Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grizzlies @ Raptors Saturday January 19th on SN1 at 7:30 (and other times elsewhere in the world)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and with Warriors this stacked, no point in loading up for the championship run. It won't be enough anyways
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      and with Warriors this stacked, no point in loading up for the championship run. It won't be enough anyways
      We knew Cousins coming on board GSW would be demoralizing... now that the moment’s here... I’m just like... FML

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        We knew Cousins coming on board GSW would be demoralizing... now that the moment’s here... I’m just like... FML
        Whenever you think you are doing well, life comes down and slaps you hard. Fuck the NBA!!

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
          Yeah, you could have halfheartedly hoped he would be too rusty to make a difference, but the dude did really well in limited minutes. Our only hope at this point is probably voodoo and/or getting all the Warriors to do a GoDaddy commercial.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Yeah, you could have halfheartedly hoped he would be too rusty to make a difference, but the dude did really well in limited minutes. Our only hope at this point is probably voodoo and/or getting all the Warriors to do a GoDaddy commercial.
            JV kind of owns the matchup (considering fewer minutes he's playing + FGA/% FG he gets)

https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

Not to mention DC haven't played in playoffs before (crazy) and JV is known to turn it on when they come.

So there's that. There's still hope!
            Last edited by RandomGuy; Sat Jan 19, 2019, 09:08 AM.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Time is a construct.

Carry on.

Comment

there's still plenty of time for crybaby cousins to cause problems for the warriors.

Comment

The warriors posting the better player at 4 of 5 starting positions against every squad in the NBA is laughacryable, 5 of 5 for 26/29 is soul crushing.

Comment

Yeah, I see some media is trying to spin Cousins’ comeback as some type of redemption story. Wtf. Dude was hella pissed off at NBA GMs for not giving him a decent offer, and he wanted to stick it to the NBA. Looks like that’s exactly what’s going to happen. What he did was 100x worse than KD. Are fans supposed to feel good about that?

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Did you guys already forget what team looked like when Lowry was out? Lowry is having shit season but FVV didn't exactly step up.
                      That wasn't my point, I love Lowry. But he needs to get healthy, step it up and learn to play with Kawhi. This is at least a 3 horse race in the East, not 1 and I'd much sooner have 2 stars firing on all cylinder and think that Siakam could be a difference maker than one star, 1 questionable who needs to be counted upon and Siakam as the dark horse difference maker.

I'll go so far as to say that the Raps don't make the finals and may easily not make the East finals without Kyle being healthy and raising his current game.

Comment

Two points about Cousins:

1. Other GM's can't say a peep a about him signing with GSW. If you're a GM, you can't not offer him anything (citing injury/temperament), and then turn around and complain he signed with GSW. It's not like he had a bunch of offers and ended up picking GSW.

2. If JV is healthy in playoffs (and we actually manage to get out of the East), I'm not that concerned with Boogie. Yes he'll score a lot but JV is a great matchup for him and Boogie is actually a slow, poor defender that will slow GSW's pace for us, while giving up more opportunities in transition for us.

A lot of "IF's", but if we have our average PG play and normal 3P% (instead of the shit 25% we're shooting now), as well as everyone healthy, we can make a GSW series very interesting. We haven't lost from them this year yet.

Comment

It's still way too early to think about the warriors. They are good.. heck most of the NBA penciled them as winners before the summer even started. And then they got Cousins on top of that.

The goal for me is just to get to the dance. And then hope Kawhi wants to play with us for another year. Warriors are going to be different next year. They have money issues and that well is drying up. They don't have Cousins' Bird's Rights. So they would have to offer him another small money deal which I doubt he'd take again. This is a prove-em year for him. Only plays a few months and gets a ring.. then gets his max somewhere else. Not a bad play for a guy like him to be honest.

Comment

That's what I keep saying all year. Worry about getting TO and winning the ECF. Don't even think about matching up against GSW yet, there's a big challenge before that even enters the equation. The Raps may be slightly favoured but any of the Celtics, 76ers and Bucks could be there and it wouldn't exactly be a minds-blown situation. They're good teams and anything can happen in the post season.
                            Pacers may well knock one of them out imo.
                            76ers could put it together for a run
                            Celtics could fully figure things out and run the table
                            Giannis could go nuclear with the help of every NBA star call

Raps could be in the finals for sure but we still need to get healthy, better at crucial aspects of the game and also get a little luck thrown in.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              Yeah, I see some media is trying to spin Cousins’ comeback as some type of redemption story. Wtf. Dude was hella pissed off at NBA GMs for not giving him a decent offer, and he wanted to stick it to the NBA. Looks like that’s exactly what’s going to happen. What he did was 100x worse than KD. Are fans supposed to feel good about that?
                              Nah, he didn't get good offers as a big man with an achilles injury. Any other team wouldn't have let him miss half the year.... This gave him all the time he needed to rehab without pressure.

KD removed any semblance of competition from the league in a way that's never been done before. KD also robbed us of seeing both him and Steph putting up superlative performances in their primes. What KD did was definitely worse.
                              Last edited by Scraptor; Sat Jan 19, 2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Nah, he didn't get good offers as a big man with an achilles injury. Any other team wouldn't have let him miss half the year.... This gave him all the time he needed to rehab without pressure.

KD removed any semblance of competition from the league in a way that's never been done before. KD also robbed us of seeing both him and Steph putting up superlative performances in their primes. What KD did was definitely worse.
                                Yes and no. KD allows Steph to take his time and fully recover from injuries. If anything, KD is allowing us to see prime Steph more often than if GSW had to trot him out in the regular season to get a good seed. Heck, they even sat Steph out in the first round of the playoffs without a bead of sweat.

And Boogie proactively called GSW to purposely eff the league. If he called another team with the same offer, I’m pretty sure lots of them take it in a heartbeat. The point is moot. Boogie’s intent was mean spirited, to extract revenge on the league. KD’s decision came from a place of insecurity and weakness, not hate.

Comment

Working...
                                X