Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grizzlies @ Raptors Saturday January 19th on SN1 at 7:30 (and other times elsewhere in the world)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizzlies @ Raptors Saturday January 19th on SN1 at 7:30 (and other times elsewhere in the world)

The last post ended with asking for something to soothe wounded Raptor fans so, I guess this one should start with this

As per Wiki, "The Naismith Cup was an annual pre-season National Basketball Association (NBA) exhibition game. From the 1995 season through 2000, it was played between the two Canadian NBA rivals, the Toronto Raptors and the Vancouver Grizzlies, at neutral venues across Canada.[1] The cup was named after James Naismith, the Canadian inventor of basketball, and was originally created to raise money for Canada Basketball, similar to the Pearson Cup competition between Canada's Major League Baseball teams the Toronto Blue Jays and Montreal Expos (which have since relocated to Washington). Following the Grizzlies relocation to Memphis the cup was laid dead"

So...I guess the moral of the story is, if a professional Toronto sports team invites you to play in a yearly practice game with them...you should probably decline.

As for the game, as opposed to facing the hard charging Suns (2 wins in their last 10 games), we take on the just slightly less scorching Memphis Grizzlies (1 win in their last 10 games). That doesn't include tonight's game against the Celtics. Did I forget to mention? They will be coming to town on the second end of a B2B. While it's nice to know we can now count on a Pascal buzzer beating drive to pull us out of the fire, hopefully the Kawhi-full (but still OG-less) Raps can take care of this one. Go Raps!

Comment

Comment

Comment

let's bless this thread.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

What is even happening to start this thread lol
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              It's dry January, so...

Comment

Im with Chuck 100%

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

hahaha we bored

Comment

Wait a sec. I was the first commentor.... I'm starting tomorrow! Right, JClaw?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                      Wait a sec. I was the first commentor.... I'm starting tomorrow! Right, JClaw?
                      It's a trap, Nurse didn't even play me last night. I brought my family out to the game and everything
                      OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                        It's a trap, Nurse didn't even play me last night. I brought my family out to the game and everything
                        You get paid regardless thopugh right?
                        $8M per year / 80 games ....

Comment

Grizzly celtics is a pretty good game 6 pts difference heading into the 4th
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

D'Angelo Russell = All Star?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Fury wrote: View Post
                              D'Angelo Russell = All Star?
                              Ask Alexa. She knows. She's just like D'Angelo.

Comment

Working...
                              X