Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Ginobili is the exception that proves the rule, and even with that, the concept of 6th man has basically always been to avoid having too many high usage scorers on the court at once, thereby taking the ball away from someone who needs it.

That does not apply here.
    What did Ginobili excel at that made him such a great fit coming off the bench? Because I see Gasol as being a great creator for others and scoring threat. I'm not saying Gasol is going to come off the bench and in fact I would like to see him start, but I see a really good fit for him off the bench if he was willing to.

Who would make the bench a better unit, Gasol or Ibaka?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      Lowry, Leonard, Siakam, Ibaka and Serge are what I'm expecting. If nothing else I think DG and Siakam may be the ones switching in and out of the starting line-up.
      Double Trouble!!!

Comment

What did Ginobili excel at that made him such a great fit coming off the bench? Because I see Gasol as being a great creator for others and scoring threat. I'm not saying Gasol is going to come off the bench and in fact I would like to see him start, but I see a really good fit for him off the bench if he was willing to.

Who would make the bench a better unit, Gasol or Ibaka?
        Of course, Gasol would make bench better. Because he's a better player. But we need his talents with starters more so than bench
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Manu Ginobli begs to differ.

I think Gasol ends up starting at C, but the Ginobli role off the bench is something I think he could excel at.
          But why are you so worried about the bench? Who cares about the bench. The focus should be on what player Serge or Gasol makes the starters a better unit. And the answer is Gasol. Teams barely play their bench when the playoffs come around so they're not as important. Also with Lin coming now you don't need Gasol's playmaking off the bench as much anymore anyway.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I think that is what will end up happening that Gasol will start.

It's just we have a lot of talented players on the roster and spreading out some of the talent may equal better overall production. I dunno just throwing shit at the wall an hoping it sticks.

Comment

I think that is what will end up happening that Gasol will start.

It's just we have a lot of talented players on the roster and spreading out some of the talent may equal better overall production. I dunno just throwing shit at the wall an hoping it sticks.
              I’d rather the most talented lineup plays in the Playoffs and thats Kyle, Danny, Kawhi, Pascal and Gasol. You can always move around the players and sub Ibaka in for Gasol early in the game and play Gasol again with the bench.

Comment

I think that is what will end up happening that Gasol will start.
                Whether he starts or just plays a lot of minutes with the starters and finishes games, I really, really want to see Gasol develop some chemistry there.

The offense with the starters, which has been good, has been limited to Lowry initiating in p'n'rs, Kawhi ISO's, and occasionally FVV dribbling into traffic just to mix things up.

I think this has put a pretty heavy load on Lowry and we've seen it with him wearing down again in January. Really need to pace his load the remainder of the season and make sure he's healthy for the playoffs. Gasol can help with that in a way that Ibaka will never be able to.

In general, Gasol can just blow the options wide open for what the starters are doing offensively.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Gasol’s passing will do wonders for the starters, he is elite. You noticed his passing in the last game with the bench, he can do an even better job with Kyle, Danny and Kawhi on the perimeter and Pascal cutting.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Whether he starts or just plays a lot of minutes with the starters and finishes games, I really, really want to see Gasol develop some chemistry there.

The offense with the starters, which has been good, has been limited to Lowry initiating in p'n'rs, Kawhi ISO's, and occasionally FVV dribbling into traffic just to mix things up.

I think this has put a pretty heavy load on Lowry and we've seen it with him wearing down again in January. Really need to pace his load the remainder of the season and make sure he's healthy for the playoffs. Gasol can help with that in a way that Ibaka will never be able to.

In general, Gasol can just blow the options wide open for what the starters are doing offensively.
                    This is actually the main reason I'd start Gasol instead of Ibaka. Like with JV; Gasol is the better player and the better fit with the starters BUT helps the bench much more than Ibaka on the bench does. Unlike JV though; the area that Gasol excels at (passing) would allow you to lessen the burden on the KLs which is WAY more important than keeping the bench stronger which would also keep them fresher.
                    Last edited by Just Is; Mon Feb 11, 2019, 05:35 PM.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I would think playing both Gasol and Ibaka presents 2 significant challenges at the offensive end. First, if Ibaka is used to space the floor, teams will pack the paint and/or load up on Kawhi / Pascal making getting to the basket difficult. Never mind the fact our smallish, slowish guards already struggle getting to the basket for easy buckets Secondly, if Ibaka chooses to fire away, even before his recent 12 game 1/23 slump, he was shooting only 30.1% of his 3 pt FGA this season. For a team that sits near the bottom of the league in 3 pt FG%, this line-up probably won't help. Thoughts?

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                        I would think playing both Gasol and Ibaka presents 2 significant challenges at the offensive end. First, if Ibaka is used to space the floor, teams will pack the paint and/or load up on Kawhi / Pascal making getting to the basket difficult. Never mind the fact our smallish, slowish guards already struggle getting to the basket for easy buckets Secondly, if Ibaka chooses to fire away, even before his recent 12 game 1/23 slump, he was shooting only 30.1% of his 3 pt FGA this season. For a team that sits near the bottom of the league in 3 pt FG%, this line-up probably won't help. Thoughts?
                        I dont think serge and gasol should see many minutes together. Gasol should start, he can help open up the offence in ways that serge cannot. He can do that as well with the bench of course, but helping the other starters get good looks is more important than the bench. Its also important to note that when the playoffs start, its likely that all our bench players will always share the floor with at least 1 starter, but likely 2 or more. So whatever benefits Gasol can add to the offence, ultimately he will offer that to both starters and bench players. I'm expecting a tight 8-9 man playoff rotation, although 10 might be possible with the addition of Lin and if everyone else is healthy and playing well. Also, i think the good things that serge offers offensively are exactly the types of things that predominant bench units can utilize anyways. Serge has been very good this year and fred and company can benefit from his floor spacing and mid range pick n pop abilities. Lin as well will be able to figure out how to work with serge IMO. The gasol, ibaka, pascal, kawhi, and PG lineup won't get much look i'd guess, but i'm excited and curious to see it in action nonetheless.

Comment

• Comment

• Leo says Kawhi goes off glass for the last bucket like he meant it! Liked Kawhi's interview.

Comment

• Marc Gasol should be the team's starting C. If they start Ibaka again next game i'm going to be pissed.

Gasol should also be playing playing in crunch time.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Watching highlights of Gasol. The debate is "oova". Gasol is hands down our best 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X