Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    OK, I will find a way to talk myself into this deal. Mostly based on hoping Gasol has more in the tank than he's shown on crappy Memphis.

Frontcourt seems a little crowded - after thinking about it, I guess Ibaka comes off the bench? And gets some mid-Q run as PF beside Gasol?
    Yeah I think Ibaka and Gasol both get 25-30 and split a few minutes...push OG down to his natural 3 a bit more especially easier with no Cj or delon
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Memphis was one of the few times out West that I paid attention to because of the Vancouver connection.

... I'm only hoping he's been doggin' it there for a few seasons because ... I don't get this move. Also hope the losing feeling thing in shooting hand was just part of that doggin' it thing.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I'll support Marc Gasol as I will support anyone as long as he's a Raptor, but I have to say, this feels like a bad deal. We acquired a declining, injury prone and weak rebounder for his position on a year that two of our main problems are precisely injuries and rebounding. Gave away youth, PG depth and pick that could be used on a more productive deal.

I will never be stuck on a narrative a hate him while his here, I really wish he can take us to the finals, he was a great player on his prime, just having a hard convincing myself this was a good move for the Raptors, short or long term. Hopefully this will energize him and we'll see the old Gasol more and more

Comment

Does his contract go for one more year? Seems like a bit of a salary dump - a consolidating move with contracts expiring "at the right time".

Lot of roster room to be filled in the weeks ahead.

Comment

I like JV but Gasol is a premier team defender and he's going to have a much easier time offensively now that he's surrounded by others who can carry the heavy load. He's also historically been a tremendous playoff performer. This is a terrific move. Losing JV hurts a little cause he grew up here but moving Wright and Miles hurts Raps not at all. Now we wait to see if Raps can land Mathews to round out that second unit.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Does his contract go for one more year? Seems like a bit of a salary dump - a consolidating move with contracts expiring "at the right time".

He's got a $25M player option (JV had a $16M PO too). He might opt out. Lots of money floating around in the NBA this summer and he has a big name. But he's also 34 years old.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

His contract is a player option he'll pick up. So yes. We're even more all in for 2019, and if Kawhi leaves we dump Lowry Ibaka and gasol for a treasure trove of picks

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  He's got a $25M player option (JV had a $16M PO too). He might opt out. Lots of money floating around in the NBA this summer and he has a big name. But he's also 34 years old.
                  Hell no he wont get 25 million anywhere. Tons of free agents are up this summer, including cousins and brook lopez

Comment

you know what.. I ll tell myself that I am ok with this deal if Gasol performs at his recent rate for at least next 3 years...

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Hell no he wont get 25 million anywhere. Tons of free agents are up this summer, including cousins and brook lopez
                      This year feels like cap jump year. Buncha teams kno they're out of it. Build cap space swing and miss ugly(knicks), over pay Joakim Noah strike that Marc Gasol.

Comment

Kawhisexual wrote: View Post
                        you know what.. I ll tell myself that I am ok with this deal if Gasol performs at his recent rate for at least next 3 years...
                        This move is about the next 3-4 months. They'll worry about the 2 years after that when they get there....

Comment

Ball wrote: View Post
                          I hope for our sake he ages like Pau Gasol did between the ages of 34 to 37. Otherwise it's gonna be painful watching him play these last few months.
                          He has a player option for $25M next season, it won't be a few months

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            This move is about the next 3-4 months. They'll worry about the 2 years after that when they get there....
                            that's the puzzling part for me man... this move feels very lateral to me :s

Comment

I have been a big JV supporter as both a player and a person. Excellent teammate, 100% effort, never complains, no drama.
                              I'm not even sure I'd trade him straight up for Gasol (that's simply heart not head talking) but Wright and the pick is too much imo. Myles? Meh....

Gasol has a lot of miles on that body and only gets 3 more PPG than JV with double the minutes needed to get there.

I'd sooner it was Ibaka and we sold at a semi-high on him but too late now. It honestly seems like Masai was feeling the pressure to do something as the Bucks and Sixers were really busy.

But I'm now gonna cheer for Gasol, I'm a Raptor fan first.If he can bring 20 a night and be revitaized here for at least this playoff run, I'm all in. And I hope he socres something amazing in the buyout market because we're suddenly short a few warm bodies.

Comment

Kawhisexual wrote: View Post
                                that's the puzzling part for me man... this move feels very lateral to me :s
                                In the short term Marc gasol is a clearly better basketball player than either ibaka or jv.

Comment

Working...
                                X