No announcement yet.

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading though a lot of posts here makes me wanna be "Superjudge" circa 2010 again.

The comments here speak volumes about the actual Basketball knowledge people have. Forget the bullshit they learn through youtube analysis, it makes me want to puke. Learn the fucking game by playing it, with real players, real coaches and REAL opponents.

Marc Gasol is a Golden God compared to Jonas, and I love Jonas. There is so much going on out there, and there are guys that just get it, and guys who don't. Earlier this year I remember watching Toronto play Memphis...every time Gasol had the ball I wanted to puke because he made something happen.....sometimes very small or subtle, but this guy was always thinking, always balling.

You got guys here bitcing about "long term" this, contracts that....ST actual FU. What the fuck do you care about money spent or windows or long terms.... you think this ride lasts a decade? The Raps tried and fucking failed with what the had the last 5 years...every year they failed, badly. So it's time to shit of get off the pot, and that is EXACTLY what you are seeing right now, only the moves Masai has made have left a small trap door should KL decide to stay in Toronto...which he won't.

We all liked JV, the media feeds us Open Gym bullshit about how nice these guys all are on purpose so we will love them win or lose...it's calculated guys, andif yo don't know that, you need to brush up on how marketing works in 2019. Jonas is a Basketball player, an interchangeable part. He wa sused to get a much better part, jut like Derozan, who we all oved as a nice guy was.

Fuck those guys.
    They weren't good enough.
    So you have to try to improve.

The Raptors are a better team right now then they were 12 hours ago. A few moves later they will be even better.

Live in the now, you could get dick cancer tomorrow and you won't see next season. Stop pretending you have a horse in this race past this borderline addiction of a messageboard, and beers at St. Louis with your nerd buddies.

....... gah, you guys make me so mad.

Comment

• I'm pretty confident MG will be the best Center this franchise has ever seen, this next year and a half or so. The fit is incredible, with the team in need of another playmaker, and that next talent upgrade, even if marginal - his face-up game and overall acumen could make all the difference when all is said and done.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
        Reading though a lot of posts here makes me wanna be "Superjudge" circa 2010 again.

Live in the now, you could get dick cancer tomorrow and you won't see next season. Stop pretending you have a horse in this race past this borderline addiction of a messageboard, and beers at St. Louis with your nerd buddies.

....... gah, you guys make me so mad.

LOL Don't ever change SuperJudge. Unless ... y'know ... you think there's a good reason to.

Comment

• Go Raps!
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I liked JV ever since the draft and not knowing who the hell he was, and then watching the FIBA or Euro champs, whatever was one that summer. I loved JV ever since during a commercial for the team, in a broken english accent, he yelled victory baby.

He was efficient, a great teammate, a decent player. He brought his hard hat and tried to do what he was asked too. Need to get bigger, did it. Oh too big, need to loose weight; did it. The game is changing you need to add a 3 to your game, did it (kinda but he tried) That was the thing, the kid tried, Hard.

That being said he was flawed (as every player is). His man defence was decent, his team defence wasn't as good. The many things you can say about JV's pros one definitely wasn't his passing ability. That's where Gasol shines. Although old, and definitely on the downside of his career, Gasol can pass. He can shoot. He can play team defence.

I think the other thing about this trade, and the other two that went down, is that we can now pick from the buyouts. There was no way that Delon, CJ, Moose and Malachi was getting you potentially Lin, Mathews, Parsons, Randolph, Jordan etc.

I hate to give up JV, and when I first heard the trade I was bummed. But Gasol on this team, this year, is a good move. Our window isn't big, it never really was. As long as we can stay healthy, I like our chances in the playoffs.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              LOL Don't ever change SuperJudge. Unless ... y'know ... you think there's a good reason to.
              I love how his account says he’s generally happy and literally every time he posts here it’s because he’s colossally pissed off.

Comment

• 19 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 4.8 assists in 33.5 minutes per game over his final eight appearances in Memphis.

Gasol is a viable 3-point shooter, knocking down 34.4 percent of his deep tries on 4.2 attempts per game; he can both stretch and punish defenses. He’s also one of the best playmaking big men ever. Only four centers in league history to log at least 5,000 minutes have a higher assist rate than Gasol, who can act as an offensive hub at the elbows, hit cutters with high-low feeds from the high post, and free up guards to get going downhill off of dribble handoffs.

Gasol lacks lateral quickness, but he remains one of the league’s most cerebral interior defenders; he looked like a Defensive Player of the Year candidate through the first 20 games. While his defensive impact cratered as he hobbled around through December, it has seemed to rebound of late. Over his final 10 games as a Grizzly, Memphis allowed 5.8 fewer points per 100 possessions with Gasol on the floor than when he was on the bench.

A product of the Barcelona club system, Gasol has always been a player who has prioritized collective execution and a “play the right way” approach. Maybe the chance to get back to competing at the highest levels in that sort of dynamic overrides any concerns over receding individual opportunities, and maybe that will help Gasol become precisely the sort of talent jolt the Raptors need to keep pace with the other beasts of the East.
                https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/2...trade-deadline

I vomited slightly when I remembered where he was from, but everything else seems good.
                Last edited by Truth Teller; Thu Feb 7, 2019, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                  I love how his account says he’s generally happy and literally every time he posts here it’s because he’s colossally pissed off.

Comment

• Can we also talk about how Big Spanish is totally a Kawhi-type of player. I gotta believe that Kawhi and co. feel pretty darn good about this, regardless of how much they liked JV.

Comment

• Is this our final form? We used to have DeMar, now we have Kawhi. Instead of JV, Marc Gasol.

OG is our king

Comment

• We have some roster spots to fill yet, but this is probably our main playoff rotation.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          Can we also talk about how Big Spanish is totally a Kawhi-type of player. I gotta believe that Kawhi and co. feel pretty darn good about this, regardless of how much they liked JV.
                          Yeah, I agree. Instead of thinking how good Gasol fits with the Raptors, think about how well Kawhi would have fit in with the grit and grind Grizzlies. Man I wish we got Conley too.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Gasol 4.7 assists per game rank SECOND on the Toronto Raptors.
                            And his 9 rebounds ranks first

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                              Is this our final form?

Comment

• So according to my 2K myLeague, Gasol will go for a 26 and 14 (with 4 assists and 2 blocks) in his first game with us. Bookmark that.

Comment

Working...
                                X