Likes Likes:  53
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
Results 301 to 315 of 315

Thread: Game 56: Raps @ Hawks

  1. #301
    Raptors Republic All-Star DogeLover1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,370
    Likes (Given)
    279
    Likes (Received)
    395

    Default

    Plus Nurse doesnt have many bodies. At this point its like youth sports

  2. #302
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    13,761
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1041

    Default

    Quote DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Why wouldnt he? It shouldnt take that long for the trade to processes right?
    I dunno maybe they'd want him to get a practice or two under his belt first but yea you guys are probably right
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

  3. #303
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MixxAOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    12,078
    Likes (Given)
    1831
    Likes (Received)
    3510

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I dunno maybe they'd want him to get a practice or two under his belt first but yea you guys are probably right
    It's Knicks. It's already a practice
    GASOLINE!!!

  4. Likes sanyo, GOLDBLUM, Zak24gege liked this post
  5. #304
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    13,761
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1041

    Default

    Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    It's Knicks. It's already a practice
    Lol true! Also why waste time when we don't have much time to get him acclimated anyway and are down a few bodies.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

  6. #305
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    4,315
    Likes (Given)
    51
    Likes (Received)
    269

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Lol true! Also why waste time when we don't have much time to get him acclimated anyway and are down a few bodies.
    and to be fair much of the bench has been stripped away.

    CJ, JV, Wright and Moose are all gone.

    so i dont see why gasol couldnt pick it up with og, powell and fvv.

    hopefully they can land ellington too, would be a solid 5 (interchange gasol with ibaka on the bench line).

  7. #306
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Posts
    11,345
    Likes (Given)
    868
    Likes (Received)
    2112

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Lol true! Also why waste time when we don't have much time to get him acclimated anyway and are down a few bodies.
    “A few bodies”? We only have two-thirds of a team! hahaha

  8. Likes GOLDBLUM liked this post
  9. #307
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,433
    Likes (Given)
    48
    Likes (Received)
    472

    Default

    Sad hearing Norm in a monotone interview trying to say the patented "excited for a great player to be coming here" while also acknowledging there "are a few players (Wright and JV) leaving here that don't want to leave Toronto"

    I didn't know he and Wright were that tight either.
    Last edited by G__Deane; Fri Feb 8th, 2019 at 10:56 AM.

  10. #308
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,427
    Likes (Given)
    4347
    Likes (Received)
    7555

    Default

    Quote G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Sad hearing Norm in a monotone interview trying to say the patented "excited for a great player to be coming here" while also acknowledging there "are a few players (Wright and JV) leaving here that don't want to leave Toronto"

    I didn't know he and Wright were that tight either.
    Norms always monotone. I've never heard him talk any different. Seems to be a running theme on this team..
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

  11. #309
    Raptors Republic Superstar Just Is's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    2,683
    Likes (Given)
    8180
    Likes (Received)
    1009

    Default

    The vibe that I keep getting from interviews with Raptors players as well as their social media stuff ... they're all really close. I don't know if it's just a Toronto team thing but it's something that's been very noticeable to me.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

  12. #310
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,427
    Likes (Given)
    4347
    Likes (Received)
    7555

    Default

    Quote Just Is wrote: View Post
    The vibe that I keep getting from interviews with Raptors players as well as their social media stuff ... they're all really close. I don't know if it's just a Toronto team thing but it's something that's been very noticeable to me.
    The continuity helps. Most of them came up together. And then for the vets Danny is easy to get along with and Serge is a character
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

  13. #311
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,636
    Likes (Given)
    1039
    Likes (Received)
    3787

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    The continuity helps. Most of them came up together. And then for the vets Danny is easy to get along with and Serge is a character
    Character-wise, Ibaka is a completely different person from when he got here. Like total 180 personality change, for the better.

  14. #312
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,427
    Likes (Given)
    4347
    Likes (Received)
    7555

    Default

    Quote golden wrote: View Post
    Character-wise, Ibaka is a completely different person from when he got here. Like total 180 personality change, for the better.
    100% I love the guy. When he came in I thought he acted defensive, chip on his shoulder, some ego. Now I see him kind of playing the wacky uncle on the team and hes relaxed in his role not trying to be the star acquisition coming in.

    I too am concerned of the minutes crunch I've seen mentioned, with 3 of our 5 best players having positional overlap and all needing a few minutes at the 5, certainly only 2 of the 3 on the court at once. I suspect it will be Serge getting squeezed the most as we see him get the old 18 JV minutes and gasol getting the Serge minutes
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

  15. #313
    Raptors Republic Superstar Just Is's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    2,683
    Likes (Given)
    8180
    Likes (Received)
    1009

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    100% I love the guy. When he came in I thought he acted defensive, chip on his shoulder, some ego. Now I see him kind of playing the wacky uncle on the team and hes relaxed in his role not trying to be the star acquisition coming in.

    I too am concerned of the minutes crunch I've seen mentioned, with 3 of our 5 best players having positional overlap and all needing a few minutes at the 5, certainly only 2 of the 3 on the court at once. I suspect it will be Serge getting squeezed the most as we see him get the old 18 JV minutes and gasol getting the Serge minutes
    JV being such a team player was so damn helpful in regards to this issue. Hopefully; Gasol's similar.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

  16. #314
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    28,011
    Likes (Given)
    2739
    Likes (Received)
    7124

    Default



  17. #315
    Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,716
    Likes (Given)
    1264
    Likes (Received)
    1269

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •