Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kings @ Raptors Tuesday June 22nd on TSN at 7:00 (and other times elsewhere in the world)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    OG, Kawhi and Pascal all lost their dad's at a young age? Wow sucks for all three.
    Take it from someone who's dad died when I was 22... it sucks a lot and if you were close to them you need a good head on your shoulders to navigate out of that first year or 2
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

OG, Kawhi and Pascal all lost their dad's at a young age? Wow sucks for all three.
      FVV as well
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Make it four. FVV's father was killed when Fred was 5.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Make it four. FVV's father was killed when Fred was 5.
          Kyle never had a dad too, does that count?

Comment

JV was raised by his mom too. Dad was not in the picture.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Take it from someone who's dad died when I was 22... it sucks a lot and if you were close to them you need a good head on your shoulders to navigate out of that first year or 2
              Ya mine passed away at 26, I couldn't imagine it happening younger. To this day (10 years later) there is still things that come up. Major milestones that he's not at. Buying a home, Wedding day, birth of his grandkids, etc. I couldn't imagine being in the limelight, making money most people could never fathom and not have some of your family members there to see it.

Someone made a point that the regular person doesn't have the same option to take time off and get help long after the incident. Which is valid, but the regular person might not be operating at 100%, and definitely isn't watched by millions as the go about their work.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Damn depressing

2019 Raptors:

Comment

Shredder wrote: View Post
                  Ya mine passed away at 26, I couldn't imagine it happening younger. To this day (10 years later) there is still things that come up. Major milestones that he's not at. Buying a home, Wedding day, birth of his grandkids, etc. I couldn't imagine being in the limelight, making money most people could never fathom and not have some of your family members there to see it.

Someone made a point that the regular person doesn't have the same option to take time off and get help long after the incident. Which is valid, but the regular person might not be operating at 100%, and definitely isn't watched by millions as the go about their work.
                  And that's usually not really true if you have a decent employer. Most will give you a fair bit of time off at the time of passing..and I mean OG left for a week a few months later and is back now, most jobs with benefits and/or compassion are gonna let these issues work themselves out. I understand not everybody is in that situation and that's too bad because we all should be.

Cheers to you bro, thanks for sharing. Always nice to hear a human story come out from behind our basketball avatars.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    And that's usually not really true if you have a decent employer. Most will give you a fair bit of time off at the time of passing..and I mean OG left for a week a few months later and is back now, most jobs with benefits and/or compassion are gonna let these issues work themselves out. I understand not everybody is in that situation and that's too bad because we all should be.

Cheers to you bro, thanks for sharing. Always nice to hear a human story come out from behind our basketball avatars.
                    Totally correct, I was referencing the recent departure. Not everyone would get the time off, but any employer with compassion could justify a decline in productivity and the need for some extra time off.

But ya it's always nice to see that there are real people behind these avatars.

Comment

Kawhi sitting tonight. Makes sense, tomorrow's game needs him more.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Fuck
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I do multiple back to backs every week what's the problem?

Comment

It's scary how many kids are being raised in broken families around the World.

Comment

I do multiple back to backs every week what's the problem?
                              I once drank 11 straight days. Twas the calgary stampede of 2010.

Since that hangover I try to stay on load management program

Comment

It's all about that....

Comment

Working...
                                X