Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #46 Raptors (33-12) @ Celtics (25-18) Wed January 16th 2019. ESPN,TSN. 2:00am(Zaria, Nigeria) 3:00am(Vilnus, Lithuania) 9:00am(Macau, China) 9:30pm(St Johns) 9:00pm(Halifax) 8:00pm(Toronto) 7:00pm(Winnipeg) 6:00pm(Calgary) 5:00pm(Vancouver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake had a nice article this past week in The Athletic talking about how the raps are better when playing with high pace.

Last night really captured that. You make the raps play a slow half court game and Siakam struggles. Take away Lowry’s pull up 3 in transition and double Kawhi and you are in a good place.
    Obviously with OG and JV in there rotations should be better but scoring seems to be a problem in a half court grinding game.

Comment

• If we're all in this year then both our backup guards are on the table.

I hope Atlanta buys out Lin and he will consider Toronto. His ability to shoot and run a pick and roll with either JV or Ibaka should make the bench offense serviceable again. I realize Lin has warts but most buyouts do, but this guard play is real bad.

I wouldn't mind an upgrade on Monroe either. A big that can rebound and provide rim protection. Monroe puts up shots that hit the bottom of the rim... he has no above the rim game.

Comment

• Wow just remembered why I stay away from game threads after a loss. We played horribly and were tied with 2 minutes left when Kyrie decided to go nuclear. On to the next one, the sky is not fallling. The raptors are fine. Boston still has chemistry issues, Milwaukee still hasn’t won a playoff series with Giannis. The sky is not falling.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
          Harden is unconscious 18 games with 30 or more, back to back with 50 ..... and the Rockets attempted 73 three tonight (!) .... and lose
          That can't be right...can it?

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
            If we're all in this year then both our backup guards are on the table.

I hope Atlanta buys out Lin and he will consider Toronto. His ability to shoot and run a pick and roll with either JV or Ibaka should make the bench offense serviceable again. I realize Lin has warts but most buyouts do, but this guard play is real bad.

I wouldn't mind an upgrade on Monroe either. A big that can rebound and provide rim protection. Monroe puts up shots that hit the bottom of the rim... he has no above the rim game.
            Well, that's where JV's value lies. With him on the court, the Raptors can score in the half court. So if the Ibaka lineup is getting bogged down into halfcourt play where it's less effective, you roll JV out and kickstart the offence. Ideally the Ibaka starters are just kicking butt like in the first Q in this game, but when they get slowed down, the Raptors usually have an adjustment they can make. Not so right now.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Sucks to waste another great performance by Kawhi. OG and JV, two guys that can get you 10+ pts a game and defend the post and perimeter at a high level could have really impacted the game in our favor. When will this team ever get healthy?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                Idk when people are going to realize this.

The impact stats are great, but he needs to up his fucking production. He's supposed to be a star player.
                He’s overpaid.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Raptors just can't buy a win in Boston. That was a good game. Crowd was really into it.

Liked that the Raptors came back from a deficit. Hated how they lost.. but Kyrie can do that.

Sucks that Lowry can't shoot anymore. And for some reason they kept passing the ball to Serge. Serge can't shoot the 3 anymore. He's been brutal.

We still have a super star on this team.. and in the NBA you can win if you have one. So I'm not worried about the playoffs. As long as we are healthy we should be fine.

This was an automatic loss before the game started. Boston was desperate for a win. Kyrie specifically. And for us it was just another game. Yet we still almost pulled it off.

Boston is not getting home court against us in a series. Just too far back to make up ground. And like us in Boston, they can't win in Toronto.

Comment

• As for Lowry's contract.. Masai's entire goal was term not size. He was going have no cap space anyway with DeMar already locked up.. he didn't want to lose Ibaka who he gave up Ross and a pick for.. and Lowry's contract was a package deal. They share the same agent.

Lowry despite his contract he is still an expiring next season. And despite his struggles will most likely still be an all-star this year. His advanced metrics are still really good.

But yeah it feels like Lowry got out of shape when he was hurt and didn't work hard to come back in shape. And his shot seems completely broken.. but that's the same for Serge and CJ too.

Before the season started I always thought this team was going to be one of the best 3pt shooting teams in the league. We swapped arguably our worst 3pt shooter in DeMar for Kawhi and Green. Yet we suck this year.

So strange.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      As for Lowry's contract.. Masai's entire goal was term not size. He was going have no cap space anyway with DeMar already locked up.. he didn't want to lose Ibaka who he gave up Ross and a pick for.. and Lowry's contract was a package deal. They share the same agent.

Lowry despite his contract he is still an expiring next season. And despite his struggles will most likely still be an all-star this year. His advanced metrics are still really good.

But yeah it feels like Lowry got out of shape when he was hurt and didn't work hard to come back in shape. And his shot seems completely broken.. but that's the same for Serge and CJ too.

Before the season started I always thought this team was going to be one of the best 3pt shooting teams in the league. We swapped arguably our worst 3pt shooter in DeMar for Kawhi and Green. Yet we suck this year.

So strange.
                      Rhythm, or lack thereof. When we consistently move the ball quickly, even in the half-court, we can hit 3's. When we sit around and watch Kawhi, or when somebody tries to create off the dribble with an awkward drive & kick, we miss our 3's. Even wide open.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Rhythm, or lack thereof. When we consistently move the ball quickly, even in the half-court, we can hit 3's. When we sit around and watch Kawhi, or when somebody tries to create off the dribble with an awkward drive & kick, we miss our 3's. Even wide open.
                        Other teams don't seem to have that issue though. Boston hit some big 3's without being in rhythm. It's a concern for sure, but I think there is more to it.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Other teams don't seem to have that issue though. Boston hit some big 3's without being in rhythm. It's a concern for sure, but I think there is more to it.
                          Uh, Celtics just lost 3 in a row to lesser teams. They have that issue. But other teams are playing a more predictable offense. Nurse wants un-predictability, for the playoffs. 3-pt shots are inheritantly high variance and our unpredictability is adding to that variance, IMO.

Comment

• Where's thread for tonight's game? Kyle, Kawhi and OG won't play

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Where's thread for tonight's game? Kyle, Kawhi and OG won't play
                              And of course JV..that's your top 2 guys and 4 of your top 8 guys for those keeping score at home. On a b2b.. not gonna be easy.

Kyle is clearly not right. Shut him down until he gets his back 100%
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Where's thread for tonight's game? Kyle, Kawhi and OG won't play
                                Bertasfan took us to 5 games when I was expecting a one and done.Next man up on game thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X