No announcement yet.

Everything Marc Gasol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what does that mean for us? Can Gasol play?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      So what that means for us? Can Gasol play?

it sounds like just a JV problem cause he's not an American National. if Delon and CJ are cleared it means Mar can go
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        It's just a bad choice of words. Kawhi isn't exactly the most eloquent of speakers, I think that's pretty much understood.
        I dunno...I definitely got the sense that he had some input in the deal.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Coming off the bench. Hopefully it’s not a trend.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Was looking for some Gasol stuff online today and came across this:
            https://www.bball-index.com/marc-gasol-trade-2019/

This was done after the rumours came out that the Hornets were interested in him.

This chart was quite interesting (for me):

Gasol has declined through the years, but has still been effective in a lot of areas. Key thing for me is that his interior defense got an A-. I was worried that his defense has dropped off but it doesn't look like it.

Both his DRPM and his PIPM scores seem to confirm that as well.

I'm slowly coming around. Anxiously awaiting to see what he's like on the court with the team.

Does Nurse allow him to initiate the offense from the high post? Or do we still rely on the ball handler to make a play through screens or what not. Will be interesting to see what we do.
            How much of his decline can be attributed to his age vs. the Grizzlies getting worse each year since 2014-2015? I wonder how well these stats account for Gasol's teammates?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
              it sounds like just a JV problem cause he's not an American National. if Delon and CJ are cleared it means Mar can go
              Interesting. I'm guessing JV needs a US work permit to play for the Grizzlies. Never thought about that with international players moving between Raps + US teams.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Interesting. I'm guessing JV needs a US work permit to play for the Grizzlies. Never thought about that with international players moving between Raps + US teams.
                "These guys are coming across our border, their sending their best, their bringing rebound, put-back and blocks"
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Excited now for Pau....I mean Marc
                  New beginning Raps!

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    "These guys are coming across our border, their sending their best, their bringing rebound, put-back and blocks"
                    Hopefully JV left his MJ here ..... that could be trouble at the border lol

Comment

• one underrated part of the deal... we have the spanish national coach on our bench who pops in here and there. He has some weird deal where he is here part time. Sergio Scariolo

Comment

• Marc very appreciative also to the Memphis org for trading him to a contender with a chance for a title run.

Im impressed already of this guy on how he carries himself.

Sad to see JV and Delon go but Im very excited that we were able to acquire a player with pedigree and how he can impact this team’s run to win it all. All the best to you.

Go Raps !

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Was looking for some Gasol stuff online today and came across this:
                          https://www.bball-index.com/marc-gasol-trade-2019/

This was done after the rumours came out that the Hornets were interested in him.

This chart was quite interesting (for me):

Gasol has declined through the years, but has still been effective in a lot of areas. Key thing for me is that his interior defense got an A-. I was worried that his defense has dropped off but it doesn't look like it.

Both his DRPM and his PIPM scores seem to confirm that as well.

I'm slowly coming around. Anxiously awaiting to see what he's like on the court with the team.

Does Nurse allow him to initiate the offense from the high post? Or do we still rely on the ball handler to make a play through screens or what not. Will be interesting to see what we do.
                          His perimeter defense has peaked, showing steady improvement from his early years till now.

Comment

• Marc Gasol’s precious bodily fluids are flowing.

Comment

• First post game interview

https://streamable.com/lhx0h

Love this guy

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X