Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suns @ Raptors Thursday Jan 17th on SN1 and TSN radio. At 7:30 pm (and other times elsewhere in the world)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

consmap wrote: View Post
    I'm going off tonight. Book it
    Empty the clip....

Comment

Comment

Good luck Jclaw! hoping for a McCaw sighting as well. I just hope I can figure out what time this game is in my part of the world.
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          Good luck Jclaw! hoping for a McCaw sighting as well. I just hope I can figure out what time this game is in my part of the world.
          4:30 Kamloops
          5:30 Medicine Hat
          6:30 Swift Current
          7:30 Barrie
          8:30 New Glasgow

9:00 for basketball fans in Newfoundland
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Kyle is good to go. He's pissed off about last night, so he'll play.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              Kyle Lowry — MAN OF ACTION

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                4:30 Kamloops
                5:30 Medicine Hat
                6:30 Swift Current
                7:30 Barrie
                8:30 New Glasgow

9:00 for basketball fans in Newfoundland
                All 2 of them.

Comment

Give Phil Handy a 10 days player's contract, dude's still got handles. Couldn't do worse than FVV last game.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Give Phil Handy a 10 days player's contract, dude's still got handles. Couldn't do worse than FVV last game.
                    We've got a good one here

Player Development
                    In a 2012 interview with Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell, Handy spoke on how he got into player development:

"After retiring from playing myself about 12 years ago, I started my own basketball training business. Tony Delk, Eddie House, Shawn Marion and Penny Hardaway were some of the first guys I worked with, and Tony encouraged me to make it a business."

From there, his training business grew and he developed a clientele of established pros such as Arron Afflalo, Jeremy Lin and five-time All-Star Blake Griffin.

NBA Coaching Career
                    Los Angeles Lakers (2011-13)

Handy's reputation led to then-Lakers head coach Mike Brown appointing him as the team's player development coach.

In his two seasons with the team, he worked with and quickly earned the respect of Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, Pau Gasol and Steve Nash, among others.

Cleveland Cavaliers (2013-18)

When Brown was brought back as the head coach of Cleveland in 2013, he brought Handy along with him to serve in a similar capacity.

It didn't take long for Handy and 2012 Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving to develop a strong bond. According to a 2016 article written by Spears, Handy connected Irving with Kobe Bryant, which led to Irving adopting many of Bryant's habits. Irving speaks highly of Handy:

"Coach Handy has done an unbelievable job. He's kind of the one who introduced the relationship and mentorship that I have with Kobe. And in terms of working out late nights, doing whatever it takes to win, learning how to lead, understanding the nuances of the game and understanding what it takes to be a great player in this league, [Handy's] really kind of put down the foundation and steps."
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Player Development
                      In a 2012 interview with Lakers.com reporter Mike Trudell, Handy spoke on how he got into player development:

"After retiring from playing myself about 12 years ago, I started my own basketball training business. Tony Delk, Eddie House, Shawn Marion and Penny Hardaway were some of the first guys I worked with, and Tony encouraged me to make it a business."

From there, his training business grew and he developed a clientele of established pros such as Arron Afflalo, Jeremy Lin and five-time All-Star Blake Griffin.

NBA Coaching Career

Handy's reputation led to then-Lakers head coach Mike Brown appointing him as the team's player development coach.

In his two seasons with the team, he worked with and quickly earned the respect of Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, Pau Gasol and Steve Nash, among others.

When Brown was brought back as the head coach of Cleveland in 2013, he brought Handy along with him to serve in a similar capacity.

It didn't take long for Handy and 2012 Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving to develop a strong bond. According to a 2016 article written by Spears, Handy connected Irving with Kobe Bryant, which led to Irving adopting many of Bryant's habits. Irving speaks highly of Handy:

"Coach Handy has done an unbelievable job. He's kind of the one who introduced the relationship and mentorship that I have with Kobe. And in terms of working out late nights, doing whatever it takes to win, learning how to lead, understanding the nuances of the game and understanding what it takes to be a great player in this league, [Handy's] really kind of put down the foundation and steps."

Sounds like Kyrie's coming to Toronto next season

Comment

So Lowry will start. Miles available but hopefully we still see McCaw more than him and Bouch gets a bit of run in a blowout win

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Sorry Consmap.....I think he puts you down a peg

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            Player Development

NBA Coaching Career

I couldn’t see the margin to know who posted this while I read it but I knew instantly that it was you cause you’re the only person here who continues to be delusional enough to think we’re acquiring anyone in free agency this year. When will you finally understand the cap and our relation to it. Kyrie ain’t coming. Nor is Durant.

Give up your dreams. Focus on what is real.

Much love. ha.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                              Imagine how conflicted the fanbase would be, notably this page.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X