Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #46 Raptors (33-12) @ Celtics (25-18) Wed January 16th 2019. ESPN,TSN. 2:00am(Zaria, Nigeria) 3:00am(Vilnus, Lithuania) 9:00am(Macau, China) 9:30pm(St Johns) 9:00pm(Halifax) 8:00pm(Toronto) 7:00pm(Winnipeg) 6:00pm(Calgary) 5:00pm(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #46 Raptors (33-12) @ Celtics (25-18) Wed January 16th 2019. ESPN,TSN. 2:00am(Zaria, Nigeria) 3:00am(Vilnus, Lithuania) 9:00am(Macau, China) 9:30pm(St Johns) 9:00pm(Halifax) 8:00pm(Toronto) 7:00pm(Winnipeg) 6:00pm(Calgary) 5:00pm(Vancouver)

On this day in Raptors History: January 16th 2002- The Raptors took care of business at home defeating the Houston Rockets 109-103. Vince Carter had 29 pts while Alvin Williams added 21. Hakeem Olajuwon had 6 pts in 31 minutes on 2-7 shooting. Moochie Norris had 28 pts and 9 ast for the side from Houston.

Starting Lineups

RAPTORS

CELTICS
    PG-Kyrie Irving
    SG-Marcus Smart
    SF-Jayson Tatum
    PF-Marcus Morris
    C-Al Horford

A couple days rest is well deserved for the Raptors after playing 58 minutes in Washington on Sunday. The 2nd half of that one was not ideal, but a win is a win and Toronto got some much-needed crunch time practice. The winning streak, coupled with some bad execution in a few of those games, can be a blessing in disguise for T.O as it provides Nick and the coaching staff with some areas that can be improved upon. The Raps head into bean town to face a potential playoff matchup that will be nationally televised in the U.S. If the first 2 match-ups are any indication, this one will be a must watch game with a playoff type atmosphere. The home team has picked up the W in each meeting thus far this season, with each game coming down to the wire. Toronto will hope to buck that trend and take a big mental advantage over the team most pundits saw as the biggest threat to win the East this season.

Boston come into this one fresh off 3 straight loses and some in-team fighting between the roster. A rough stretch has the Celtics showing some cracks in the cohesiveness of the locker room. The over confidence of declaring themselves the East’s best team prior to pre-season ball tipping off has begun to bite them in the backside. Although they have struggled as of late, the Celts are going to treat this like a statement game and play with intensity. In the last match-up, the Celtics were able to pull away in overtime on their homecourt tying up the season series at 1-1. Kyrie Irving missed the Celtics last game but has said that he expects to be ready to suit up on Wednesday night. Regardless if Irving is in the lineup or not, expect the Celtics to come in biting and scratching in an attempt to grab a statement win over the best team in the league.

X factors
    Serge Ibaka: The big man in the middle has the potential to impact the game on both ends of the court in this one. If Serge is hitting his patented hook shots and mid range jumpers it will open up a lot of the Raps offense. On the other end, Mafuzzy matches up with a key cog in Boston’s offense. If he can defend Al well, it will go a long way to securing the Raps a road victory.

GO RAPS!
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

I look at this big amazing game thread and all I see is FUCK THE CELTICS

Comment

Syracuse beat Duke Leo is going to be on fire lol.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        I look at this big amazing game thread and all I see is FUCK THE CELTICS
        Damn I wanted to be the first to say that.

Comment

Celtics gonna be in a bad mood mired in a nice little losing streak. Run out to a big lead on them and the boos will rain down in the gahden ... I mean, they play in a stadium named after Toronto lol

Comment

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Celtics gonna be in a bad mood mired in a nice little losing streak. Run out to a big lead on them and the boos will rain down in the gahden ... I mean, they play in a stadium named after Toronto lol
              I never understood why that hasn't been pointed out far more often. Lol

Comment

Moochie Norris lol

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                  I never understood why that hasn't been pointed out far more often. Lol
                  Millennial's don't understand that acronyms have actual words behind them. OMG, LOL, SMH, BRB, ACC, TD Garden, GFY!

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    Lol. It took awhile, but we're starting to own them in recent years. Celtics (and Bruins) are destined to be under the Dominion of Toronto.

Comment

I'm currently in the Boston area until early next week, but I have a scheduling conflict for this game, so I haven't even bothered pricing out a ticket for this (and possibly giving myself a heart attack in the process).

I'm expecting this to be another humdinger of a game, but I'm actually OK with not watching it live out here in enemy territory; I like to keep a low profile.

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                          $0

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                            Nothing.
                            Not a fan of logos or advertising for multi billion dollar corporations. You can't really avoid them on shoes tho.
                            That includes Raptors gear but I make a few exceptions

Comment

Kawhi is a beast
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                              X