No announcement yet.

Can we please give Bruno Caboclo one last shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This probably would not have happened in Toronto though. The environment is not right for it.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Kawhisexual wrote: View Post
      YOOOOOO

Memphis played bruno 28 minutes tonight and won against Indiana!!
      3-4 from three, 4 rebounds 1 assist, 1 steal and 2 blocks and +5 for +/-
      You are a prophet, Kawhisexual

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        You are a prophet, Kawhisexual
        You just wanted to say kawhisexual

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post
          Memphis might be a good environment for him. Once they move Gasol & Conley they'll be tanking, so it'll be a no pressure situation where he'll get consistent minutes and grow with the team. Only one game, but sure looking better than Malachi. Might be one summer away from a breakout season?
          His movement is so much more fluid now, hes not a baby deer anymore. Good for him.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            His movement is so much more fluid now, hes not a baby deer anymore. Good for him.
            I see confidence, poise & competence that we didn't see before. Maybe Bruno simply had to grow up, he was like a 14 year old kid mentally when he first landed in Toronto.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              I see confidence, poise & competence that we didn't see before. Maybe Bruno simply had to grow up, he was like a 14 year old kid mentally when he first landed in Toronto.
              well it was 2 years away from 2 years away. So right on time. We were just impatient
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                This probably would not have happened in Toronto though. The environment is not right for it.
                That is true. But in the slim chance that Leonard leaves and we go into rebuild, he would have been a perfect low-cost, low expectation, but with intriguing potential to keep around. Best environment for Bruno are rebuilding/low expectation teams that can grow with him, and that's exactly where Memphis is heading.

Bruno is a guy that is physically (and skillwise) ahead of where he is mentally. So the best environments for him are where no one is expecting anything, then he plays loose and fluid, which is why he was so good in the G-league. If Memphis simmer him right though, he could be a solid rotation piece one day though, he's still quite young.

Comment

I think Masai was wayyy too pressured by naysayers.. He shoulda just stayed with his initial decision

Trading Bruno for Malachi was pure wtf move

and we already invested 4 years with Bruno, why not just get rewarded for it :'(

Comment

I think Masai was wayyy too pressured by naysayers.. He shoulda just stayed with his initial decision

and we already invested 4 years with Bruno, why not just get rewarded for it :'(
                    He had 1 good game, guys..
                    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      well it was 2 years away from 2 years away. So right on time. We were just impatient
                      Nah. Dude knows he ain’t getting money for nothing anymore. It wouldn’t work in Toronto. He would still feel entitled here.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                        He had 1 good game, guys..
                        11 pts 1 ast 1 reb in 30 min lol. If a current raptor had a game like that hes "trash"

The prophecy has been fulfilled!!
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Drafting you was a pure wtf move

Comment

I just hope bruno stays around the league. It will exiting/fun to follow his carrer. Last year i found myself tuning into random kings now and now i will do the same with memphis. I funny to think what could have been but i just dont think it would ever work out here. It better for bruno that he moved on fron TO. Hopefully memphis converts his 10 day to a real contract or he plays well enough for another team to try him out. I cant wait till he returns to the acc and get a standing ovation for his 50 ish carrer points for the team
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

What was the cost of trading Bruno? He was available for pennies as an UFA last summer. We could have had him if we wanted - we moved on. If he ends up a useful bench piece like we'd hoped, good for him, but it's not exactly franchise altering. If he ends up a star, which seems impossibly unlikely, yeah, it would suck to have moved on from him.

Would Bruno get minutes here? Is he better than OG or Norm? Or even CJ? The answer is maybe, but probably not. And I'm not going to stress over Masai walking away from maybe the 11th best guy on this team.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make was that the Malachi trade has nothing to do with why he's not a Raptor right now. They were never going to extend him the QO, so he'd have been an UFA just like he ended up, and they'd have had the exact same opportunity to sign him, the exact opportunity they passed up.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                11 pts 1 ast 1 reb in 30 min lol. If a current raptor had a game like that hes "trash"

The prophecy has been fulfilled!!
                                It's the 3 threes, steal and 2 blocks that are interesting. Hard to find that kind of mix of shooting and D.

Can he do that nightly? Probably not. But it will be fun to see if he can forge a comeback story for himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X