Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #46 Raptors (33-12) @ Celtics (25-18) Wed January 16th 2019. ESPN,TSN. 2:00am(Zaria, Nigeria) 3:00am(Vilnus, Lithuania) 9:00am(Macau, China) 9:30pm(St Johns) 9:00pm(Halifax) 8:00pm(Toronto) 7:00pm(Winnipeg) 6:00pm(Calgary) 5:00pm(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “We just gotta get some movement going rather than just be stationary out there, even down the stretch, it’s not just down the stretch at times, it’s throughout the game, sometimes when I do have the ball, there’s not movement, just everybody watching me.”

-Kawhi

Comment

• I'm a solid 0-1 with a loss to the Bucks. And that was with Kawhi playing.

I think I'm good with that streak for a bit. LOL

But whoever gets this thread up should be okay. First it's the Suns. Second we're at home. Sure we don't have Kawhi but has he ever played a second game of a B2B? And aren't we like 7-1 or something on those games?

Siakam is going to carry us to a win.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        Barring a trade, we know who this team is, and it's really damn good, but it's up to coaching now to make it elite. Nurse has said that they haven't spent nearly as much time in film sessions as he would like, and injuries have made it difficult to be consistent in rotations. Now the team has a relatively relaxed schedule. Lots of time to study stuff in film sessions, try it out in practice and work it out in games against weak teams.

If we've got Green taking off-the-dribble long twos in key possessions in the playoffs or Pascal driving into traffic and then doing a jump spin pass to nobody, that's a failure of coaching.
        You guys think way too highly of coaches.....

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          yeah Ben Simmons doesn't choke in playoffs
          He had approximately 7,000 turnovers in 5 games against Boston.....

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            yeah Ben Simmons doesn't choke in playoffs
            Ben Simmons: 16 ppg, 7.7 ass, 4.4 turnovers, 0.0% from 3
            Kyle Lowry: 17.5 ppg, 8.5 ast, 3.1 turnovers, 44% from 3 on 6.3 attempts per game
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Wow, just looking at the box score last night. Delon Wright: 0s. A complete bagel except for three missed field goals in 12 minutes. FVV: 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and a foul in 18 minutes. That is terrible.

I agree Lowry needs to score more but, come on, 0 points in 30+ minutes for your back-up guards? What the hell were they doing?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Harden is unconscious 18 games with 30 or more, back to back with 50 ..... and the Rockets attempted 73 three tonight (!) .... and lose
                LJ2 wrote: View Post
                That can't be right...can it?
                https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...t-win-rockets/
                The Rockets shot an NBA-record 70 3s, making just 23.

Comment

• And i suppose 47 missed threes is a record too

Comment

Harden is unconscious 18 games with 30 or more, back to back with 50 ..... and the Rockets attempted 73 three tonight (!) .... and lose
                    LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    That can't be right...can it?
                    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                    And i suppose 47 missed threes is a record too
                    Not sure what the record missed by a team is, but the record missed by one player is
                    16 by James Harden, Houston Rockets (at Orlando Magic) on January 13, 2019 (1/17) (shared with Damon Stottlemyre)
                    and the Rockets missed 27 straight back in May.

Harden seems to be the common thread lol

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Wow, just looking at the box score last night. Delon Wright: 0s. A complete bagel except for three missed field goals in 12 minutes. FVV: 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and a foul in 18 minutes. That is terrible.

I agree Lowry needs to score more but, come on, 0 points in 30+ minutes for your back-up guards? What the hell were they doing?
                      Even my 4 yr old princess would find your post of hypocrisy funny. Calling out people for reacting within the game in a game thread But here you are after almost 24 hours and you still cant get over it.

Lol

Comment

Not sure what the record missed by a team is, but the record missed by one player is
                        16 by James Harden, Houston Rockets (at Orlando Magic) on January 13, 2019 (1/17) (shared with Damon Stottlemyre)
                        and the Rockets missed 27 straight back in May.

Harden seems to be the common thread lol
                        Seems like only a few years ago that the basketball community went nuts when the Reno Bighorns chucked 61 3-pointers in a game. Nobody really expected that to happen in the NBA, and yet here we are.

Before we reveal the final tally, let's tell you that the NBA record for three-pointers attempted in a game is 49. Are you ready to find out how many times the Bighorns chucked it from downtown? Okay, here it is: 61 times!
                        The Reno Bighorns Took an Insane Amount of Three-Pointers in a Recent NBA D-League Game
                        https://www.complex.com/sports/2015/...-d-league-game

Q:> Will Brady Heslip get another chance in the NBA?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                          Even my 4 yr old princess would find your post of hypocrisy funny. Calling out people for reacting within the game in a game thread But here you are after almost 24 hours and you still cant get over it.

Lol
                          You dont "react" in game threads. You've continued your M.O. from years past of picking one player (DeRozan has become vanvleet) and harping..and harping..and harping..and harping..and bringing little else to the table of discussion. Multiple times last night you called fred nick nurses "lover" or "girlfriend"

This is why you get called out. You've shown flashes of being a good poster. But more often than not people just get tired of the shtick, slaw is not the only one
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            You dont "react" in game threads. You've continued your M.O. from years past of picking one player (DeRozan has become vanvleet) and harping..and harping..and harping..and harping..and bringing little else to the table of discussion. Multiple times last night you called fred nick nurses "lover" or "girlfriend"

This is why you get called out. You've shown flashes of being a good poster. But more often than not people just get tired of the shtick, slaw is not the only one
                            What? Its a game thread ffs.

Its not like a regular thread that you vent out your frustrations and derail it in the process. Game threads is where posters “react” as “real time” plays happens.

Each one of us here have biases so dont give me that self righteous rhetoric bs. You are better than that. But slaw throwing a low blow insult to me because I was reactionary to a player not a poster is uncalled for. Again you should know more of this being a vet in here.

You actually piled on it and threw a slant that I missed Derozan. What was that about?

So the lesson is: there is an ignore button, pressed it during game threads.

Cheers !

Comment

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/...t-win-rockets/
                              The Rockets shot an NBA-record 70 3s, making just 23.
                              That's why they still lost to the Nets and are still only 5th in West. Just have your best player ISO and chuck 3's all the time. Oversimplification of the game. Will work a lot of times , but the 3 pt shot is a high variance shot, even for guys like Harden.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
                                If we're all in this year then both our backup guards are on the table.

I hope Atlanta buys out Lin and he will consider Toronto. His ability to shoot and run a pick and roll with either JV or Ibaka should make the bench offense serviceable again. I realize Lin has warts but most buyouts do, but this guard play is real bad.

I wouldn't mind an upgrade on Monroe either. A big that can rebound and provide rim protection. Monroe puts up shots that hit the bottom of the rim... he has no above the rim game.
                                So JV?
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X