Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aren't the Raptors and Eveyone else Just playing for second ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, wade and bosh arent nobodies and wasnt ray allen on that team too?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Let's not open with that offer..
      ofc, but that offer would crush Lakers' offer imo
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        Dude, wade and bosh arent nobodies and wasnt ray allen on that team too?
        2016 not 2008

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
          2016 not 2008
          Lol, then who am i thinking of, oh yeah, irving and love, not nobodies either though.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            The Rockets took them to 7 games last season. Lebron + a bunch of nobodies beat them (and then gave them a good run for their money).

Boogie's a nice upgrade for them, but when you're that good any upgrade will have a marginal impact.

You never know what can happen. And I'd be ecstatic winning the ECF.
            I think 3 peat and Boogie means they won't be fooling around this year .. Something about 3 peat will have them focused

Comment

I love AD but guy hasnt proven anything in the playoffs... never has he gone deep.

He's injury prone...he has never played a full season. Do you wanna risk you future on this guy?

I mean anyone can get hurt, but this guy is more injury prone than anyone...

I dunno.. I guess you try but im not mortgaging the future for it... sorry i like what we have and gotta play risk management in case Kawhi leaves... granted it shows something to Kawhi that we are trying but if we fail he wont care and bolt anyways.

Its a HUGE RISK and for MLSE as a business they have to evaluate if they wanna risk it all for this...

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post
                I love AD but guy hasnt proven anything in the playoffs... never has he gone deep.

He's injury prone...he has never played a full season. Do you wanna risk you future on this guy?

I dunno.. I guess you try but im not mortgaging the future for it... sorry i like what we have and gotta play risk management in case Kawhi leaves... granted it shows something to Kawhi that we are trying but if we fail he wont care and bolt anyways.

Its a HUGE RISK and for MLSE as a business they have to evaluate if they wanna risk it all for this...
                Kawhi has played in 445 out of a possible 626 games. That's 71%.

Davis has played in 451 out of a possible 543 games. That's 83%.

Kawhi is far more "injury" prone and yet Masai still took a chance on him.

Comment

Risk running out of Jerseys to sell?

You get 2 of the top 5 players in a sport on your team and you don't turn a profit its your fault.

Comment

sanyo wrote: View Post

Disagree with literally everything about this post.

The fact that Davis has even dragged the dreadfully bad teams he's had in NOP to the playoffs at all is impressive. They also demolished the Blazers as an underdog, and didn't have nearly enough talent to compete with the better West teams in later rounds. Only LeBron singlehandedly makes his team a contender with shit pieces around him. Even he needed major help to win, and others need major help just to contend.

planetmars has already covered the injury thing. Davis gets a lot of minor injuries. No major concerns. And if we manage to keep JV, we have a big body who can take the physical pressure off him in bigger matchups.

Mortgaging what future? If Kawhi bolts, we have practically nothing. Lowry doesn't have much time left. I like our young players, but even if most of them get close to maxing out their potential, it's very unlikely any of them are ever as good as Leonard, Davis or possibly even Lowry. It took us over 20 years as a franchise to get one true superstar, and we might have an actual chance to put two on the same team when we have a roster built to win now. It's not like we'd have to trade all our young pieces for him. We only have to outbid our competition, not ourselves. This was a common mistake made in Kawhi speculations. You'd have Raps fans like "no way I'm giving up Pascal and OG", and in the end we didn't have to give up either. Now, I think we'd have to give up Pascal to try and tempt NOP into trading him now and not waiting out the season. Beyond that, it's hard to guess what else would have to be added, obviously other than a draft pick or two, which would likely have protections.

It's not a huge risk relative to our current position. Nothing is more profitable than winning championships and financially they've already invested in that kind of attempt this year. This would give them a better chance to win this year, and likely a better chance to retain Kawhi which would give them more chances for deep playoff runs and higher profits. The risk is well worth it.
                    Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Jan 30, 2019, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Yes barring injuries. You never know... Curry might slip. Draymond and KD punch each other in the jaw and breaking them.

Comment

Theres no risk in getting AD by the way. Literally anyone on the roster can be replaced except for Kawhi. Siakam is nice, but borderline all-star at best. We are not going to be giving up future HOFs for AD.

Comment

Warriors are still the favourite, but Masai should just be concerned with putting the best team he can put together and getting the finals.

Injuries and what not. Who knows what Warriors team you'll face.

Kawhi and Davis is a devestating front 2 to go at Curry and Durant. And Kyle Lowry moving down to our #3 removes his biggest weakness (getting buckets) and let's all the great stuff he does (run our offense, boost our bench) be his focus.

It would be a fearsome team, if they stay healthy and gel.

And who knows. If Kawhi was leaning towards leaving right now, perhaps getting Davis convinces him to do a 1 + 1, just to see what this team can do the next 2 years. Its probably the best situation for him as well.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                            Honestly this is a far better offer than what Lakers can offer

JV + Wright + OG + Pascal + 2021 First + 2019 Second + 2020 Second
                            for
                            Davis + Clark
                            I would not do this trade at all. Man, are you serious ?
                            both JV and Pascal. I think they are idiots if they do not accept such an offer and on the other hand, we are doing nothing but tearing our team apart. Bear in mind that K Leonard will not stay next year.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

Expectations (not goal) should be a good showing in the ECF. Winning that and a finals appearance and I'd be ecstatic. Any of the Raptors, Bucks, Celtics and even 76ers could make the finals and it woudn't be mind blowing.

Winning it all? Would be an unbelievable acheivement in the first year of Kawhi and after all these injuries.

Masai's gonna make a change or two, there should be zero doubt about that. Minor or major, he HAS to tinker.

Comment

If we gut our team for one player and him or Kawhi get hurt you are setting the team back years. 20 win seasons were not fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X