Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 53: Milwaukee Bucks @ Toronto Raptors - Thurs January 31, 8pm ET - TSN1/4/5 + TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury wrote: View Post
    The Raptors SWEPT the Wizards in their regular season series back in 2015. What's your point?
    That’s exactly my point. They swept them in the regular season and Philly looked “dominant” against the Warriors in the regular season.

Comment

• If you needed an actual point to post on RR, 87.5% of the posts would disappear. Where's the fun in that?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        My only concern now is the same as it's been since November: the approach this year has been way too casual. Resting guys all the time, forcing bizarre lineups on the floor for 'load management'. That all might be great for injury prevention but the downside has been that this team has no chemistry and no rhythm on the floor because they haven't played together and they haven't taken the regular season seriously enough. You can't only decide to show up when you play Golden State. Now, they've fallen into bad habits and first and foremost is the bad habit of going through the motions and turning it on when they feel like it - they got away with it for awhile but it's failing them now as other teams hit their stride.

Management and the coaching staff need to shift focus and start worrying less about babying Leonard and his camp and more about crafting a championship on the court.
        30 games or so to go. 37 and 16 so far. PFG.
        No one runs flat out for the 82 game season.

The start with all hands on deck was PFG. Then came load mgmt... injuries....lineup experiments and the culmulative affect of those things are that the Raps are in a flat spot right now. Safe to say Ujiri is not dismantling the team because of the last few games. If he makes a move my bet is it will be for some more shooting. Just like pitching or defenseman or cold beer or money you can't have enough shooting.

Post The trade deadline and the ASG, Nick Nurse with a less compressed schedule and more practice time will shorten his bench to a degree and settle in the 9 guys who are going to play in April, May and hopefully June. When JV gets the all clear the pieces will be all back and Nurse and Co will build the team back to where it was out of the gate.

This heart on the sleeve homer thinks that we again see the well oiled machine that came out of the gate ready to go come tip time at 12:30 on the opening Saturday of the playoffs.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Agreed. I don't mind the resting Kawhi but we have definitely been taking the regular season too lightly in my opinion. Golden State can do shit like that and then just show up for the playoffs, they're proven and have the talent and have been together for a bit. Raptors do not have that luxury and I think we need to start getting serious like now. There's not much games left for us to get this chemistry going.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Raptor fans 2 months ago: "It's all about the playoffs! Get there rested and healthy! 1st seed is not an issue! Tired of going in banged up!"

Raptors fans today: "We're not taking this serious enough! No more rest for anybody! We're not even gonna get 1st seed!'
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              A tough loss against a quality opponent..
              Seems every game that we all know is a litmus test game....the same excuses come up.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Raptor fans 2 months ago: "It's all about the playoffs! Get there rested and healthy! 1st seed is not an issue! Tired of going in banged up!"

Raptors fans today: "We're not taking this serious enough! No more rest for anybody! We're not even gonna get 1st seed!'
                Thats a bullshit post Keon and you know it.

This team looks like dogshit right now. It can get better sure, but lets not call it anything but what it is.

Comment

• 14-9 since the win in GS. Since Jan 6 we’ve lost to every plus .500 team we’ve played.
                  Let that marinate a little bit fellas.

Comment

• Denver v Houston 83-71 at half

Comment

• Nuggets eh....... they do have the best big in the game

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        Let that marinate a little bit fellas.
                        14-9 and no wins over > .500 teams since JV went down.

How's that marinated JV crow tasting?

Comment

• The Stiff?
                          What about him?
                          Toronto needs him, he's a good role player and he sets good screens....he's sill a stiff, don't get confused.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            The Stiff?
                            What about him?
                            Toronto needs him, he's a good role player and he sets good screens....he's sill a stiff, don't get confused.

A very useful stiff that gets buckets and rebounds, too..

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

meanwhile Casey
                              Thanks for posting that! I can't stop laughing....and I needed that after Thursday night.

Comment

• Mitch P wrote: View Post
                                Thanks for posting that! I can't stop laughing....and I needed that after Thursday night.
                                View this post on Instagram

Who did it better?

A post shared by Basketball Forever (@basketballforever) on

Comment

Working...
                                X