Likes Likes:  245
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Marc Gasol

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Why people so upset about giving up a guy that played 19min/g and has missed half the season so far? Delon/CJ were out of the rotation anyways. This trade is a steal!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Remember how you cried and ate ice cream and watched the notebook for a week when DeMar left? Theres a lot of jv "fanboys" here, myself included. This one hurts for us
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Step back and appreciate how crazy the Raptors starting lineup is how compared to July. 5 years of evaluating and steadiness and many complained about that...well, here we are
    - Top 5 player
    - Two top 30 players
    - Siakam might even be top 30 himself
    - One of the top 5 3+D guys in the league
    - Two starters from last year (Ibaka, OG) coming off the bench with FVV and Powell still in the rotation

We just need another 3+D wing off the pine and we're set.

3. Likes KeonClark, Rudy Bargnani liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why people so upset about giving up a guy that played 19min/g and has missed half the season so far? Delon/CJ were out of the rotation anyways. This trade is a steal!

Because JV is supremely overrated here because DanH has hyped his Kanter/Vucevic lookalike play for the past who knows how long, and people just eat up whatever he says even when it's clearly wrong.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Remember how you cried and ate ice cream and watched the notebook for a week when DeMar left? Theres a lot of jv "fanboys" here, myself included. This one hurts for us
    No, I don't remembe. Raps got the better player in trade. Just like they did now. All they had to give up are two rotation players and an energy big. Not like we gave up an all-star or something. The couldn't crack 20mins

@Chr1st1anL

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I think you are seriously underestimating Marc Gasol.... this isn't about how productive he is in limited minutes vs. JV. Gasol is a next level player, JV isn't.
    The other thing this does that people are overlooking is possibly relegates Lowry to 3rd option. Way less pressure on him and he can thrive in that role. It's when he has to be #2 or even 1B like he has in the past that he tends to come up smaller than mini-me. Even if he does still we can afford him not scoring somewhat since Gasol should be able to carry a pretty heavy load in the playoffs (ditto for Pascal to a lesser extent).

7. Likes KeonClark liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like JV but Gasol is a premier team defender and he's going to have a much easier time offensively now that he's surrounded by others who can carry the heavy load. He's also historically been a tremendous playoff performer. This is a terrific move. Losing JV hurts a little cause he grew up here but moving Wright and Miles hurts Raps not at all. Now we wait to see if Raps can land Mathews to round out that second unit.
    I sure hope you're right. This would have been a great trade for Toronto 4 years ago, but in 2019 it mostly looks like a good trade for Memphis.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Because JV is supremely overrated here because DanH has hyped his Kanter/Vucevic lookalike play for the past who knows how long, and people just eat up whatever he says even when it's clearly wrong.
    Oh yeah I forgot that majority of people here just go off what DanH says.

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer KeonClark's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No, I don't remembe. Raps got the better player in trade. Just like they did now. All they had to give up are two rotation players and an energy big. Not like we gave up an all-star or something. The couldn't crack 20mins

Most of us arent sad about the result. Well, some are. As I tried to explain, some of us just really liked JV and its bittersweet
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

11. Likes Shredder liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Christian always hated JV lol. He wanted to trade him for that broken back dude from Houston.

13. Likes iblastoff liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hope Gasol's efficiency goes up on a better team. His efficiency stats have been pretty underwhelming the last couple of years. And he's had Conley all year this year too.

Raptors Republic Superstar Primer's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post

When the fuck did JV ever average 24.5 points and 13.8 rebounds?

This ass clown is comparing PER36 numbers, which is fucking retarded and pretty much the worst analysis possible.

16. Likes Shaolin Fantastic liked this post
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Or, you know, because he was drafted here. Because we watched him play hard for the organization for years and never complain. Because he was a fun interview. Because he seemed like a really good guy. Because he wore his heart on his sleeve. Because he cared about the organization. Because he was a big part of the best Raptors teams ever assembled.

But at the end, we like him because he is likable. It's a really good life lesson to keep in mind.

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    When the fuck did JV ever average 24.5 points and 13.8 rebounds?

This ass clown is comparing PER36 numbers, which is fucking retarded and pretty much the worst analysis possible.
    Says "per 75 team possessions" in the tweet.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Or, you know, because he was drafted here. Because we watched him play hard for the organization for years and never complain. Because he was a fun interview. Because he seemed like a really good guy. Because he wore his heart on his sleeve. Because he cared about the organization. Because he was a big part of the best Raptors teams ever assembled.

But at the end, we like him because he is likable. It's a really good life lesson to keep in mind.
    You can be sad he's gone. What is BS is this crap of acting like Memphis got the better player. Seriously like only a Raptors fan who blindly loves JV would think that.

Raptors Republic Superstar Primer's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Says "per 75 team possessions" in the tweet.
    I'm on basketball reference right now and it is same as the PER36 numbers. So that tweet is beyond useless for comparing them.

Raptors Republic All-Star Truth Teller's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

JV was under utilized but I bet you Gasol will get the ball when hes open whereas JV sometimes didnt.

Raptors Republic All-Star Truth Teller's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think you are seriously underestimating Marc Gasol.... this isn't about how productive he is in limited minutes vs. JV. Gasol is a next level player, JV isn't.
    In the playoffs, I trust Gasol more than JV. People are forgetting that playoffs are a different beast. Some players are more wired in. I like JV and thought he was underutilized, but Gasol doesnt miss easy tipins in important games.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    JV was under utilized but I bet you Gasol will get the ball when hes open whereas JV sometimes didnt.
    Why do you think that is? Players have more respect for him. Because he is the better player.

@Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think SF understands what "likable" means.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last time Gasol was in the playoffs

19.3/6.5reb/4.2ast on 47/58

@Chr1st1anL

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information