Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #45 Raptors (32-12) @ Wizards (18-25) Sunday January 13th, 2019. SN1.6:00pm(London,England)7:00pm(Douala,Cameroon)8 :00pm(Vilnius, Lithuania) 2:30pm(St Johns) 2:00pm(Halifax) 1:00pm(Toronto) 12:00pm(Winnipeg) 11:00am(Calgary) 10:00am(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry’s numbers offensively is something of a concern but as long as another player not named Kawhi is bringing it nightly and it is more like Siakam then the team is surviving.

Lowry’s intangibles (getting charges, hustle, pace and involving his teammates), some numbers that dont appear on the basic stat sheet are difference makers. He is best per 100 possessions behing Danny.

Norm and Delon are showing some consistency off the bench. Giving them both ample minutes would benefit the team as a whole. I am also excited of JV’s addition to the line up.

Maybe they dont need Beal but they just need another big body like an Ariza who is more reliable at both ends of the floor.

Why Miles/ Fred and OG are expendable if Ujiri is dead serious in going deep to knock out the other four east monsters and eventually convince Kawhi to stay.

Yet that maybe not enough and why Beal is still a very attractive 3rd Star to add to this team

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      *Redick* btw

He's 50%+ in total PPG this season and Embiid, Simmons, Butler have only helped since FG% is fairily consistent to his career avg. 40% FT shooter and 90% FT shooter. Plays both shooting guard and PG. I love the fact that he only costs $$$ and always advocate for signings over trade but the discussion du jour is tkaing their shot at the finals this season. As currently constructed, the Raps may be a slight favourite but it wouldn't exactly be a shock of biblical proportions to be knocked out by the Deer or even 76ers/Celtics.

I just don't see Masai figuring out a way to make a major move this season but he can always surprise (again)

It would be a huge kick in the teeth for the Bucks to knock out the Raps and find a way to take out GSW
      -it's ours to challenge....

What are we .. a nation of school teachers ? ...

To your POV... Other than the Ross for Ibalka trade Ujiri hasn't shown a tendency to make mid season deals... which is why I think the Beal Deal is pretty much an RR discussion....

With my total and absolute homer tattoo on my sleeve and my rose coloured glasses firmly affixed.... I do not see the raps getting knocked out of the East by any of the Deer or the Clitlicks or the Hinkies .... Its the Raps to lose at this point... They are still playing without their full coterie of players as JV is on the shelf till Feb... When they all get back... Its hard to see who takes 4 games before they do....
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
        This dude really is ahead of Kawhi in the MVP race? yeah what he's doing offensively is pretty impressive. But let's not forget that Kawhi is averaging 27ppg this year and is a lockdown defender unlike Harden who plays D like he doesn't give a shit.

I forgot to add that yhe Raps also have the best record in the LEAGUE. Kawhi Leonard should be #1 in the MVP race.

Kawhi > Harden
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Ujirii MO is to play the long game... he always has.... Rolling with what he has on deck is a more plausible option than a Beal trade at the deadline...
          Trading the face of the franchise for a 1-year rental is not the long game. Masai's goal is the chip. The window is now. In for a penny.... in for a pound.

Comment

• Not sure about MVP.. but is Kawhi going to be in the All NBA first team? The two locks for that team are Giannis and Harden.

You can have 3 forwards, and 2 guards. Kawhi would have to compete with Lebron, George, Durant, Davis, Jokic and Embiid (am I missing someone?).

I'd give the three forward spots to Giannis, Jokic and Kawhi to be honest. Lebron will probably get in though. LA has a ton of media. And it's a media vote. If he does I hope he displaces Jokic and not Kawhi. Although George is making a strong case for it too.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Trading the face of the franchise for a 1-year rental is not the long game. Masai's goal is the chip. The window is now. In for a penny.... in for a pound.
              Oh, I think that if there is a deal which definitely improves our ceiling for this year at the cost of future assets, it will get done... but the key word here is "definitely." If Atlanta offers us Jeremy Lin for Delon Wright and a 2021 first (with cap ballast from the end of each bench to match salaries if needed), then I seriously consider it (and take some version of it unless I think something even better comes along) because it definitely increases our ceiling for this year, even though trading first rounders is usually a bad idea.

The tricky thing about the Beal deals people are proposing is that any deal that the Wizards would be likely have the possibility of improving our ceiling, but not the near certainty of it.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Yeah...we can give up on Washington trading him. He's been way too good
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Capela out for 4-6 weeks. Harden's going to have to go for 50 every night.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      I can see how you see it that way... but he went as far as he could with DD and Casey....

OK you lost to the Whiz in a sweep.. shit happens...and you could add to that mix of players. Reload and try again. He did.

A run to the ECF where you run up against number 23 and a pretty talented team.. OK you lost.. some vindication.. but you were never really in it...still Ujiri gives the construct a repechage.

Another 4 game sweep in the semis... not even close.... but a glimmer of hope as the Cavs are older and perhaps not as strong an outfit....so one more at bat.. .its resembling the Derek Jeter victory lap ...but Ujrii is in it for the long haul.

The coup de grace was the 4 game wipeout by a substandard Cavs team led by James that you could have and should have beat. Strike 3. No more. Gone are the lead dog and the coach...

He took the long view and traded for a guy he realistically thinks he can get to say long term.... I for one won't be betting against him. With Leonard in house... and boodles of cap room on the immediate horizon and all his picks after he gives up the last or second last pick this year....Ujiri has again positioned himself and the Raptors long term.... Rob Babcok he is not.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jan 14, 2019, 05:19 PM.
                      - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Capela out for 4-6 weeks. Harden's going to have to go for 50 every night.
                        With only him and Gordon as offensive threats...... he could jack up 30 plus shots a night...
                        - TGO

Comment

What are we .. a nation of school teachers ? ...
                          Just wanted to make sure fans didn't think we were trading for Josh Reddick from the MLB Houston Astros

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Not sure about MVP.. but is Kawhi going to be in the All NBA first team? The two locks for that team are Giannis and Harden.

You can have 3 forwards, and 2 guards. Kawhi would have to compete with Lebron, George, Durant, Davis, Jokic and Embiid (am I missing someone?).

I'd give the three forward spots to Giannis, Jokic and Kawhi to be honest. Lebron will probably get in though. LA has a ton of media. And it's a media vote. If he does I hope he displaces Jokic and not Kawhi. Although George is making a strong case for it too.
                            NBA AS game is a no-touch all offense no D joke....Kawhi doesn't fit in there. Selfish players do

Comment

With only him and Gordon as offensive threats...... he could jack up 30 plus shots a night...
                              He did this regularly with a full roster. I think we're looking at 40+ now. Lol

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                                NBA AS game is a no-touch all offense no D joke....Kawhi doesn't fit in there. Selfish players do
                                Was thinking more of All-NBA. The teams are determined at the end of the year. Last year DeMar made the second team IIRC. Would like to see Kawhi get the first team. He's making one of those teams guaranteed though.

Comment

Working...
                                X