiri plays his hand as is. He is the best team in the East right now with the Deer a very close second....the others are trying to catch his squad...

If Leonard or his people indicate tacitly or otherwise he is going to re-up for a second hitch in Toronto then JJ Reddick is an UFA next year and meets everything Beal can give and comes at a cost of money only.. no talent.. only dough ray me....MLSE has more money than god...

Ujirii MO is to play the long game... he always has.... Rolling with what he has on deck is a more plausible option than a Beal trade at the deadline...
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jan 14, 2019, 01:03 PM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, it's definitely a problem because in the playoffs you need some form of backcourt playmaking/shot creation and Lowry has fallen off hard. Green, FVV and Wright give you nothing there, or worse, turnovers. And Powell is just figuring out this season how to use his dribble. Even Lowry's 3-pt shooting is wildly inconsistent which doesn't make much sense, unless his back is still bothering him. But even healthy, you can't trust Lowry in the playoffs, so yeah, we need a second scoring option who can create their own shot. In hindsight, one option would have been Isaiah Thomas, who signed for 2M or whatever paltry amount he got.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      You gotta read posts more carefully. "... not an empty stats guy", but not for Siakam + JV/Ibaka, or whatever dumb trade idea is out there.
                      You forgot the "but he's close part".

Beal would be a nice addition, but not at the cost of Siakam and JV. If we can't defend Milwaukee in the playoffs then you can forget a finals appearance.

Comment

• Here's a question...

How valuable is Toronto's future first round picks being perceived as around the league? I'm sure many teams are thinking Kawhi bolts and we're going to plummet in the standings soon after. Note, I'm not advocating for trading first round picks so keep those snarky remarks to yourselves

But say Masai has some sort of verbal agreement with Kawhi....that pick can get you something this season.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Here's a question...

How valuable is Toronto's future first round picks being perceived as around the league? I'm sure many teams are thinking Kawhi bolts and we're going to plummet in the standings soon after. Note, I'm not advocating for trading first round picks so keep those snarky remarks to yourselves

But say Masai has some sort of verbal agreement with Kawhi....that pick can get you something this season.
                          Until this year's draft is completed, the earliest first-rounder we can trade is the 2021 pick (because the Spurs have our first rounder this year). If teams think Kawhi is leaving, that may actually get us more than the 2020 pick... but if Kawhi leaves, that is the pick which it would hurt the most to be without.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            You forgot the "but he's close part".

Beal would be a nice addition, but not at the cost of Siakam and JV. If we can't defend Milwaukee in the playoffs then you can forget a finals appearance.
                            And that's exactly what happened yesterday. lol. Beal put up a 40-piece triple double, the Wiz got really, really close, but they lost.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              I get where your coming from.. but the 2nd option is Lowry (both for 2 and 3 point options) and the third is Siakam .. but primarliy from 2...

Norm has been showing glimpses of being able to make 3's when it matters as opposed to garbage time or when they are up or down by 20 points....if this holds till the ASG.. I think Ujiri plays his hand as is. He is the best team in the East right now with the Deer a very close second....the others are trying to catch his squad...

If Leonard or his people indicate tacitly or otherwise he is going to re-up for a second hitch in Toronto then JJ Reddick is an UFA next year and meets everything Beal can give and comes at a cost of money only.. no talent.. only dough ray me....MLSE has more money than god...

Ujirii MO is to play the long game... he always has.... Rolling with what he has on deck is a more plausible option than a Beal trade at the deadline...
                              *Redick* btw

He's 50%+ in total PPG this season and Embiid, Simmons, Butler have only helped since FG% is fairily consistent to his career avg. 40% FT shooter and 90% FT shooter. Plays both shooting guard and PG. I love the fact that he only costs $$$ and always advocate for signings over trade but the discussion du jour is tkaing their shot at the finals this season. As currently constructed, the Raps may be a slight favourite but it wouldn't exactly be a shock of biblical proportions to be knocked out by the Deer or even 76ers/Celtics.

I just don't see Masai figuring out a way to make a major move this season but he can always surprise (again)

It would be a huge kick in the teeth for the Bucks to knock out the Raps and find a way to take out GSW
                              -it's ours to challenge....

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                                Until this year's draft is completed, the earliest first-rounder we can trade is the 2021 pick (because the Spurs have our first rounder this year). If teams think Kawhi is leaving, that may actually get us more than the 2020 pick... but if Kawhi leaves, that is the pick which it would hurt the most to be without.
                                I can't imagine Ujiri trading a 1st without some sort of assurance of Kahwi's plans, but damn if that pick is in play he has a real opportunity to improve the roster for this season. GM's are probably thinking they can be Boston with Toronto playing the role of Brooklyn.

Comment

Working...
                                X