X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Should RR trade Shaolin?

Comment

Trade Kawhi, Ibaka and Lowry for picks and cap relief and start building around Boucher and Siakim???????

Just kidding. But I like Boucher. Watched him at a 905 game and he dominated at that level. Didn't really play organized ball till he was 18 or 19. Just a few years ago. Could grow into something. Remember how skinny AD was coming into the league? Boucher could still gain 25 pounds.(And seriously needs to)

Comment

Alright. Last time you'll see me on this site. Enjoy the DanH cult.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          I think the last time you took an extended absence was after another one of my jokey posts. Did you notice the part of my comment where I said "Just kidding?"

Ahh it was probably because RandomGuy suggested trading you. Sorry you take these comments so seriously. You could try ignoring people who's opinions you disagree with, instead of trying so hard to convince them to go along with your opinions.

Comment

I usually disagree with you.. but dissent is the best part of an active discussion.... and you bring up points that warrant discussion....Please don't stop your posts...

Should we trade Leonard...for me.. no... but there is absolutely no harm in asking a what if...on what you could get for your best asset...
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Feb 4, 2019, 10:40 AM.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Bye Felicia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I enjoy reading your posts.

Comment

Comment

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                      I enjoy reading your posts.
                      I dont, it's not just the bad content alone, it's that the handle always reminds me that The Get Down was cancelled, and I was really hoping for a season 3.
                      Last edited by Quirk; Tue Feb 5, 2019, 05:58 AM.

Comment

No

Comment

This doesn’t look like a title contender. Barely playing above .500 the last 30 games. It might be wise to play the lakers and clippers against each other and get whatever assets we can get for him. Should explore moving Lowry and ibaka as well.
                          Isn't this like Poker ? The more the season goes on and it seems a Final isn't even close to be a reality ( ie the Buck look unstoppable ) do you fold ( do you be a seller at the trading deadline ) or do you keep putting more chips in and lose and your out of the game ..

Comment

I'm not covering all my bases. It's a very simple and straightforward stance. Idgaf about being able to say "I told you so" I want what's best for this franchise.

I wanted to trade for Kawhi, in fact I was the first one here to propose the idea of moving DeRozan+ for him. The problem is we don't look like an actual title contending team and it doesn't look at all likely that he'll stay. Stars want to play with other stars and there isn't one on this roster to pair him with at the moment.

So my feeling is if we can't acquire a seriously high impact player or star at the deadline to elevate us to title contending level we should deal him at the risk of just losing him for nothing in the summer.
                            Sadly, the real world doesn't work this way. People who thought there was some magical Plan B with Leonard were only fooling themselves. The plan was real simple: try to get to the Finals with Kawhi and win. Whether or not you can re-sign him was the risk part of the equation. Toronto accepted that risk when a lot of other teams wouldn't. And it's a risk they couldn't hedge.

Let's look at this way. You are the board of directors of a major company that is very successful. Your CEO comes to you with a major plan: huge risk but there is a good possibility of a huge reward. You circle up and back the CEO. 7 months later he tells you that the entire plan won't work and you need to effect an entirely different major plan completely different from either of the other two plans? What do you do? In that scenario, it's pretty much unimaginable that anyone agrees to that and likely the CEO is fired - as he should be. Even if Masai wanted to pull the chute he can't. He owns this one for good or bad. There is no escape hatch.

Comment

I didn't even know you were on it....my day won't change..... but then, I exist on a whol edifferent astral plane....

I also can't spell gud

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                                The plan was real simple: try to get to the Finals with Kawhi and win. Whether or not you can re-sign him was the risk part of the equation.
                                100%

So easily people forget, and I can't understand why. It may be a bitter pill, but the guys we all loved, weren't good enough, and still aren't. Masai made this move as a TANK MOVE. If Leonard stays, great, if not, Toronto got to get out from under Derozans contract and start over because he ain't winning you a Title. Lowry, is DEFINITELY not winning you a title, and ther was nobody past them worth mentioning in that conversation.

This year is a waste because of a few things;

- CJ Miles turned into a buring piece of garbage.
                                - The Stiff gt his thumb ripped off..... odds are he will not come back any place close to where he was.
                                - VanVleet has decided that a contract means he can go back to being an undrafted piece of shit
                                - Lowry is fat, entitled, juvenile, and an awful embarrassment in a year where he had a chance to go deep.
                                - OG has been mourning his dad now for 5 months. Sorry, thats too long.

The new guys bring it.
                                Norm is bringing it.
                                The stiffs Wright, Monroe...they are what you expect.... but not horriffic, but relied upon to be top tier players because the big money guys don't bring it every night.

This team had a chance to make this season special, hell, still could. But moreso, on many nights where it counts, they give you a real glimps as to why Masai was happy to tear it all down.

Comment

Working...
                                X