Also, Kawhi gonna resign with us

Comment

Short answer: no

Long answer: definitely not

Comment

lol

Comment

trade him for AD

Toronto has played very well without Kawhi in the lineup, trade the guy for AD, and then you have that same squad, the one that kills without Kawhi, but now with the Best youong big in the NBA.

roll out:

Fat Kyle
          Danny G
          Pascal the Rascale
          AD
          The chef

Fucking deadly.
          Last edited by Superjudge; Sat Feb 2, 2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

You guys can keep laughing, but if we don't acquire a second star (we have 1 star on this team right now, not 2 like some seem to think) we have no chance of advancing to the finals or winning the title.

Barring that I'd engage the Clippers in trade talks. Kawhi for Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and a 1st round pick. We can still compete for the rest of the season and get knocked out in the playoffs like we're going to anyway. Then we can move Gallinari, Lowry and Ibaka's expirings in the summer potentially for picks and young assets.

Comment

Oh, we can keep laughing? Great.

Hahaha.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I actually like my idea Dan.
                Toronto matches up better with Milwaukee with my idea.

They also win the Championship

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  I actually like my idea Dan.
                  Toronto matches up better with Milwaukee with my idea.

They also win the Championship
                  You didn't really make up a trade though. You just said trade Kawhi for Davis. Which the Pelicans wont do because if you think convincing Kawhi to sign with us would be hard, there is no way in hell he signs with the Pelicans. So while it sounds nice in theory it is a pipedream.

Comment

alls i got is dreams bud.

hahaha

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      Just think Shao, you'll be so happy when it all goes awry so you can say I told you so.

Let's see this thing through brother.
                      How can Shaolin be the one to say "I told you so" about getting Kawhi, when he was screaming the loudest that Masai absolutely had to take a massive risk in the off-season. Dude was practically having a nervous breakdown about how urgent it was to do something drastic.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        You guys can keep laughing, but if we don't acquire a second star (we have 1 star on this team right now, not 2 like some seem to think) we have no chance of advancing to the finals or winning the title.

Barring that I'd engage the Clippers in trade talks. Kawhi for Gallinari, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and a 1st round pick. We can still compete for the rest of the season and get knocked out in the playoffs like we're going to anyway. Then we can move Gallinari, Lowry and Ibaka's expirings in the summer potentially for picks and young assets.
                        Kyle was supposed to be that second star, and if his back was not such a significant issue this year, he probably would be scoring like one. The plan (bring Kawhi over, pair him with Lowry) was fine.

Here's the other thing about the plan, however: the backdoor exit to the plan (trade Kawhi at the deadline) was contingent on the main plan (trade for Kawhi and make a run at the finals) being a clear and total washout. The trade has been phenomenally successful, in terms of timing and in terms of outcome: Danny Green has been a phenomenal addition. Moving Serge to the 5 and platooning him with JV there has been remarkably successful at getting the best out of both players. Pascal Siakim has emerged as a bona-fide starter (and possible future all-star) at the 4, and on top of all that, Kawhi is *back*.

Any GM worth his salt will always be listening to all offers (even the ridiculous ones), but actively shopping Kawhi now sends the wrong message to your current players - "we don't believe in you" - *and* it also sends the wrong message to other teams - "we don't believe in Kawhi" - and would drive his value down significantly enough (because of the perception that we are dumping him) that we aren't likely to get the sort of return we're looking for. (Things may change somewhat in this respect if Anthony Davis gets traded before the deadline, but now is definitely not the time to position yourself as trying to sell a distressed asset.) If the Clippers offer *us* that package, then we listen, but there may be better options out there from a win-now perspective before the deadline (e.g. if Jrue Holiday is in play for us at a reasonable price).

(Also, let's not forget that we will be getting JV back soon, which will have a positive ripple effect on the rest of the team: Ibaka plays fewer minutes, Siakam plays at the 4 exclusively, Leonard plays less at the 4 and more at the 3, and so on. Kyle may even be able to take some maintenance days (if he can be convinced to actually take them).)

We do need to be clear: not trading Kawhi *does* mean we get nothing if he leaves in the summer, which would be hard to stomach from an asset management perspective. Holding on to him is a risk, and we have to make it through two of the Bucks, Philly, and the Celtics for that risk to pay off. But the worst-case plan always was letting Kawhi walk if things don't work out, and I am fine with taking that risk given the potential upside remaining this season/post-season.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          How can Shaolin be the one to say "I told you so" about getting Kawhi, when he was screaming the loudest that Masai absolutely had to take a massive risk in the off-season. Dude was practically having a nervous breakdown about how urgent it was to do something drastic.
                          He's covering all the bases. Genius if you think about it!

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                            He's covering all the bases. Genius if you think about it!
                            I'm not covering all my bases. It's a very simple and straightforward stance. Idgaf about being able to say "I told you so" I want what's best for this franchise.

I wanted to trade for Kawhi, in fact I was the first one here to propose the idea of moving DeRozan+ for him. The problem is we don't look like an actual title contending team and it doesn't look at all likely that he'll stay. Stars want to play with other stars and there isn't one on this roster to pair him with at the moment.

So my feeling is if we can't acquire a seriously high impact player or star at the deadline to elevate us to title contending level we should deal him at the risk of just losing him for nothing in the summer.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              I'm not covering all my bases. It's a very simple and straightforward stance. Idgaf about being able to say "I told you so" I want what's best for this franchise.

I wanted to trade for Kawhi, in fact I was the first one here to propose the idea of moving DeRozan+ for him. The problem is we don't look like an actual title contending team and it doesn't look at all likely that he'll stay. Stars want to play with other stars and there isn't one on this roster to pair him with at the moment.

So my feeling is if we can't acquire a seriously high impact player or star at the deadline to elevate us to title contending level we should deal him at the risk of just losing him for nothing in the summer.
                              "The problem is we don't look like an actual title contending team"
                              But that's THIS week. A few weeks ago we DID lol. Gotta chill and watch what deal Masai WILL do, minor or major

Comment

I dont know how you plan to trade him for when he’s free agent in summer. 30 games left in a season. Be realistic.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X