Game 55: Raps @ 76ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    With the team at the Clippers game or back home eating North Philly cheese-steaks?
    The latter. Lowry's extra curricular commitment to the team has been about as consistent as his shooting this year
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      If there wasn't some sort of frustration with this, you'd think most of us would be happy for him to step up for the 76ers game and then rest against the Hawks and Knicks.
      Yeah... its one thing to say fight the good fight and keep everyone healthy for when it matters in April...but fans are fans and they want to see their team kick the ass of rivals ...even if its in February with the week long break of the ASG in sight.

Kyle is a competitive and an abrasive guy.. its who he is.. he isn't changing anytime soon....Let Mrs. Lowry wrestle with that ..

That he sees that the team needs him more against the Hinkies than they do against either the Hawks and Knicks is pure Kyle.. that its in his hometown and on TNT doesn't hurt either but I am going with he thinks he can suck it up for one game .. kick Phillys ass tonight and then deal with whatever pain he has with days off and continued treatment .

Kyle and JV provide whatever sandpaper the Raps have..... you need that on the road ....
      Remember that screen he laid on John COllins or Bembry a couple weeks back...Whoever it was is probably still wondering how a 6 foot guy put them on their ass.

Think he plays well tonight and the Raps silence some criticisms with a win tonight at the Wells Fargo Centre...
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Feb 5, 2019, 01:17 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

They confirmed Lowry is playing only tonight and sitting the next 2?
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          Kyle is good to go
          Of course lol
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            No...someone above just cynically (not necessarily undeservedly) posted that that is what they expect to happen.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              This is bullshit. If he's injured he shouldn't be playing. If he isn't injured he should be playing.

I got the Kawhi stuff at the start of the year as he was coming off injury and hadn't played much in a year and a half but what's been going on since Jan 1 is garbage. This load management stuff is biting them in the ass.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                This is bullshit. If he's injured he shouldn't be playing. If he isn't injured he should be playing.

I got the Kawhi stuff at the start of the year as he was coming off injury and hadn't played much in a year and a half but what's been going on since Jan 1 is garbage. This load management stuff is biting them in the ass.
                Easy, slaw. Abbas just made that Lowry stuff up. lol.

But damn, if he actually does do that, then yeah, he's clearly trolling Kawhi and franchise.

Comment

It wouldn't surprised me if Lowry miss the next few games after this.

If they were playing the Hawks tonight, he'd probably just sit because he's "injured"

He'll he at the All-Star game though.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Easy, slaw. Abbas just made that Lowry stuff up. lol.

But damn, if he actually does do that, then yeah, he's clearly trolling Kawhi and franchise.
                    This load management crap has put me on edge..... maybe I should take a few days off work to rest.

Comment

Wall out for a year. Ruptured Achilles.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Holy fuck, he was already recovering from a different injury
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          This load management crap has put me on edge..... maybe I should take a few days off work to rest.
                          Or have a chat with your wife. lol.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

How did they sweep us? I mean, I know how....but how? Please don't answer.

Comment

It's a players league. Can't do anything about it but just be frustrated. With regards to Kawhi it's the team trying their best to keep him. He fell out of favour with the Spurs because of how they treated his injury. So if giving him rest and skipping games can show him love from the Raptors organization you do it.

With regards to Lowry.. he will play balls out for you on the court. It's why he's one of the best Raptors to ever put on a Raptors uniform. But he's also pretty predicable. He won't miss games when his family will watch. And he'll definitely be there for the ASG. Hurt elbow/arm or back. He'll be there.

He'll also play in the playoffs when he's not 100% though.

But what can you do? Lowry at this point in his career has become injury prone. He's a 6'0, 32 year old PG that leads the league in charges year over year. This is the Lowry we signed up for. This is the Lowry that finally got this team success after 20 years of basically garbage play.

His contract ends in a couple of years though. And when he retires should still get his number retired.

Comment

Did you expect to see any coverage of tonight's big eastern conference matchup?

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X