Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #46 Raptors (33-12) @ Celtics (25-18) Wed January 16th 2019. ESPN,TSN. 2:00am(Zaria, Nigeria) 3:00am(Vilnus, Lithuania) 9:00am(Macau, China) 9:30pm(St Johns) 9:00pm(Halifax) 8:00pm(Toronto) 7:00pm(Winnipeg) 6:00pm(Calgary) 5:00pm(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough loss after starting the game hot, blowing the lead and then coming back again to make a game of it. Kawhi looked tired talking about a loss and what they have to do .... I'm tired of hearing Kyle say what they have to do.
    Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Jan 17, 2019, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      Naa that's celtics. They have the offensive superstar who raises his game in the playoffs and in the clutch. They have the reliable secondary scorer in Hayward (he will be healthy and ready to go by playoffs) and a supporting cast that can play under pressure along with a great coach. Good recipe to make the finals.

All of this is pointless though because warriors are going to murder anyone who makes the finals.
      Crappy road teams aren't usually good in the playoffs.. I guess we won't know for sure who's the best until April/May

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Tough loss after starting the game hot, blowing the lead and then coming back again to make a game of it. Kawhi looked tired talking about a loss and what they have to do .... I'm tired of hearing Kyle say what they have to do.
        Well the first step is knowing the problem. Kyle said the thing we need to do better in the clutch is helping kawhi not just giving him the ball and watching him do everything. So that's good to hear. Now the next time we have a close game I wanna see it
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          The Claw looks like he's tired talking after losses
          Obviously The losses are far in between but it exposes some of the Raptors weaknesses.

What matters most are games beyond 82.

But Boston is a team that is built when the going gets tough. I thought they have the superstar who responds when the lights shines the brightest, supporting cast with toughness needed for the grind of the playoffs and a very strategic coach.

The acquisition of Kawhi and Green will be the difference makers of how deep the Raptors can go in June but outside of those two, I still have doubts. Nurse being a rookie coach may have some difficulties if his team faces adversity in those games in the summer.

Maybe Ujiri can find a way to get another playoff tested third scorer

Comment

• There are 3 essential things you need to win in today's NBA:

1. Strong PG play (starter & backups)
            2. 3pt shooting
            3. Quick in-game adjustments (leading to naturally flowing offence and strong defence in the last 6 minutes of the game)

Today we had none. You can't win games by shooting 24% from 3 like we did tonight, unless the other team is also shooting that low, which is rare in today's game. Doesn't matter how good the other fundamentals of the game are.

Also, If your bench players are not producing, put in your starters back in 3-4 minutes sooner than they would have come in. Just do it. These are professional athletes, they're not gonna die of exhaustion if you played them 36 minutes instead of 33 on a given night.

Those extra 3 minutes of higher quality play can give you the game. I never understood why Nurse sometimes waits until there's only 5 or 6 minutes left in the fourth to bring the big guns back in. They should be coming back at the 10 or 9 minute mark on close games, unless the bench is rolling, which was clearly not the case today. React quicker (or even better, be proactive) in the future please.

Comment

• Barring a trade, we know who this team is, and it's really damn good, but it's up to coaching now to make it elite. Nurse has said that they haven't spent nearly as much time in film sessions as he would like, and injuries have made it difficult to be consistent in rotations. Now the team has a relatively relaxed schedule. Lots of time to study stuff in film sessions, try it out in practice and work it out in games against weak teams.

If we've got Green taking off-the-dribble long twos in key possessions in the playoffs or Pascal driving into traffic and then doing a jump spin pass to nobody, that's a failure of coaching.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                Barring a trade, we know who this team is, and it's really damn good, but it's up to coaching now to make it elite. Nurse has said that they haven't spent nearly as much time in film sessions as he would like, and injuries have made it difficult to be consistent in rotations. Now the team has a relatively relaxed schedule. Lots of time to study stuff in film sessions, try it out in practice and work it out in games against weak teams.

If we've got Green taking off-the-dribble long twos in key possessions in the playoffs or Pascal driving into traffic and then doing a jump spin pass to nobody, that's a failure of coaching.
                Agreed. Nurse has to get his shit together and we have to get healthy. It's as simple as that because when Nurse coaches a good game and we are healthy we are VERY good.But we haven't been healthy at all this season and Nurse sometimes goes back to his foolish ways at times.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Three point shooting is the major achilles of this team. Being at the bottom 3rd in the league for a contending team is not something to be proud of.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    Well the first step is knowing the problem. Kyle said the thing we need to do better in the clutch is helping kawhi not just giving him the ball and watching him do everything. So that's good to hear. Now the next time we have a close game I wanna see it
                    I just remember both Kyle and DeMar after losing saying the same thing over and over and then not doing it.
                    I want to see the knowing and the doing, not the saying lol

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      Obviously The losses are far in between but it exposes some of the Raptors weaknesses.

What matters most are games beyond 82.

But Boston is a team that is built when the going gets tough. I thought they have the superstar who responds when the lights shines the brightest, supporting cast with toughness needed for the grind of the playoffs and a very strategic coach.

The acquisition of Kawhi and Green will be the difference makers of how deep the Raptors can go in June but outside of those two, I still have doubts. Nurse being a rookie coach may have some difficulties if his team faces adversity in those games in the summer.

Maybe Ujiri can find a way to get another playoff tested third scorer
                      I have a pretty good idea that Masai is gonna tinker (he will do SOMETHING) but I highly doubt it's a splash move and will likely take his swing in FA. Which I generally much prefer but this season is our shot man!

Comment

• Game after game, it shows the value of JV. I believe that JV is very important to this team and many people overlook that issue and talk about trades.
                        When JV comes back, I think alot of problems will be solved.

Comment

• Quit saying Lowry is old. You dont become old from october to january. Thats not how it works. Its an injury. Id sit him until two weeks before the playoffs. Fuck this shit. I think its become a crux or backstop if he has a bad game. Im not a doctor but its obvious as fuk his back will not get better if he has to lie down between quarters. Enough already.

This team is so cursed. If opposition gets an o board i swear they shoot 3s immediately after at a 50% clip. We get three more tries and cant make one. It seems we shoot higher 3% contested than open 3’s - this is insane!

Another nationally televised game another loss. Stop it guys.

Serge was not contesting and slow. So many dunks where hed do the walk away from the scene of the crime. His shot is ok but he has terrible brain farts a couple of times a game at key moments. Sometimes he seems plain lazy.

Bit on pump fakes so hard so often.

Still dont know why Boucher doesnt get burn especially with OG out. We need threes and his shot blocking would help swing momentum our way. The guys made more threes than DD this year. If Nurse is so into experimenting why the f not?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            That's just a broken clock being right twice a day..it should have all been all Kawhi with Serge and Pascal as outlets off screens late. Danny can play defense, Kyle can stick to that thing he does where he takes charges and passes the ball
                            The Raptors are not paying Lowry 30 fucking million dollars a year to just take charges and pass the ball.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• FVV and Delon Wright and myself combined for zero points.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                                The Raptors are not paying Lowry 30 fucking million dollars a year to just take charges and pass the ball.
                                Idk when people are going to realize this.

The impact stats are great, but he needs to up his fucking production. He's supposed to be a star player.

Comment

Working...
                                X