No announcement yet.

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the fuck for is Nurse doing this? We got 20+ games left. Quit it with the bullshit Raps need to develop chemistry.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      It's undeniable after one game? What is undeniable is that Nurse has a tough decision to make because both Serge and Pascal have been great this season. One of them has to go to the bench.
      It's actually really easy. Start your best players at each position.

Comment

• I think we get good balance bringing him off the bench, better than we get bringing Ibaka off the bench. Pretty similar to the situation with Serge and Jonas.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          I think we get good balance bringing him off the bench, better than we get bringing Ibaka off the bench. Pretty similar to the situation with Serge and Jonas.
          Why does the bench matter? You can still stagger Kyle Kawhi and Marc.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            Why does the bench matter? You can still stagger Kyle Kawhi and Marc.
            Exactly. Everyone needs to stop worrying about the bench. The bench only matters during the regular season and it's almost over. And just like you said you can stagger some of the starters to play with the bench. It's really not that serious. I rather our starters be really good. Especially with some of these good starting lineups in the East like Philly and Milwaukee. You're not trying to get down 10 or more against those teams early.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• gasol on the bench is an even bigger waste than JV on the bench.

So many great passes to players who can't capitalize, so little presence inside offensively or on the boards. Beyond that, with the exception of a few nice poke-aways, I saw very little defensively that JV didn't already do better this season.

Gasol needs to be the hub of your offence to be effective. Do we really expect Nick Nurse to incorporate that in 20 games? Because if not, Masai traded for a guy who is definitively worse at the things we needed.

Comment

• Home opener for Marc tonight

Comment

• I guess you can count this as take this as sign that he's coming back next year. Although little kids are pretty mobile, it's a big move it were just for the next few months. Welcome to TO

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    I guess you can count this as take this as sign that he's coming back next year. Although little kids are pretty mobile, it's a big move it were just for the next few months. Welcome to TO

he has a $25M player option, of course he's staying next year

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      he has a $25M player option, of course he's staying next year
                      Who says we don't trade him over the summer.

It's a telling move either way/

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Lowry, Leonard, Siakam, Ibaka and Serge are what I'm expecting. If nothing else I think DG and Siakam may be the ones switching in and out of the starting line-up.

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                          Who says we don't trade him over the summer.

It's a telling move either way/
                          Having Gasol changes plans a bit.

If Kawhi walks in the summer, the Raps may simply role the dice for half a season + pick someone up in free agency and see what they have there. If they truly are going to be less than sub 600 team (which is essentially a treadmill team) by the All-Star break than things will start moving.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            It's actually really easy. Start your best players at each position.
                            Manu Ginobli begs to differ.

I think Gasol ends up starting at C, but the Ginobli role off the bench is something I think he could excel at.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Manu Ginobli begs to differ.

I think Gasol ends up starting at C, but the Ginobli role off the bench is something I think he could excel at.
                              Ginobili is the exception that proves the rule, and even with that, the concept of 6th man has basically always been to avoid having too many high usage scorers on the court at once, thereby taking the ball away from someone who needs it.

That does not apply here.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Ginobili is the exception that proves the rule, and even with that, the concept of 6th man has basically always been to avoid having too many high usage scorers on the court at once, thereby taking the ball away from someone who needs it.

That does not apply here.
                                Thank you! I hate when people point to Ginobli as an example. He is a very rare case
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X