Likes Likes:  64
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Grizzlies @ Raptors Saturday January 19th on SN1 at 7:30 (and other times elsewhere in the world)

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like we were the elixer the Celtic needed to get going again

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Looks like we were the elixer the Celtic needed to get going again
    They were playing Atlanta, were down most of the game to the Hawks, and needed Kyrie to play 37 minutes on the second night of a back to back to win by 8 - to a team they'd previously beaten by 18 and 21 points.

3. Likes KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Watching the Raptors performance last night was a lot of fun. Great the way the team pulls for each other. Not going to say anything about Miles... I'll just leave that whole thing for Danny Green to manage. He seems to have god-like powers.

Great to see the two-ways get some run. And Pat. I didn't realize Boucher never played high school ball. Can that be true? Ah, Wikipedia for answers. I remember now, he dropped out of high school at 16 to work. Played a little pickup ball, then three years later was invited to participate in a tournament in Montréal and dropped 44 points. That lead to a spot on an AAU team and then on to college.

Six years playing organized ball.

Masai must have a special instrument that allows him to ferret these guys out.
    Last edited by Puffer; Sun Jan 20th, 2019 at 12:07 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Grizzlies were so bad last night. I think they had 24 turnovers. We just kept deflecting most of their passes. It's too bad because the Celtics get their pick, and I always thought they were a dark horse candidate for the playoffs out west.

Good to see some of our guys get 3's in. Especially CJ.

Nice to see a big blow out win. Haven't really had many of those this year.

Raptors Republic Veteran Demographic Shift's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Grizzlies were so bad last night. I think they had 24 turnovers. We just kept deflecting most of their passes. It's too bad because the Celtics get their pick, and I always thought they were a dark horse candidate for the playoffs out west.

Good to see some of our guys get 3's in. Especially CJ.

Nice to see a big blow out win. Haven't really had many of those this year.
    Its protected 1 though 8. and the Grizz are in the 6 hole right now....which means it won't convey this year if the Grizz embrace the tank.

Jackson is the future for them.. watch for Gasol and Connley to find their way to the DL for some reason to build on that hold and 6th place...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    They were playing Atlanta, were down most of the game to the Hawks, and needed Kyrie to play 37 minutes on the second night of a back to back to win by 8 - to a team they'd previously beaten by 18 and 21 points.
    The point was they were in total disarray with Kyrie calling his teammates out and losing to the bottom feeders until they beat us and now 3 in a row.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So the Raps have 3 days off until beatable Sacramento at home Tuesday. But then it's a back to back in Indiana against a very good Pacers team who are currently 30-15

Normally, we'd see Kawhi suit up against the Kings and sit out against the Pacers on the road. I'd sooner see them reverse that now for a better chance of a W against a potential playoff matchup or else finally see them stop the sitting on the back to backs like Nick Nurse has alluded to several times. This is also the better plan if Kawhi needed that first "maintenance day" because of a niggling injury.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote G__Deane wrote: View Post
    So the Raps have 3 days off until beatable Sacramento at home Tuesday. But then it's a back to back in Indiana against a very good Pacers team who are currently 30-15

Normally, we'd see Kawhi suit up against the Kings and sit out against the Pacers on the road. I'd sooner see them reverse that now for a better chance of a W against a potential playoff matchup or else finally see them stop the sitting on the back to backs like Nick Nurse has alluded to several times. This is also the better plan if Kawhi needed that first "maintenance day" because of a niggling injury.
    Pacers are on fire. They're 11-3 over the past month and now 16 games above .500

Sit Kawhi for the easier win against the Kings and play against the hot (and potential playoff opponent) Pacers?
    Stop the sitting back to backs and play Kawhi in both games?
    Status quo and Kawhi plays against the Kings but sits against the Pacers?

The Raps record is pretty impressive with Kawhi sitting but I'd like to see them mix it up instead of the expected....

Time for the new game thread.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Personally I'm fine if Kawhi keeps sitting and we lose with him sitting (which hasn't really happened yet). I like that the organization is treating him with kid gloves. I mean we all want him back right? The whole situation is very sensitive and I think Masai and the Raptors are doing a heck of a job with it.

As for seeding.. it would be nice to have home court in every round. But it might also be nice to have the 2nd seed and avoid the 4 vs 5 match up in the second round. 3rd seed seems okay too from that perspective. The only seed that I'd want to avoid is 4th or 5th and I like our chances that we avoid that.

Personally I'd like to see Kyle get some more rest or at least not as much load. With all our guards healthy now, Nurse should try to use Kyle much less than he has been recently. I kind of hope he misses the all-star game but that's probably unlikely.

11. Likes DanH liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Personally I'm fine if Kawhi keeps sitting and we lose with him sitting (which hasn't really happened yet). I like that the organization is treating him with kid gloves. I mean we all want him back right? The whole situation is very sensitive and I think Masai and the Raptors are doing a heck of a job with it.
    When it comes to building and managing relationships, I think you'd have to give a tiny benefit of the doubt to the man who is good buddies with Obama.

13. Likes planetmars, Zainab, DanH liked this post
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread Information